Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Hey all,

Just quickly. I think that I've loaded the combo pack into my hosted server (27.50.71.22:27040), but I'm not sure it's working. What's the easiest way to determine if the prefabs are being used in the random gen? I had a quick fly around last night and I'm not sure if the new prefabs are in. I didn't really see any that truely stood out.

Hey all,

Just quickly. I think that I've loaded the combo pack into my hosted server (27.50.71.22:27040), but I'm not sure it's working. What's the easiest way to determine if the prefabs are being used in the random gen? I had a quick fly around last night and I'm not sure if the new prefabs are in. I didn't really see any that truely stood out.

Any red lines in the console. Can you screen shot a few prefabs you see randomly and upload

Trying to install this on a rented server, no option to upload the whole prefab file, want's me to do each file one at a time. Is there a better way to install this?

I use a ftp-tool like FILEZILLA. Here u can work (upload/download) like in a normal Windows.

U can copy all files at once to the serverside with this tool. Its freeware.

On my rented host-server-client Iam also just allowed to copy 1 file at a time. Its totally mod-unfriendly !!!

Using a ftp-tool is the most elegant way - and saves alot of time

@mrsqish:

I looked at ur output.log.

It seems it something to do with Allocs fixes. The engine cant find files of it.

Are u sure u installed Allocs server fixes to the right place - where its should be ???

Mag

no release is planned for the next time.

I know about 3 or 4 little bugs - but the CP16 works very fine in this '*?!?"§ A13.6 version !!!

(esp with the unofficial XML-FILES !!) !!

Mag

You were talking about unofficial XML-File, do you mean this https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?37165-Unofficial-XML-Fixes

Or do you mean the one that is already in your compo pack?

I don't know why i cant edit the post but anyway. Disregard the last sentence. I thought Clockwork has included rwgmixer in his archive.

But anyway, should I use all of his modified xml files along with your prefab pack?

I did. Go to the first post and there is a link to the change log that will show you all the fixes.

Majority of the fixes are eliminating crafting exploits, and others get the zombies to spawn again.

Sucks to play in a world without anything to do but loot.

I don't know why i cant edit the post but anyway. Disregard the last sentence. I thought Clockwork has included rwgmixer in his archive.

But anyway, should I use all of his modified xml files along with your prefab pack?

yes i meant the mod from clockwork orange.

No - clockwork orange`s mod dont have rwgmixer.xml

I did use all of his modified .xml-files - and all works fine :)

Mag

Does this work with 13.7 or does something need to be fixed? Thanks.

I'm having map loading issues, im not sure if it is this or another mod im using yet tho

You may have to overwrite the rwgmixer.xml (from the mod PACK file) again with the one in your game folder .../Data/Config/ Don't forget to make a backup copy of the vanilla rwgmixer.xml FIRST.

This should work, but I am not 100% certain, as I am at work right now and haven't tested it yet.

Compo-Pack 16 works with dedicated server 13.7 (using existing 13.6 world). Checked border terrain and seems to mesh existing and new terrain ok. In other words, this pack designed for alpha 13.6 won't blow up on 13.7 if installed correctly. Again, only tested on dedicated server (Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS). I have not tested single player or non-dedicated client/server but dedicated server tends to be more finicky than the client.

Also running the current 13.7 unofficial XML fixes with it (which do not touch the same files)

LHammonds

Archived