Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Thanks for all your hard work Magoli. I had a bit of a test with vanilla 13.6 and with the prefab pack on fresh maps and flew around for awhile.

Biomes are huge now in 13.6! Which makes finding some prefabs alot harder depending on where you spawn in a biome.

The prefabs were spawning where I expected, though the floating stadium made me chuckle.

The town filling is the same as it was before (quite sparse compared to 12.5) in both vanilla and with the current prefab pack (Combopack12).

yeah I dont know how much the floating stadium or the update is causing the problem, I was looking at the vanilla A13.6 and seen buildings way up on a tall mound not a hill and seen pics with building in holes and huge piles of dirt on top of buildings. I had to put the custom rwg he made back in the game or my base with all its loot was gone and the new base I found looked messed up, walls where missing and there where trees inside the huge building. I think he is like 30% done as of now. I wish I knew how to help him out but the best I could do for him was find a collection of the prefabs from all the people who made them that I could, He is the amazing one lol. I cant wait to test it out and for TFP to fix the messed up locations but with the holidays who knows. I live with my brother who is atheist and my family is all but gone so we dont really do anything on the holidays just making a nice ham and stuff for Christmas dinner. For some reason he dont like the crafting in these type of games so he dont play with me it kind of sucks and with my heart condition I cant play as much as I want so playing with others they end up getting a lot more stuff and things done while im way behind.

If you are playing the same world maybe try a restart. As mags has stated he is currently going thru the pack updating it to a13. This takes time and not happen over night.

Secondly it is xmas man people have lives this will be sorted some time. Til Christmas is over family time is done.

As for the floating stadium. Is it the SS.Stadium or another one of mine or. The SS.Stadium needs to be set at 0,0 if set outside this hub it will cause errors this will be looked in coming times once christmas is over.

But mags has done a wonderful job and deserves some time for family. So be patient keep placing errors etc here for him til he returns from xmas duties and i am sure he be right on it.

hi guys

just saw it right now. 13.6 is out !!!

WOW TFP - THX for that !!! :)

Iam still on repairing the prefabs. I starting now with letter "H"

When iam finished i will check all the new stuff and changes in 13.6 !!!

And finally i have to add the wasteland back to the xml's again.

Now that all biomes are back again - Iam able to ensure a better POI's-mix per biome and a better variety.

Iam also interrested if some of the Issues are gone now !? (esp. townfilling and wilderness-variety)

OK now I give fullthrottle

Mag

Hi Magoli,

Just letting you know, our entire server are eagerly awaiting your prefab update to 13.6 compatible. The zombie population on our server are in hiding right now due to the player base waiting in limbo for map reset to take place, instead they are taking out their frustrations on the wildlife and zombies. So...no pressure.

On a serious note, we love your work on the prefab mod and wont play without it :)

incorrect - you can use old stuff - you will just see crazy things when the new mixer hits the world - like cut off mountains or straight drops or roads that end instantly - its no big deal really but you can just continue with new mixers.

- - - Updated - - -

only time new stuff will load is in any area that a player has yet to discover!

On a REALLY serious note, no one should be trying to mix old saves with new packs, or new updates, and to try to use an old save with a new pack and new update? Insanity. :)

Unless you're insane.

Mwahhahahahaha..ahahahaha...ahahaha...and so on.

incorrect - you can use old stuff - you will just see crazy things when the new mixer hits the world - like cut off mountains or straight drops or roads that end instantly - its no big deal really but you can just continue with new mixers.

- - - Updated - - -

only time new stuff will load is in any area that a player has yet to discover!

I'd wager he knows this; you took him literally. He just thinks people are crazy for doing so, and perhaps crazy "like a fox" not plain "bat-♥♥♥♥" crazy.

Relax, it's Christmas.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- the world is much more interesting when you're slightly insane

Edited by h0tr0d (see edit history)

Hey Magoli,

I was wondering what takes you more time: fixing the individual prefabs or rewriting the mixer?

When a new version from TFP comes out, the prefabs are fairly easy to install, since the prefabs have names that do not interfere with the vanilla prefabs. But the rwgmixer.xml file gets overwritten and with changes such as 13.6, I am guessing you need to make changes by hand. If you simply overwrite the rwgmixer.xml file, you lose all of the TFP improvements.

I was thinking of writing a script that would automate the insertion into rwgmixer.xml so that it can be patched with the custom prefabs. I'll see what I can do in my spare time.

There does seem to be a way of putting several rulesets in the file (since there is a "ruleset" attribute on the top world tag, and it defaults to "vanilla"). I'll be exploring a bit.

Do you think this would be helpful?

Hey Magoli,

I was wondering what takes you more time: fixing the individual prefabs or rewriting the mixer?

When a new version from TFP comes out, the prefabs are fairly easy to install, since the prefabs have names that do not interfere with the vanilla prefabs. But the rwgmixer.xml file gets overwritten and with changes such as 13.6, I am guessing you need to make changes by hand. If you simply overwrite the rwgmixer.xml file, you lose all of the TFP improvements.

I was thinking of writing a script that would automate the insertion into rwgmixer.xml so that it can be patched with the custom prefabs. I'll see what I can do in my spare time.

There does seem to be a way of putting several rulesets in the file (since there is a "ruleset" attribute on the top world tag, and it defaults to "vanilla"). I'll be exploring a bit.

Do you think this would be helpful?

I dunno man, out of my area.

I just save my prefabs and config folder.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- the sound of silence

i may be wrong here but why doesnt this work ? its working for me? i mean i do have a mod connected to it but not sure why its not working for you ?

the terrain heights ave changed so buildings will place wrong and be placed wrong and I think if you put his rwg file in it removes the updated map shape and size. When I use mag's instead of vanilla the biomes are small as usual so its not working the same. It will be ready soon as he can get it out to use. I cant wait the world needs more variety

No, it's correct, because, and I quote "you will just see crazy things when the new mixer hits the world - like cut off mountains or straight drops or roads that end instantly". ;)

...all kidding aside, it's a preference thing, no worries... I'm also huge into "start from scratch" so people aren't chasing down issues that are solely related to not having done so.

UPDATE - TIME !!!

COMPOPACK 13 is out now !!!

Technically it works perfect - But its really not goodlooking !!! Way of I wanted to be !!!

(I would say with alpha 13.6 the CP has made 3 steps back !!!)

pls read the OP to get more informations.

And then u can download it if u still want to !

Changelog COMPOPACK13 (for 7dtd - alpha13)

- added new lines in rwgmixer.xml (in several parts)

blockfixes:

fixed misrotated beds in "xcostum_3BlockStores(by_Leo_Liuos)a13_v1"

fixed flying cookingpots in "xcostum_Apartment(by_Gertle)a13v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and beds in "xcostum_Apartments(by_Batman)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and beds in "xcostum_Apartment_Stores(by_Laz_Man)a13_v1"

fixed changed flying cars back to signspeed35 in "xcostum_basketball_arena(by_LowfDog)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and re-added the missing walking-surface in "xcostum_Bavarian_Bowse_Shop(by_magoli)a13v1"

fixed misrotated blocks and added xml in "xcostum_Bunker_deep(by_Devilhunter)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated blocks and cars in "xcostum_Car_Dealership_new(by_p1ut0nium)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_Church(by_Guppycur)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_crematory(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated blocks in "xcostum_Farm(by_BigC90210)a13_v1"

added missing beds to "xcostum_Firehouse(by_Warsaken)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_Firestation(by_Slick50)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car in "xcostum_FuneralHome(by_Wsiegel)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car in "xcostum_FuneralHome_city(by_Wsiegel)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and matressflat in "xcostum_GasStation(by_Warsaken)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_Glass_factory_big(by_Khyber)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattressesflat in "xcostum_Guildhall(ex_vanilla_ornate01)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated tubepowerpoles in "xcostum_H0bbit(by_Limodor)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattressesflat in "xcostum_Haulier_lg(by_Limodor)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car in "xcostum_Haulier_md(by_Limodor)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_Hightop(by_Curbolt)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_Hospital(by_Wsiegel)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattressesflat and pipes in "xcostum_HospitalA(by_Limodor)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattressesflat and pipes in "xcostum_HospitalB(by_Limodor)a13_v1"

fixed changed tubesorange to tubepowerpoles in "xcostum_House(by_LastI)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car in "xcostum_House(by_ShoNuff)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car in "xcostum_kwikemart(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car in "xcostum_kwikemartcity(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_McDonalds(by_BigC90210)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattressesflat and cars in "xcostum_med_clinic_small(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated beds in "xcostum_MiniBikeRaceTrack(by_Spider)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car and changed all the wrong blocks to signspeed25 "xcostum_minigolf(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car in "xcostum_MiniMall(by_Spider)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and car in "xcostum_moestaverne(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and added back cars in "xcostum_MultiStore(by_ANT)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattressesflat in "xcostum_myhouse(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and matressflat in "xcostum_NSiteMissileSilo(byEphoie)a13_v1"

fixed removed deco-pipecaps in "xcostum_Nuclear_Powerplant(by_Rocky)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_Nuket0wn(by_Limodor)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipe in "xcostum_Pawnshop(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed changed back several blocks back to mountainpines in "xcostum_PersianMansion(by_saeid)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated cars in "xcostum_pistol_gunshop(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_Plant(by_Wsiegel)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and tubehalfmetal2blocks in "xcostum_Public_Pool(by_Warsaken)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and mattressesflat in "xcostum_Recycling(by_Limodor)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated cars in "xcostum_RestArea_Desert(by_Guppycur)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_RocketLaunchPad(by_Saeid)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattressesflat in "xcostum_School(by_LazMan)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattressesflat in "xcostum_School_city(by_LazMan)a13_v1"

fixed removed unallowed zeds and added new zeds in "xcostum_shootingrange(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and mattrassesflat in "xcostum_ShoppingCenterMall(by_Warsaken)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattrassesflat in "xcostum_ShoppingCenterShops(by_Warsaken)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_simpsonshouse(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_Skycpraper(by_Peppino)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_Stonehenge(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattrassesflat in "xcostum_stripclub(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_StripClub(by_Wsiegel)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated cars in "xcostum_Stripmall(by_Guppycur)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_swimmingbath(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated cars in "xcostum_Tavern(by_Limodor)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car in "xcostum_TheEstate(by_Ekk0)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_TheMill(by_MoNKeYest1)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipe in "xcostum_TheSect_Followers-of-M(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated mattrassesflat in "xcostum_timbershop(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_TittyTwister(by_Sorrowthief)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated cars in "xcostum_TownHall(by_Guppycur)a13_v1"

fixed changed pipecaps to spotlights in "xcostum_townsquare(by_snake0567)a13_v1"

fixed several misrotated blocks in "xcostum_TruckStop(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated cars in "xcostum_TruckStop_Roadhouse(by_stallionsden)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and cars in "xcostum_TV_Tower_Restaurant(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and cars in "xcostum_Villa(by_Limodor)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated car in "xcostum_Warehouse(by_Batman)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes and cars in "xcostum_Windowfactory(by_magoli)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_WulftownA(by_WereWulfen)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xcostum_WulftownCD(by_WereWulfen)a13_v1"

fixed removed unallowed zeds and added new zeds in "xcostum_ZombieZoo(by_Wsiegel)a13_v1"

fixed removed unallowed zeds and added new zeds in "xcostum_ZombieZoo_city(by_Wsiegel)a13_v1"

fixed misrotated pipes in "xvanilla_oldwest_watertower"

end-of-list

Magoli

Thanks mag, yeah TFP dont make it easy to add prefabs the way they should. Keep up the good work. Quick question what is the difference between using your last prefab file and this one in game? I know using your last one the china city area I partially explored was still rendering etc.

the prefabs are repaired (missrotations)

and the biomes are added to the biome_Spwan_rule set in the rwgmixer.xml

also i have set the values on cellsize and offset to Vanilla-defaults.

thats all I have done.

There so manny Issues and questions now - I dont know to start !

This is y i take a break now - till the Issues are fixed or fixable !!!

cya guys

Mag

To ensure they generate at that position and that position only.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- you shall not pass

<cell_rule name="AsiaHub" position="0,1" prob="0"/>

So, what is "position = 0,1" ?

If I remove the "prob = 0", then the hub could appear anywhere ? Wouldn't that be better since "0,0" could be anything than flat !?!

• Roland locked this topic