Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

13.4 made no changes to the rgw mixer, so there isn't any reason this wouldn't be compatible.

The horrible terrain is the RGW mixer's procedures. It's been an issue since a12, and is amplified in a13. Hoping the pimps resolve that part soon. I get it on both Vanilla and with the pack just the same.

Yeh I hope they get to work on it soon to :-). Vanilla issue unfortunately

- - - Updated - - -

"should" is not a secure/safe word :p

lol as SylenThunder mentioned. I was 99% confident it was compatible at the time i made that statement. I am now beyond 100% lol :-D better haha :-P

even if they change the mixer - that doesnt mean it will not work - usual fails in the map come from biomes or things that cannot load because the block is not there!

- - - Updated - - -

if the mixer is changed it only effects things on your map that has yet to be viewed by a player - when that happends you will see like things of mountains cut in half and or high elevation instantly!

even if they change the mixer - that doesnt mean it will not work - usual fails in the map come from biomes or things that cannot load because the block is not there!

- - - Updated - - -

if the mixer is changed it only effects things on your map that has yet to be viewed by a player - when that happends you will see like things of mountains cut in half and or high elevation instantly!

If hub size is too large or too large for the position depending on the offset.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- it all depends

what are you saying? that it doesnt work? dont take this the wrong way but i have yet to run into that issue... am i missing something ?

I have found you find cliffs cut in half, or odd/abrupt/disjunctive transitions it is usually, if not always, one of three things:

1) the hub is too large for the cell.

2) the cell_offsets place the hub too close to another cell and causes the abrupt or cliffed transitions

3) the rwgmixer cell size was adjusted mid-seed. This usually manifests in roads not aligning, and the straight-line cliffs.

You can still have cliffs without these, of course.

It seemed a rushed response which wasn't as coherent or clear as perhaps it could have been, and, since you were trying to help him understand, maybe should have been.

I was merely clarifying, or expounding upon what you stated.

And if a block does not exist you would get a Nullreference before you even got into the game.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- always tasty, never hasty

Edited by h0tr0d (see edit history)

I have found you find cliffs cut in half, or odd/abrupt/disjunctive transitions it is usually, if not always, one of three things:

1) the hub is too large for the cell.

2) the cell_offsets place the hub too close to another cell and causes the abrupt or cliffed transitions

3) the rwgmixer cell size was adjusted mid-seed. This usually manifests in roads not aligning, and the straight-line cliffs.

You can still have cliffs without these, of course.

It seemed a rushed response which wasn't as coherent or clear as perhaps it could have been, and, since you were trying to help him understand, maybe should have been.

I was merely clarifying, or expounding upon what you stated.

And if a block does not exist you would get a Nullreference before you even got into the game.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- always tasty, never hasty

that is incorrect - the null reference only will apear as soon as the prefab loads - so lets say for example v12.5 to v13 prefabs would give you errors if you add them all most likely at the start. however if you just add one, as long as the prefab doesnt load its self - you wont see the error till then!

whats really sad hotrod is that YOU of all should own to being incorrect 2nd we are not talking about blocks any other place then prefabs , so you can add that in if you want, but im not talking about that. 3rd a block that is missing and not in any other place, will not cause a error when only in PREFABS, only when prefab is loaded does the error appear. You of such caliber should know these things.... or am i wrong about you ?

@Magoli or h0tr0d (or anyone else who knows), is there a simple procedure for updating an existing prefab for A13 compatibility? Is there a 7D2D prefab editor that handles this relatively easily?

OFC a editor exists !!! Its the most important tool for us prefabbers. Its Hal's prefab-editor here

But a easy convertion from A12 to A13 !? forget it. It needs knowledge of about many things.

But there will be a tool that converts old A12-prefabs - so they will work in A13 !! (also by Hal)

(Just needs a few more days to code)

the updated editor comes out soon - and after that perhaps soon the converter !!

Mag

OFC a editor exists !!! Its the most important tool for us prefabbers. Its Hal's prefab-editor here

But a easy convertion from A12 to A13 !? forget it. It needs knowledge of about many things.

But there will be a tool that converts old A12-prefabs - so they will work in A13 !! (also by Hal)

the updated editor comes out soon - and after that perhaps soon the converter !!

Mag

Is there going to be an official editor for prefabs? Something easy to use even for n00bies?

Mag

Good to know. I wonder if TFP have considered working more directly with Hal, since his editor is essential to the modding community. I had expected TFP to be more proactive about preparing the community for broken prefabs in A13.

Edited by vaustein (see edit history)

Mag

Magoli is right - the other way to do this - i have done but like he says , you need knowledge of alot of code to make this work and alot of time. Its probably best to just wait for the editor to be released!

Good to know. I wonder if TFP have considered working more directly with Hal, since his editor is essential to the modding community. I had expected TFP to be more proactive about preparing the community for broken prefabs in A13.

He's in the game credits.... (Although alot of useless people are...;))

I wiped my server and installed the new version but for some reason, the old map I had on my server (random gen) still shows up. As I walk over the areas that were uncovered, the map updates chunk by chunk to reflect the new terrain and POI generation, but the old map is still displaying for some odd reason. Anyone know how to fix this?

thats because player map overview is saved to the player not the actual map save - so when you hit new area even thoe your map says you have been there it will update - lucky for you pimps coded that in or else you would see a overview of the old map!

- - - Updated - - -

now im not sure because i have never done this but you can go to the player data of the world you have saves under and in player folder you might get away with fixing it by deleting all *.map files. But iv never tried to be careful!

now im not sure because i have never done this but you can go to the player data of the world you have saves under and in player folder you might get away with fixing it by deleting all *.map files. But iv never tried to be careful!

Yes, that works just fine. It's what I do when I'm wiping a map, but don't want the characters to lose progress.

thats because player map overview is saved to the player not the actual map save - so when you hit new area even thoe your map says you have been there it will update - lucky for you pimps coded that in or else you would see a overview of the old map!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for seeming dense, but what folder are these files in? I can't find them anywhere under my Steam folder for the game.

the savegames are stored here:

C:\Users\Magoli\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves

maybe u have to enable showing secret/hidden windows-folders to visualize the location (if u havent it done before).

Because AppData is a hidden windows folder !!!

cheers mag

• Roland locked this topic