Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Greetings Mag!

I finally found your tree house prefab and it is awesome! Just one thing - whatever you do, don't try to chop out a ladder section or the entire thing will collapse! Found that out the hard way, LOL.... Oh, and would it be possible to have the Pine post extending through tree house itself instead of the tree? Kind of frustrating to move around inside with those tree branches everywhere. Maybe have the tree start on top of the tree house instead of in it? Just a thought....

Greetings Mag!

I finally found your tree house prefab and it is awesome! Just one thing - whatever you do, don't try to chop out a ladder section or the entire thing will collapse! Found that out the hard way, LOL.... Oh, and would it be possible to have the Pine post extending through tree house itself instead of the tree? Kind of frustrating to move around inside with those tree branches everywhere. Maybe have the tree start on top of the tree house instead of in it? Just a thought....

Yeah - thx for the tipps !!!

The branches suck - perhaps another tree-type will work better !!?

But its not possible to work without a middle-structure here - that holds everything.

have tried to let it hold on just the tree - No way !!!

Mag

• 2 weeks later...
I just installed the pack nice job. There is just one thing the fire watch tower cement footing are suppose to be 1 block in the ground.

And thanks to who ever changed the fire watch tower nice job.

Jimi_Hendrix_set-700x433.jpg.b254d3a1c0be6d4ac72dd3a164918ecc.jpg

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- neither the joker or the thief

I just installed the pack nice job. There is just one thing the fire watch tower cement footing are suppose to be 1 block in the ground.

And thanks to who ever changed the fire watch tower nice job.

Thx for the Response

Nice u like the pack :)

And thx for the prefab u have spent earlier. Also a very nice work buddy !!!

The cement-footing of the fire-tower is supposed to be like it is. The creator wanted to build it so.

This is no Bug/Issue. We have to respect the artistical freedom of the Creators !!!

Mag

• 4 weeks later...

At the mod creator:

1. Are you currently reworking the prefabs to be compatible with A13?

2. Can you please give a rough estimation how long it will take?

3. Is there a workaround or can we do this ourselves so that we don't have to wait (can't start up a server map before prefab implemenation)?

Thank you!

Sorry, but as you said, the prefabs in your mod only work, if you are using that mod.

I only want the prefabs working on the server without any further gameplay alteration.

Can you please tell us what you did to get the prefabs working in your mod?

Sorry, but as you said, the prefabs in your mod only work, if you are using that mod.

I only want the prefabs working on the server without any further gameplay alteration.

Can you please tell us what you did to get the prefabs working in your mod?

I can't really answer this, but I got the editor running in the A13 build (the game can't be started with the editor installed, though) to take a look at my prefab and why it doesn't load: There are a ton of blocks in the prefab that are now with a null reference but still exist in A13 like bricks blocks or concrete so a lot of IDs have been changed. Which ones and to what new IDs and how to make a prefab A13 ready I have no idea^^

you figured it out - lol - you want prefabs working you have to mod in the blocks they have took away - but thats not all because more errors will follow.
I had hoped if I deleted blocks like the upper and lower coffin (which is now a new one-block coffin) and the half mattress I could maybe load the prefab in A13. But you are right it seems to be much more complicated.

I am far from being an expert so any hint or help how to convert a prefab to A13 would be much appreciated.

i already said it - add what they took away

Ah I misunderstood that. Problem with that would be that the prefab won't work with a vanilla 7dtd. Better would be some kind of converter programm^^ or replacing the blocks by hand via Hals editor on a 12.5 7dtd with modded blocks (and those with the right IDs) so that loaded in A13 those modded12.5 blocks will correspond with the right block in A13.

If that makes sense^^

or by taking the blocks away - but also prefabs wont work on vanilla anyway its a add in - you have to mod the game anyway!

I'm down to just a few blocks that still give a null reference in the editor. I seriously don't get what you're trying to accomplish here with your posts.

hey guys

COMPOPACK for Alpha13 comes out soon !!! (today or tommorrow)

I have it already running and about to do the last estetical fixes.

101 block-ID's have changed !!! (+ the new Car-Prefabs)

I have already converted all Prefabs (plus all Vanilla Ones) to A13 manually.

All is working fine like before. Have no redmessages in the console anymore :) !!!!

But all the beds in all Prefabs are misrotated now.

Iam about to fix this right now (g-z left - 4-5 hours work left).

Also the new pipes and the new prefab-cars are misroted in the Prefabs since convertion (will fix this later).

stay tuned

Mag

• Like 1
  • Roland locked this topic