Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

wow - 58 Prefabs - LOL

did u hear that guys - we get a whole new little COMPOPACK for the big COMPOPACK :)

I hope the mixer doesn't explode then - LOL

btw:

There will be also 4 brandnew nicelooking Prefabs. Credits to Spider !!!

OK - when StompyNZ send it to me - i quickckeck it ,add it to the mixer - just a testspawn - and then PACK-release !!!

till then

Mag

Since Mag has crashed out for the night I've posted the hub :) Feel free to post any feedback. Especially would be interested in how it performs on lower spec machines. I got a solid 50-60 fps for most of it.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?33580-Dread-Stadium-Hub-(by-Stallionsden-and-StompyNZ)

ok tested and confirmed that its my mod fighting with it so im gonna start trying to figure that out but as far as i know it should only be blocks... that could be a problem im gonna check biomes first thoe just in case

Does your mod change any block ID's by chance, or is it just adding new blocks?

BTW do you have Hals editor installed? if so you can point it to your modded game directory and then open the prefabs to check them for null blocks (Prefab menu, List Blocks in Prefab) You don't need to copy the dll to do this part (only need hals dll for ingame stuff).

Might be a way to check if there is an issue or such with the prefabs and your blocks.xml

I'll grab your mod later and have a bit of a skim through to see if I can spot any issues.

wow - 58 Prefabs - LOL

did u hear that guys - we get a whole new little COMPOPACK for the big COMPOPACK :)

I hope the mixer doesn't explode then - LOL

btw:

There will be also 4 brandnew nicelooking Prefabs. Credits to Spider !!!

OK - when StompyNZ send it to me - i quickckeck it ,add it to the mixer - just a testspawn - and then PACK-release !!!

till then

Mag

Ooo, im super excited to see all the new prefabs especially stompys new hub. :)

btw during my creation of the hub I found a bit of an error with positions of prefabs

Sometimes the prefab will be placed 1 block out of alignment of where it should be. You can see an example of this with this bit of the layout:

<lot min_x_y="-83, 95" prefab="stadium_north_main" rotation_to_road="0" /> <!-- 174,29,45 -->

<lot min_x_y="43, -55" prefab="stadium_east_main" rotation_to_road="0" /> <!-- 48,29,150 -->

<lot min_x_y="-37, -55" prefab="stadium_pitch_zombies" rotation_to_road="0" /> <!-- 79,40,150 -->

<lot min_x_y="-84, -55" prefab="stadium_west_main" rotation_to_road="0" /> <!-- 47,29,150 -->

<lot min_x_y="-83, -103" prefab="stadium_south_main" rotation_to_road="0" /> <!-- 174,29,48 -->

Those 3 prefabs should all be the same x position but to get it lined up I had to adjust one, there's several other cases where this happens too.

Thankfully it seems to be consistent with different seeds so not a big issue, just more of a hair pulling issue if you can't work out why your prefabs aren't where they should be :)

UPDATE-TIME !!!

COMPOPACK11 is out now :)

to get it go to the OP

This release have different cases:

Some new Prefabs and hubs were created/finished since pack10.

I have done some important bugfixes also.

And i have tweaked the balancing between all the different town/city-types that are available to spawn !!!

I have fiddeled out a good and balanced spawning for that now :)

Wanna have a little peek on some of the new stuff? Here you are:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11397[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11398[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11399[/ATTACH]

A special THANX to Hal9000 this time !!! (The new created editor-functions helped the PACK very much - and saved me alot of time :) )

Here is the detailed Changelog:

CHANGELOG COMPOPACK11:

- checked all Prefabs for disrotated blocks - and repaired ALL of them !!!

repaired misrotated blocks in following Prefabs:

-xcostum_Area51(by_Stallionsden)a12_v1

-xcostum_Asia_Dojo(by_RedLotus)a12_v1

-xcostum_ShoppingCenter_Galleria(by_Laz_Man)a12_v1

-xcostum_SlumsA(by_pikero)a12_v1

- new Prefabs:

* xcostum_Polarstation(by_magoli)a12_v1 - (wilderness/snow)

* xcostum_Apartment(by_Spider)a12_v1 - (towns)

* xcostum_CityPark(by_Spider)a12_v1 - (commoncity)

* xcostum_MiniMall(by_Spider)a12_v1 - (commoncity)

* xcostum_MiniBikeRaceTrack(by_Spider)a12_v1 - (wilderness)

* xcostum_Prison(by_Limodur)a12_v1 - (added as hub)

* StadiumHub(by Stallionsden & StompyNZ) (changed the Prefabnames. Now the Prefabs for this Hub has "xx..." in front of the filenames

- exchanged all cars with placeholders now

- bugfix: removed all unvisible entities (ghosts) from all Prefabs !!! (IMO this was y the game sometimes crashed !!!)

- bugfix: turned off all lights and exchanged glassShower with glassbuisnessblock in xcostum_Hospital(by_Limodur) - it drops the fpsrate nomore down now :)

- did some tweaks on the mixer (belonging to the variety of the town- and cityTypes (also rural) ) - now its more balanced IMO

2015-11-03

Magoli

I finally got around to installing this mod last night and had a blast playing. The variety of POIs is really fun and interesting!

I spawned in the desert and fairly quickly found a POI with a 2 block high wall topped with barbed wire, lots of lootable stuff, including an underground bunker. Crops are planted, hornet hives with honey... lots of goodies! This POI is probably good enough to keep the first 7 Day Horde at bay.

UPDATE-TIME !!!

COMPOPACK11 is out now :)

to get it go to the OP

This release have different cases:

Some new Prefabs and hubs were created/finished since pack10.

I have done some important bugfixes also.

And i have tweaked the balancing between all the different town/city-types that are available to spawn !!!

I have fiddeled out a good and balanced spawning for that now :)

Wanna have a little peek on some of the new stuff? Here you are:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11397[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11398[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11399[/ATTACH]

A special THANX to Hal9000 this time !!! (The new created editor-functions helped the PACK very much - and saved me alot of time :) )

Here is the detailed Changelog:

CHANGELOG COMPOPACK11:

- checked all Prefabs for disrotated blocks - and repaired ALL of them !!!

repaired misrotated blocks in following Prefabs:

-xcostum_Area51(by_Stallionsden)a12_v1

-xcostum_Asia_Dojo(by_RedLotus)a12_v1

-xcostum_ShoppingCenter_Galleria(by_Laz_Man)a12_v1

-xcostum_SlumsA(by_pikero)a12_v1

- new Prefabs:

* xcostum_Polarstation(by_magoli)a12_v1 - (wilderness/snow)

* xcostum_Apartment(by_Spider)a12_v1 - (towns)

* xcostum_CityPark(by_Spider)a12_v1 - (commoncity)

* xcostum_MiniMall(by_Spider)a12_v1 - (commoncity)

* xcostum_MiniBikeRaceTrack(by_Spider)a12_v1 - (wilderness)

* xcostum_Prison(by_Limodur)a12_v1 - (added as hub)

* StadiumHub(by Stallionsden & StompyNZ) (changed the Prefabnames. Now the Prefabs for this Hub has "xx..." in front of the filenames

- exchanged all cars with placeholders now

- bugfix: removed all unvisible entities (ghosts) from all Prefabs !!! (IMO this was y the game sometimes crashed !!!)

- bugfix: turned off all lights and exchanged glassShower with glassbuisnessblock in xcostum_Hospital(by_Limodur) - it drops the fpsrate nomore down now :)

- did some tweaks on the mixer (belonging to the variety of the town- and cityTypes (also rural) ) - now its more balanced IMO

2015-11-03

Magoli

LOL thanks again. I was just sitting here thinking about starting a new random gen world and updating my mods.

I have to say ever since Laz brought the hub_layouts to the forefront there has been a sort of prefab explosion; the hub_layout foray was a milestone.

There is quite a bit of phenomenal work and this COMP Pack is outstanding work Magoli.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- the phenom

Hey Mag, been using your pack on my server for about a month now, all my players LOVE it and the ones that got bored with the game now have more fun and a hell of a lot more to see.

Question though, upon release of A13 do you expect any issues with the pack that would make my server unplayable and force me to delete the pack? Just trying to get a feel for what I may have to do on launch day of A13. The last thing I need is to have to spend a few hours fixing code, although I will do it if needed.

Thanks.

A13 is going to bring major changes in the way blocks are handled in the xml. I imagine it will be a week after the release before Magoli will have the pack ready for a13.

A13 will require a map wipe for certain, and the current version of the pack will not be compatible at all due to the block changes. I don't know how much info Magoli has ahead of time, but he may have to go through each and every prefab to make block changes before release. Then you've also got to count the RGW mixer changes he'll need to work through.

Hey Mag, been using your pack on my server for about a month now, all my players LOVE it and the ones that got bored with the game now have more fun and a hell of a lot more to see.

Question though, upon release of A13 do you expect any issues with the pack that would make my server unplayable and force me to delete the pack? Just trying to get a feel for what I may have to do on launch day of A13. The last thing I need is to have to spend a few hours fixing code, although I will do it if needed.

Thanks.

With the release of alpha 13 modders are gonna have lots to do to update their mods/prefabs. Hopefully tho Hal/mag/stompy comes up with a converter. Otherwise it be a pain staking effort to change each prefab lol.

But with every major alpha a new start and updates to mods are needed

Hi friends - thx for the response

This is the plan for the day when A13 will be released:

1. I check the new blocks.xml - verify it with the blocks.xml from A12.5 - and then create a block-change-table

2. From this block-change-table I create a list of blocks that have to be changed in the Prefabs

3. This list I send to Hal - and he will make a Prefab-Convertertool based on the block-changes I sent him.

(This convertertool will reorganize the blocks in the prefabs .tts-files - so they will spawn in A13 like they did before !!!)

(I dont know if Hal uses the code from the old Convertertool - or if he writes a new code - or if he copy the code from the converter and paste it in the editor as new function ???)

ALL I know: There will be a Prefabs-Converter from A12.5 to A13 (when points 1-3 are done !!!)

4. After I have block-converted the COMPO-PACK with Hals Converter - I will try to let it spawn in a13 and watch for errors.

5. When everything work fine and all the Prefabs are spawning fine again - I will replace back again the car-placeholder-signs with the cars.

6. Then I add the few new A13-Vanilla-Prefabs to my mixer (before that: checking them in Editor and xml-check!)

7. After checking whats new in mixer, and testing a bunch of seeds - I will RELEASE then the first COMPOPACK for A13 !!!

My work starts when A13 releases - and I will need about 4 hours to have the lists complete.

How much time Hal will take ??? Cant say !!! (I hope he can disconnect himself from FO4 a few hours for the converterwork -lol)

When the Converter is working - I will need about 10 hours to make the changes, check the news in the mixer, and make the spawningtests.

btw:

A little birdy has told me this:

Begin to keep in mind - that u will not be able to keep old stuff(savegames,regions,...) from a12 - and add that to A13 then !!!

That will not work !!! A13 will be a complete new thingy - and a starting a new game is absolutly necessary !!!

till then - nice time to u all

Mag

would absolutely love to use these prefabs. Considering I am using an already modded rwgmixer, how much of a tedious of a task would this be and what specific things would I need to move into my modded rwgmixer file? Or just wait until A13?

would absolutely love to use these prefabs. Considering I am using an already modded rwgmixer, how much of a tedious of a task would this be and what specific things would I need to move into my modded rwgmixer file? Or just wait until A13?

Step 1:You can just open prefabs folder of the compo pack select all and copy paste into the prefabs folder ( do not just copy the prefab folder as this can cause errors.

Step 2: next open config file of your game and place/overwrite rwgmixer from compo pack to your game folder.

If you want to add the compo mix to your rwgmixer. Do step 1: then with step 2 open compopack RWGmixer in either notepad or what not and the game rwgmixer in notepad or what not go thru each section and add the missing lines. or dl winmerge which shows 2 xmls side by side. SOme times i use this other times i use the method mentioned prior.

Step 1:You can just open prefabs folder of the compo pack select all and copy paste into the prefabs folder ( do not just copy the prefab folder as this can cause errors.

Step 2: next open config file of your game and place/overwrite rwgmixer from compo pack to your game folder.

If you want to add the compo mix to your rwgmixer. Do step 1: then with step 2 open compopack RWGmixer in either notepad or what not and the game rwgmixer in notepad or what not go thru each section and add the missing lines. or dl winmerge which shows 2 xmls side by side. SOme times i use this other times i use the method mentioned prior.

After I posted in this thread, I tried to go through it and, well, I got burned out after a short while lol. Going to keep playing the game for now and come back to it.

I'm just now learning how to mod this game. Haven't done XML work since high school so I'm very rough around the edges. I'm sure I get cross eyed looking at some of these XML's way faster and easier than anyone else lol.

Hi friends - thx for the response

This is the plan for the day when A13 will be released:

1. I check the new blocks.xml - verify it with the blocks.xml from A12.5 - and then create a block-change-table

2. From this block-change-table I create a list of blocks that have to be changed in the Prefabs

3. This list I send to Hal - and he will make a Prefab-Convertertool based on the block-changes I sent him.

(This convertertool will reorganize the blocks in the prefabs .tts-files - so they will spawn in A13 like they did before !!!)

(I dont know if Hal uses the code from the old Convertertool - or if he writes a new code - or if he copy the code from the converter and paste it in the editor as new function ???)

ALL I know: There will be a Prefabs-Converter from A12.5 to A13 (when points 1-3 are done !!!)

4. After I have block-converted the COMPO-PACK with Hals Converter - I will try to let it spawn in a13 and watch for errors.

5. When everything work fine and all the Prefabs are spawning fine again - I will replace back again the car-placeholder-signs with the cars.

6. Then I add the few new A13-Vanilla-Prefabs to my mixer (before that: checking them in Editor and xml-check!)

7. After checking whats new in mixer, and testing a bunch of seeds - I will RELEASE then the first COMPOPACK for A13 !!!

My work starts when A13 releases - and I will need about 4 hours to have the lists complete.

How much time Hal will take ??? Cant say !!! (I hope he can disconnect himself from FO4 a few hours for the converterwork -lol)

When the Converter is working - I will need about 10 hours to make the changes, check the news in the mixer, and make the spawningtests.

btw:

A little birdy has told me this:

Begin to keep in mind - that u will not be able to keep old stuff(savegames,regions,...) from a12 - and add that to A13 then !!!

That will not work !!! A13 will be a complete new thingy - and a starting a new game is absolutly necessary !!!

till then - nice time to u all

Mag

Thanks for the reply. This leaves me with 2 options for my server upon A13 release, 1. remove the compo pack completely until it is fixed then restart my world to put the pack back in (which will make players mad to have to restart say 12 hrs -24 hours after they started a world) or 2. spend hours myself fixing it (totally not going to do that)

*Sigh* guess ill have to do without the compo pack for a while upon A13 launch... oh well.

Thanks for the reply. This leaves me with 2 options for my server upon A13 release, 1. remove the compo pack completely until it is fixed then restart my world to put the pack back in (which will make players mad to have to restart say 12 hrs -24 hours after they started a world) or 2. spend hours myself fixing it (totally not going to do that)

*Sigh* guess ill have to do without the compo pack for a while upon A13 launch... oh well.

Its probably best to play the game vanilla for a while to get the full experience the pimps are having. I will play the game a bit on normal settings to get a feel how the vanilla prefabs before updating my own prefabs for alpha 13. (Mostly for balancing reasons)

Its probably best to play the game vanilla for a while to get the full experience the pimps are having. I will play the game a bit on normal settings to get a feel how the vanilla prefabs before updating my own prefabs for alpha 13. (Mostly for balancing reasons)

I will do it so too !!!

(when the chicken-hunt begins - LOL)

@jerseyetr:

Hm - dont know what u should do. Every few weeks some kind of Release/Update/hotfix drops down on us.

All I know: The latest Pack doesn't have any nasty Issues !!!

I always try to release the COMPOPACK as soon as possible !!! Most times I even preview the date of release.

I tell here what works I have to make - and what I have done.

But I cant synchronize my release with all the guys newstarts on their servers - sry ;)

btw guys:

Are u sure A13 comes out bugfree ??? I really believe not !!! There will be hotfixes in the first 1-3 weeks (like always) !!!

In this time we can watch and check the new features of A13 !!!

But I recommend serverowners to stay and play in A12.5 - until A13 is running well !!!

Mag

• Roland locked this topic

Archived