Compo-Pack for Random Gen

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Prefab.RotateY (Boolean _bLeft) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RandomGenPrefabDecorator.DecorateChunk (.World _world, .Chunk _chunk, System.Random _random) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

TFP promised to fix this Issue in A13 !!! And standardize ALL the rotions inbetween one block-shape-group.

Hey Mag,

This could mean that a block in the prefab doesn't have a proper shape defined in the XML. May be worth checking out.

It could also be the issue of entities being in prefab. Try removing them all and see if it helps (use the test version of the editor so it removes any out of bounds ents)

Cheers,

Hal

my recomendation is take out all prefabs that are issues, because i now have to figure out which of these doesnt work cause iv been using ur prefabs pack in the mod but i stopped i think in 8 or 9 because it caused alot of errors, thought id try again, but still same issue. So do you have a list of prefabs with this known issue ?

my recomendation is take out all prefabs that are issues, because i now have to figure out which of these doesnt work cause iv been using ur prefabs pack in the mod but i stopped i think in 8 or 9 because it caused alot of errors, thought id try again, but still same issue. So do you have a list of prefabs with this known issue ?

Only issue i have had was once I got a red scrolling wall of text in the console. I exited out and went back in and everything was fine and dandy again other then that 1 time I have not had any issues with pack 10. My cities are large all my city blocks are full of prefabs.

alright well im done trying man, sorry when you got something thats gonna work.. post and ill download. i wish it would work thoe!

Maybe it could be your mod that is interferring with pack maybe pack and your mod dont work so good together. I not having a go at you just saying mags has stated if you run any mod then he cant assist. But it could be the pack to but i am sure mags will release another pack soon

Funny, I posted about this weeks ago and was basically ignored except for DieTilDay7. I used his fixed pack of the prefabs and still do. Havent had those issues since.

I even posted detailed logs of that very same error you see a few posts back but was told it was my machine, which is a ridiculous claim as my machine is quite newer and up to date.

This even happened on Vanilla. Fresh install. Nice to see that it was not only me that was experiencing this.

And this is not a knock or attack on anyone associated with this pack. It is a great pack but when someone tells me they had to manually fix rotations, then maybe some more error testing needs to be done before releasing this and breaking peoples saves.

exactly, my servers saves was destroyed from this pack, because of errors. Its not my mod, i even tried one at a time some work some dont. one of the Asian buildings has null blocks as well.

can you let us know which one? I just checked all of the asian buildings in the editor in a fresh install with just the pack added and none of them have custom blocks, so its a vanilla block that is causing the issue. My guess is some stairs that have issues with rotations is causing the problem.

Kinda weird that only some people get the problem though :/ makes it real hard to bug fix when it does that.

Well, I tried for over an hour to get an error with the pack and nothing. (seed: compo) I visited every custom hub and also a few of the random hubs.

When you get these errors does it always happen in the same place with the same seed or is it random?

I'll have a play with minigolf and moes next to see if I can get it to error with various rotations

OK - I have special-checked these 3 Prefabs.

I spawned them all 3 together 4 times - every time with another rotation (0,1,2,3)

I can't find no errors. All 3 working perfectly.

I also had not a single redmessage with COMPOPACK10 - and did about 50 seeds from release till today !!!

must be ur installations guys !!! (Iam sure u have got other mods installed too ?!!)

btw:

To stop the discussion on the wrong-rotated blocks I have checked and repaired now ALL custom-Prefabs.

repaired misrotated blocks in following Prefabs:

-xcostum_Area51(by_Stallionsden)a12_v1

-xcostum_Asia_Dojo(by_RedLotus)a12_v1

-xcostum_ShoppingCenter_Galleria(by_Laz_Man)a12_v1

-xcostum_SlumsA(by_pikero)a12_v1

Just these 4 had unallowed blocks - all other Prefabs are OK !!!

As u read earlier I have also done another few bugfixes (complety list will be in the upcomming releasenotes).

At this point I can say: The Prefabs from the COMPOPACK are now totally checked, fixed and well working.

The big question is: When is Release ?????

Well - Iam not sure !!! Iam waiting for the last Prefabs-Hub from Stallionsden/StompyNZ. Its a whole big city - really nicelooking.

I promised to wait for that with release !!! I hope they get it finished today or tommorrow.

I really wanna release soon guys - Iam burning like a torch !!! Because everything else is fixed,working and tested.

will give more infos when I get ones

Mag

I'll do more research ; I commented out every prefab rule and prefab in the center hub until I narrowed it down to those 3. I was letting the rwgmixer generate them and each time I left one un-commented I would get an error when I began exploring the city.

I must be missing a variable so I will look more closely.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we all need a release

Edited by h0tr0d (see edit history)

I'll do a video; I commented out every prefab_rule except city blocks, launched game.

Un-commented out another prefab_rule, launched game. Rinse repeat.

I narrowed it down to the unique building prefab rule and commented out all except one until I got to the 3 mentioned.

I did not use the provided rwgmixer.xml so it may be a compatibility issue although I don't know how or where yet.

On a side note I received one of those Publisher's Clearing House scratchers and scratched off 3 jokers for the 40k prize...there was NO fine print saying it made me eligible to join a pool of winners... it said I won 40k! I call shenanigans!

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we've been robbed!

The big question is: When is Release ?????

Well - Iam not sure !!! Iam waiting for the last Prefabs-Hub from Stallionsden/StompyNZ. Its a whole big city - really nicelooking.

I promised to wait for that with release !!! I hope they get it finished today or tommorrow.

I've just got a couple little bits to add then it's ready for the v1 release :)

It's um... big tho. 58 different prefabs and over 200 lines in the hub layout >.>

Keep in mind this is just the version 1 and there will be a lot of updates to it in a13 :) It has some issues atm but nothing error generating so I'll fix them later

wow - 58 Prefabs - LOL

did u hear that guys - we get a whole new little COMPOPACK for the big COMPOPACK :)

I hope the mixer doesn't explode then - LOL

btw:

There will be also 4 brandnew nicelooking Prefabs. Credits to Spider !!!

OK - when StompyNZ send it to me - i quickckeck it ,add it to the mixer - just a testspawn - and then PACK-release !!!

till then

Mag

alright well, im just gonna have to make my own pack, Yeah trying to add this into my mod, but its fine i'll just make one so my mod can use some of these prefabs

Dude Mags isnt even on his puter atm.

Have you tried running the pack without your mod. to see if it is a conflict of mod vs the pack.

Have you done everything listed a few pages back that mags wrote.

Maybe try those and then hopefully some one can narrow down the issue your having.

(BTW: you may have already tried the pack by itself i am unaware. But I run your mod and the pack and I have 0 issues. allbeit I am running your prior version of days to die) Maybe it could be your graphics card needs updating could be a number of things none of which I have noticed you state you have tried.

There are great modders on here you being one of em with your mod and help etc I am sure working together will solve the issue or maybe A13 will solve the issue.

Maybe it could be your graphics card needs updating could be a number of things none of which I have noticed you state you have tried.

That's pretty much what I'm starting to think given the problem only happens for some people. Could be somehow related to graphics card/drivers or DX version.

Could the people with problems list their hardware (GPU, Mem, OS, driver versions, DX version and .net version) so we can see if there is a common factor that might be causing it?

• Roland locked this topic