Magoli

Compo-Pack for Random Gen

I know you've mentioned this before, Mag, but what's the largest non-specialty hub POI size?

I have several large skyscrapers, one is somewhere in the 50x70 range, and the other is 55 x 55, but I have maybe a dozen skyscrapers and, of course, the stadium in various levels of production.

I know you've mentioned this before, Mag, but what's the largest non-specialty hub POI size?

I have several large skyscrapers, one is somewhere in the 50x70 range, and the other is 55 x 55, but I have maybe a dozen skyscrapers and, of course, the stadium in various levels of production.

Hey lowf, I'd recommend you creating a custom hub layout for your prefabs. 45x45 is the limit for the standard wastelandhubs, so none of your prefabs will fit in those.

Hey lowf, I'd recommend you creating a custom hub layout for your prefabs. 45x45 is the limit for the standard wastelandhubs, so none of your prefabs will fit in those.

If you need help with this I would be more than happy to help.

yes its like Laz said - costum-hub is the future !!! :)

...and the only way to spawn big POI's directly on a wished place.

U can also set the streets how u like them to be :)

thx Laz :)

Mag

Hey,

i have problem with that pack here...

sometimes i cant connect to my Server.. He Stops if i Connect to the server at game started..

Hey,

i have problem with that pack here...

sometimes i cant connect to my Server.. He Stops if i Connect to the server at game started..

U gave us not that much much of information. Sometimes ???

Do u mean my PACK is working just sometimes - LOL ???

OK - seriously: Have U read THIS

Mostly the problem is gone after a straight clean reinstall !!!

Mag

Its a new windows server 2012 r2, New version of dedicated server. Vanilla.

Yes Sometimes.. me and two friends try to connect yesterday 20-30 Times and yes of 30 connects was 10-15 failed..

yes its like Laz said - costum-hub is the future !!! :)

...and the only way to spawn big POI's directly on a wished place.

U can also set the streets how u like them to be :)

thx Laz :)

Mag

Yeah, what I mean is... would you guys potentially be interested in my stadium for your Combo Pack? Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on it, depending on how much time I get this weekend, it could be ready for prime time shortly. It is a monster of a POI, though. It has everything from a warehouse to a security office, around a dozen bathrooms, a locker room, snack bars, radio booths, a television studio, sky boxes, a restaurant, a sports bar... (it's kind of big)

Hey Mag,

1. WAHNSINN! so geil! Aber bei solch Riesenprojekten...

2. I got some "problems" too:

A. sometimes 7dtd shuts down immediately, at the START of loading/generating the Map - without printing some valueable error report... :-(

B. LIGHTS. For example the Hospital cuts my FPS from standard 60 to way below 15 - with zeds disabled!

C. Rotation. A few Prefabs still have rotation problems (stairs, Windows, f.e. that huge ShoppingCenterMall)... not a prio problem, but I want to note that for you...

Nichtsdestotrotz... GEILES ZEUGS! ;-)

PS: Das einzige was ich gemacht habe, ist bei ein paar Prefabs EINEN Container (z.B. Leiche) mit einem identisch ausschauenen auszutauschen, der aber einen anderen Loot ergibt -> Questbezogen...

habs aber wie gewünscht umbenamst...

Yeah, what I mean is... would you guys potentially be interested in my stadium for your Combo Pack? Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on it, depending on how much time I get this weekend, it could be ready for prime time shortly. It is a monster of a POI, though. It has everything from a warehouse to a security office, around a dozen bathrooms, a locker room, snack bars, radio booths, a television studio, sky boxes, a restaurant, a sports bar... (it's kind of big)

Yes for sure! How big is the foot print?

Yes for sure! How big is the foot print?

Rather, I am pretty sure Mag would be okay with it :p

if its as big as it sounds you will probably need to break it into pieces and use a custom hub to place to fragments. Big prefabs get issues with parts missing and of course the uneven terrain issue if you don't have roads around it

@LowfDog: yo - hey - OFC I always search for new Prefabs to add them to the COMPOPACK.

Would be awesome if u would spend it to us. No matter which size - we will get it in :)

And we are happy of every new Prefab we can get.

@thomtree: yo - i have talked to Hal9000 because of this problem. IMO it belongs to some ghost-entities that are still in some Prefabs.

This happens when layers are deleted and entities were in it !!! Hal has made a fix-function for this. Will be released after a13 i guess.

It could be also another problem that belongs to the switch from a11 to a12 with the entities.

Hal talked about a conflict with entityversions !!! (Dont know what this means - lol) But we(he) work on that.

Like always: its difficult when we dont get detailed informations. But we know our devs already.

@Rucky:

Yes the hospital-lights are buggy. Thx for the Info ! Will fix it - when a13 doesnt do it !!!

Yes the rotation-problem still exists !!! I hope with the big rotation-revelation in a13 this problem is also gone then !!!

Common Information:

Sry guys - but I can't give guarantee or useful support when:

- the mixer is modified

- the Prefabs are modified (no matter .tts or .xml)

- u run other mods too (this is the most case - y the game dont work fine after mod-install)

- u dont followed the install-instructions (and recomments) in detail

- u run the game on outdated/exotic machines (PC and Server)

If u followed this points - but still have Issues with the pack - then pls report them here in detail. And I will take care of !!!

Mag

Edited by Magoli (see edit history)

hey folks

I don't wanted to release another COMPOPACK before A13 !!!

But I guess there will be one soon.

There are some bugfixes and news around the Pack - and I wanna have a clean Switch to A13 !!!

Here is what I have done so far:

- removed now all entity-cars from the custom-prefabs (they will be added again in A13 !!!)

- bugfix: removed all unvisible entities (ghosts) from all Prefabs !!! (IMO this was y the game sometimes crashed !!!)

- new prefab: POLARSTATION(by_magoli)

- old prefab repaired: Prison (by_Limodur)

- bugfix: turned off all lights and exchanged glassShower with glassbuisnessblock in xcostum_Hospital(by_Limodur) - it drops the fpsrate nomore down now :)

- I help Hal with a prefabs-converter from a12 to a13 !!! (he codes it - I deliver the block-change-table)

OK - Iam in testing-phase rightnow. Release will be in the next days :)

stay tuned

Mag

hey folks

I don't wanted to release another COMPOPACK before A13 !!!

But I guess there will be one soon.

There are some bugfixes and news around the Pack - and I wanna have a clean Switch to A13 !!!

Here is what I have done so far:

- removed now all entity-cars from the custom-prefabs (they will be added again in A13 !!!)

- bugfix: removed all unvisible entities (ghosts) from all Prefabs !!! (IMO this was y the game sometimes crashed !!!)

- new prefab: POLARSTATION(by_magoli)

- old prefab repaired: Prison (by_Limodur)

- bugfix: turned off all lights and exchanged glassShower with glassbuisnessblock in xcostum_Hospital(by_Limodur) - it drops the fpsrate nomore down now :)

- I help Hal with a prefabs-converter from a12 to a13 !!! (he codes it - I deliver the block-change-table)

OK - Iam in testing-phase rightnow. Release will be in the next days :)

stay tuned

Mag

Awesome Mag! I see your already making preparations when car entities will go *POOF* in A13. Sounds like Hal was able to get the A13 block ids from the devs? If so, good news to hear a converter is in the works. :) You guys rock!

Cant say that. Sorry.

I dont know if a converter is in work. But there will be one in A13. I hope A13 comes before nov10th (Fallout4) -

else we can surly wait for it !!!

And yes - since PACK10 i have started to exchange the entitycars with placeholders (streetsigns).

When cars will be blocks in a13 - then I change them back to the prefabs.

HERE is the log-file of the entity-removal.

goodnight

Mag

I recall reading at some point that they were removing the hornet hives in A13. If so, my Little League baseball field has some under the bleachers and I remember seeing them in a handful of other prefabs in the compo pack.

I recall reading at some point that they were removing the hornet hives in A13. If so, my Little League baseball field has some under the bleachers and I remember seeing them in a handful of other prefabs in the compo pack.

yes - thats right - I read that too !!!

thats my plan about this:

hives will be exchanged with powerpolewoodtrunk in a13

thx for the info anyway

Mag

@LowfDog: yo - hey - OFC I always search for new Prefabs to add them to the COMPOPACK.

Would be awesome if u would spend it to us. No matter which size - we will get it in :)

And we are happy of every new Prefab we can get.

@thomtree: yo - i have talked to Hal9000 because of this problem. IMO it belongs to some ghost-entities that are still in some Prefabs.

This happens when layers are deleted and entities were in it !!! Hal has made a fix-function for this. Will be released after a13 i guess.

It could be also another problem that belongs to the switch from a11 to a12 with the entities.

Hal talked about a conflict with entityversions !!! (Dont know what this means - lol) But we(he) work on that.

Like always: its difficult when we dont get detailed informations. But we know our devs already.

@Rucky:

Yes the hospital-lights are buggy. Thx for the Info ! Will fix it - when a13 doesnt do it !!!

Yes the rotation-problem still exists !!! I hope with the big rotation-revelation in a13 this problem is also gone then !!!

Common Information:

Sry guys - but I can't give guarantee or useful support when:

- the mixer is modified

- the Prefabs are modified (no matter .tts or .xml)

- u run other mods too (this is the most case - y the game dont work fine after mod-install)

- u dont followed the install-instructions (and recomments) in detail

- u run the game on outdated/exotic machines (PC and Server)

If u followed this points - but still have Issues with the pack - then pls report them here in detail. And I will take care of !!!

Mag

Getting really close on finishing the Arena. I'm hoping to convert it this weekend. If there's time, I might upgrade it and 1.5 would have a huge parking lot, but it takes time to do a mass clear.

I put this building together as a pristine / not destroyed world, so you won't find things like piles of trash, dead bodies, etc. But if there's an interest, I could make a version where the building served as a field hospital and was partially boarded up before being abandoned.

Shoot me a private message if there's some specific place to send the file when It's ready, though, Mag.

yo - ok

I wait with release for weekend. There is another guy who want to get his Prefab finished at this weekend.

I dont want to give a deadline. We still have about 2 weeks time.

But before A13 I wanna release - to have a clear split of old and new !!!

When u got ur work finished Lowfdog - just make a new thread, or post it here, or send it PM to me - no matter - Its ur choice :)

Perhaps i create another-one too - meanwhile waiting of ur guys Prefabs :)

Mag

I'm having issues with the minigolf, moestavern, and pistolgunshop; they seem to give me a chunk generation error when I add them to my rwgmixer. I thought it was just the minigolf; apparently not.

Anyone else tinker with this?

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- Why was she called "Tinkerbell"?

I'm having issues with the minigolf, moestavern, and pistolgunshop; they seem to give me a chunk generation error when I add them to my rwgmixer. I thought it was just the minigolf; apparently not.

Anyone else tinker with this?

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- Why was she called "Tinkerbell"?

I will check this !!!

yes

im getting other error something with wasteland im thinking...

2015-11-01T02:37:52 1224.322 INF BiomeSpawnManager spawned zombiedog pos=(2109.5, 157.6, -700.5) id=283 CBD=BiomeId=12 XZ=2048/-752 ZombiesWasteland_Day: c=1/r=0 

2015-11-01T02:37:52 1224.467 INF Executing command 'le' by Telnet from 67.205.111.132:53449

2015-11-01T02:37:54 1226.328 INF BiomeSpawnManager spawned burntzombie pos=(2103.5, 162.0, -739.5) id=284 CBD=BiomeId=12 XZ=2048/-752 ZombiesWasteland_Day: c=2/r=0 

2015-11-01T02:37:56 1228.317 ERR Exception in thread thread_GenerateChunks:

2015-11-01T02:37:56 1228.317 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at Prefab.RotateY (Boolean _bLeft) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RandomGenPrefabDecorator.DecorateChunk (.World _world, .Chunk _chunk, System.Random _random) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ChunkProviderGenerateWorld.thread_GenerateChunks (.ThreadInfo _threadInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ThreadManager.W (System.Object ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
ThreadManager:W(Object)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2015-11-01T02:37:56 1228.325 INF Exited thread thread_GenerateChunks

i dont get any other error... just this then the world stops loading and no one can join!

yes

im getting other error something with wasteland im thinking...

2015-11-01T02:37:52 1224.322 INF BiomeSpawnManager spawned zombiedog pos=(2109.5, 157.6, -700.5) id=283 CBD=BiomeId=12 XZ=2048/-752 ZombiesWasteland_Day: c=1/r=0 

2015-11-01T02:37:52 1224.467 INF Executing command 'le' by Telnet from 67.205.111.132:53449

2015-11-01T02:37:54 1226.328 INF BiomeSpawnManager spawned burntzombie pos=(2103.5, 162.0, -739.5) id=284 CBD=BiomeId=12 XZ=2048/-752 ZombiesWasteland_Day: c=2/r=0

2015-11-01T02:37:56 1228.317 ERR Exception in thread thread_GenerateChunks:

2015-11-01T02:37:56 1228.317 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Prefab.RotateY (Boolean _bLeft) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RandomGenPrefabDecorator.DecorateChunk (.World _world, .Chunk _chunk, System.Random _random) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

puh - it seems it is the rotating-Issue that steps forward again.

It is very difficult to keep the Prefabs fine and their blocks well rotated - when the devs makes undocumented changes.

I know about 2 cases: In alpha 12.1 was an update that brought a new texture to "tubehalfmetalnodistort01" - but with a totally different

block-rotating-table. This means: how the block rotates with every click.

This block-rotating-table should be the same for all blocks from same group (stairs,wedges,corners,etc...)

But at this point it is definetly NOT. Even worst:

Since A12 the Prefabbers are able to rotate blocks - so they get a invalid/unallowed rotation - when the whole Prefab rotates.

This is a very problematic issue - because almost every block has a different rotation-table right now. Even the same groups.

The editor can detect this Issue !!!

But there is another new Issue on top of this:

Some stairs and/or wedges nomore able to rotate in the wished position since a12 - because some positions are simply not there anymore.

It belongs at least to cobblestonewedge,cobblestonestairs,flagstonewege,flagstonestairs !!! <==NEW BUG !!!

Every block has also a number of maximum rotations before it starts from beginning.

This could be 2(fridgetop) - 4(cabinet) - 8 - 10 - ... - uptomax 16 !!!

But for some reason some blocks have now more steps then allowed!.

Some positions are double-in-use. Some positions are MISSING COMPLETLY !!!

The editor can detect those disrotaed blocks. And I can rotate them to good.

But it makes no sense - when every block follows another rotation-rule when the whole prefab is just rotated 90,180 or 270 degrees.

Some stairs turn right - other stairs turn left - other stairs turn to a rotation-value that is not excistable.

And this is the reason for the redmessages in the console !!!

TFP promised to fix this Issue in A13 !!! And standardize ALL the rotions inbetween one block-shape-group.

I hope I could explain the situation now - and how my hands are bondaged with this.

Mag

Edited by Magoli (see edit history)