Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

I don't think you do. I have the prefab pack running and ive never used sd2dx.

BTW, has anybody noticed really crappy spawning of zombies in cities?

By this I mean there are almost NO zombies being spawned in my cities... is this because you created a new "wastycity" and there is no corresponding xml code for it?

That's not a pack issue, happens in vanilla as well if the server is lagging or the max spawn limit has been reached.

That's not a pack issue, happens in vanilla as well if the server is lagging or the max spawn limit has been reached.

Well, I can be on my server with nobody else on and in the heart of a large city. I will maybe have a dog or 2 and a crawler but thats it. and my settings are at max zombies 100 and I use my le command to see nothing but at max 5 zombies spawned anywhere. As far as the lag, not a chance either. I have 2 separate sources for monitoring it and neither show a falter.

Lag isn't the only issue with spawning. There are some problems with it not always working properly but its hard to pin down why exactly.

As you move around the city you should be getting all the prefab spawners triggering but many times even as the only one on a server it doesn't.

There is also the respawndelay attribute, but then that is set to 0 for city so shouldn't be the problem there.

I don't think you do. I have the prefab pack running and ive never used sd2dx.

BTW, has anybody noticed really crappy spawning of zombies in cities?

By this I mean there are almost NO zombies being spawned in my cities... is this because you created a new "wastycity" and there is no corresponding xml code for it?

You could look at the prefab .xmls for spawn groups; as far as I know, hubs and cells don't have spawns set to them specifically.

What is your serverconfig.xml say?

Spawning and entitygroups.xml?

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- what you say?

You could look at the prefab .xmls for spawn groups; as far as I know, hubs and cells don't have spawns set to them specifically.

What is your serverconfig.xml say?

Spawning and entitygroups.xml?

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- what you say?

There is both a biome spawner and the prefab group spawners, I'll check next time I'm in game but I would expect the city_wasteland biome spawner is used when in the city, otherwise you wouldn't get the cop spawns (ZombiesBoss group) as none of the prefab spawner groups have the cops in them.

F3 brings up the display which shows which biome you are in btw (if debug mode enabled)

hey folks

here is a detailed handling to get the pack running:

LOCAL PC:

The pack is not tested if it works well with other mods installed !!! As I recommend U should first delete all local files on ur PC (deinstall!).

Don't forget to manually delete all GAME-files that stayed in the GAMEFOLDER. Then install GAME new and fresh.

before u do any modding (after a fresh install):

START THE GAME AT LEAST A SINGLE TIME VANILLA !!! (to let the eac initialize the game purly !!!)

copy all the PACK-files to your specific gamefolder(s) (like its discribed in the install-instructions) !!!

(its just all the prefab-files and the rwgmixer.xml !)

Start game - choose NEW GAME random-world - READY !!!

DONT TRY TO LOAD-IN OLDER REGIONS OR SAVES !!! (from other game- or pack-versions)

DONT MESS AROUND WITH THE MIXER !!! (at least u saw the world one time without red messages)

SERVER:

Its the same points like on local PC - just do all points on serverside !

Make sure to install the actual server-patch-rev too (if ur server does not auto-update it).

this instruction here is the sure-fire-instruction. (Some points are not needed perhaps here or there)

If u follow these points - it will work !!!

TIP: make sure all drivers are uptodate (windows,gfxcard,steamclient,serverclientsoftware)

Mag

hey folks

here is a detailed handling to get the pack running:

LOCAL PC:

The pack is not tested if it works well with other mods installed !!! As I recommend U should first delete all local files on ur PC (deinstall!).

Don't forget to manually delete all GAME-files that stayed in the GAMEFOLDER. Then install GAME new and fresh.

before u do any modding (after a fresh install):

START THE GAME AT LEAST A SINGLE TIME VANILLA !!! (to let the eac initialize the game purly !!!)

copy all the PACK-files to your specific gamefolder(s) (like its discribed in the install-instructions) !!!

(its just all the prefab-files and the rwgmixer.xml !)

Start game - choose NEW GAME random-world - READY !!!

DONT TRY TO LOAD-IN OLDER REGIONS OR SAVES !!! (from other game- or pack-versions)

DONT MESS AROUND WITH THE MIXER !!! (at least u saw the world one time without red messages)

SERVER:

Its the same points like on local PC - just do all points on serverside !

Make sure to install the actual server-patch-rev too (if ur server does not auto-update it).

this instruction here is the sure-fire-instruction. (Some points are not needed perhaps here or there)

If u follow these points - it will work !!!

TIP: make sure all drivers are uptodate (windows,gfxcard,steamclient,serverclientsoftware)

Mag

First let me start off by saying I am not some new pc user. I have 15 years of PC experience under my belt, from building them to fixing them. I am new to modding this particular game. I have modded other pc games from WWE Raw to N64 and PS2 modding. I have worked with dds files before as well.

That being said, I did everything in your "step by step" for local pc. Fresh Install, started game, new save etc. I have done this at least FOUR times in the last week. My next step is to video record the entire process so you can see it. I have had your 7 and 8 packs installed before and NEVER ran into a problem. This pack though, i can not get it to run. I understand this may be unique to me. But it is not something I am doing wrong. There are no mods, no changes and no additions. I am running it fresh. Have a look at my error files. There are dozens of prefab errors in that output. Maybe it can help, i dont now. I am only reporting back to you what i can get.

I love your pack, you are quite talented and I appreciate your hard work. That is why i am trying to get it to work as hard as I am.

@JaxTeller718:

I checked ur output.log - could it be - there isn't enough memory available for the game ??

How much ram do u have ???

what OS do u use ??? - windows 10 ????

if u got 8gb or more - and w8.x installed - and all drivers are uptodate - then its have to be another thing !!!

But what ??????

a few ideas:

- try without eac enabled

- trash the downloaded pack - and do a new fresh download of the pack. Perhaps somehow the files are corrupted ?!

- when overwritting the files in the prefab-folder make sure to copy all files (1124) - and paste them into ur local game-prefabs-folder.

NOT simply exchange prefab-folders !!!! Copy just the files inside - and paste them in the excisting prefabs-folder.

when PC asks what he should do with excisting files - click overwrite.

For now i got no more ideas how I can help u more.

good luck

Mag

@JaxTeller718:

I checked ur output.log - could it be - there isn't enough memory available for the game ??

How much ram do u have ???

what OS do u use ??? - windows 10 ????

if u got 8gb or more - and w8.x installed - and all drivers are uptodate - then its have to be another thing !!!

But what ??????

a few ideas:

- try without eac enabled

- trash the downloaded pack - and do a new fresh download of the pack. Perhaps somehow the files are corrupted ?!

- when overwritting the files in the prefab-folder make sure to copy all files (1124) - and paste them into ur local game-prefabs-folder.

NOT simply exchange prefab-folders !!!! Copy just the files inside - and paste them in the excisting prefabs-folder.

when PC asks what he should do with excisting files - click overwrite.

For now i got no more ideas how I can help u more.

good luck

Mag

8 gb of ram on windows 7 64 bit

I played on valmods server for about an half hour and didnt see an issue. i also didnt go to a city but there were no errors where i was at.

i will do a new download and fresh install and will let you know how it goes. thank you for the help. really want to play with this.

I don't know what exactly the issue could be. But i can tell you for 100% certainty the steps Magoli has laid out are dead on. I have had his pack running on my local machine and my BF server since pack 5. No issues whatsoever in this pack for me. The lag is rough at times, but that's expected with the size of the buildings in the pack and the enormous cities.

I will say this, when he switched the prefabs names over to his naming system it screwed me up for awhile because when i chose overwrite it missed a lot of the new names and caused errors all over the place. But that was my own pc's doings and not really his fault.

I don't know what exactly the issue could be. But i can tell you for 100% certainty the steps Magoli has laid out are dead on. I have had his pack running on my local machine and my BF server since pack 5. No issues whatsoever in this pack for me. The lag is rough at times, but that's expected with the size of the buildings in the pack and the enormous cities.

I will say this, when he switched the prefabs names over to his naming system it screwed me up for awhile because when i chose overwrite it missed a lot of the new names and caused errors all over the place. But that was my own pc's doings and not really his fault.

how did you do the overwrite then, did you just replace the vanilla prefab folder and overwrite or did you delete the vanilla prefab folder and cut the new one in.

Don't copy the whole folder !!! JUST COPY THE FILES INSIDE !!!

just select all files inside the prefabfolder of the downloadpack (ctrl+a) and then copy this selection to clipboard (crtl+c) !!!

Then change location to ur local installed prefabs-folder - and paste the selection from clipboard in (crtl+v).

The Compopack is an extension and needs all the original Vanilla-files in (Because I dont sorted out which are really used in my Pack - and which are just have to be there (for Nave!!!)

I hope this helped now finally

Mag

im not sure what im doing wrong the directions seemed simple but I cant get the game to start.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534209663

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11213[/ATTACH]

if someone could help me or at least link me to the info on what im doing wrong I would appreciate it.

nm i got it to work. I feel silly about wasting two days just because I did not put the prefab in right but live and learn.

how did you do the overwrite then, did you just replace the vanilla prefab folder and overwrite or did you delete the vanilla prefab folder and cut the new one in.

I just drag his prefab folder into my config folder and choose "overwrite all" when it asks. After pack 8, i did erase the old prefab folder and install a new fresh vanilla prefab folder, then dragged his pack 9 back into my config and overwrote again.

hey guys

I have repaired and cutted the very amazing SLUMS from PIKERO !!!

It is the most beautyful apocalypse-prefab of all !!!!

But its also the biggest prefab i had to handle with (151 by 262 ) !!!

It spawns fully - and without any lagging in NAVA !!!

For RWG I tried to let it appear in a own hub. But the prefab only appears to about 90% !!!

The south-end is always just cutoff and missing:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11229[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11230[/ATTACH]

I have tried to make the hub bigger by setting the streets more out - but no succes.

I have tried to change the value for the cellmemory from 16 to 24 and 32 - No success

Then I have removed 8 complete layers from the top - No success

I dont know what I can do more to let it appear 100% fully ?!?!?!

Perhaps one of u guys have a solution for this.

Perhaps its fixed automaticly in A13.

Perhaps it never will work with such big prefabs !?!?!

THIS is the downloadfile.

And this is the hublayout iam using:

<hub_layout name="Slumtesthub">

<township_type value="town"/>

<street start_point="-83,-131" end_point="83,-131" path_material="asphalt" path_radius="7"/> <!-- start s -->

<street start_point="-79,-125" end_point="-79,132" path_material="asphalt" path_radius="2"/> <!-- w -->

<street start_point="76,-125" end_point="76,132" path_material="asphalt" path_radius="2"/> <!-- e -->

<street start_point="-83,141" end_point="83,141" path_material="asphalt" path_radius="7"/> <!-- n -->

<lot min_x_y="-76, -115" prefab="xcostum_SlumsA(by_pikero)a12_v1" rotation_to_road="0" />

</hub_layout>

Its not the first time I have trouble with bigPrefabs - hubs - and halfappearing Prefabs !!!!

I had this experience also with the Asiahub: The AsianApartmenthouse have this half-appering-Issue sometimes.

And also the Hospital from Limodur ALWAYS appears cutoff at the same position in his hub every time !!!!

It must be a memory or chunk-problem. Because in NAVA it appears 100% fine as I said !!!

Mag

Hey mag, have a read though on this one: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?33134-NFL-Stadium

Stallionden had a similar issue with the stadium and I cut it up into pieces for him and it was fine after that

There seems to be two bugs, one is really big prefabs get some weird clipping of the corners and edges, and rotations of non square prefabs to face 1 or 3 cause edges to get cut. (just when using custom hubs layouts)

Hey mag, have a read though on this one: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?33134-NFL-Stadium

Stallionden had a similar issue with the stadium and I cut it up into pieces for him and it was fine after that

There seems to be two bugs, one is really big prefabs get some weird clipping of the corners and edges, and rotations of non square prefabs to face 1 or 3 cause edges to get cut. (just when using custom hubs layouts)

thx StompyNZ

will give that a try.

Not sure if you've seen this post by Madmole Magoli:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?29708-Developer-Diary-Alpha-13&p=325000&viewfull=1#post325000

And if any build needed a wipe its this one. I have reorganized and refactored blocks so much modders will pull their hair out trying to port their mods.

Playing vanilla will be jarring after playing with your awesome POI pack for so many months. I've already let players on the server know whenever you get your pack updated for A13, there will be a wipe and map reset. Because... it's awesome. :)

Huge props to you and all the POI contributors. :D

The only thing I can think of that would make problems is the "reorganized blocks". If he's changed block ids I can see that being an issue. I'm a bit skeptical he did though since anything that breaks this prefab pack is likely to break Nazegane too - unless it gets updated.

Though I don't mod prefabs so I'm probably way off on this. :p

The only thing I can think of that would make problems is the "reorganized blocks". If he's changed block ids I can see that being an issue. I'm a bit skeptical he did though since anything that breaks this prefab pack is likely to break Nazegane too - unless it gets updated.

Though I don't mod prefabs so I'm probably way off on this. :p

I just hope we get another converter should a lot of block ids change.

hey guys

everything is under control !!! :)

It is true !!! It will be the biggest block-ID-change that we ever saw !!!

But if all the Issues with the blocks will be gone then - I say YES - YES - YES !!!

There will be a COMPOPACK for A13 !!!

I have made already a detailed plan what to do when A13 drops !!!

btw:

I have made the SLUMS-HUB from PIKERO WORKING - THX StompyNZ :drum: !!!

ITS THE BEST PREFAB I EVER SAW - REALLY !!!

A PURE ADVENTURE IN ANOTHER WORLD !!!

Thank u very much PIKERO for this wonderful Prefab !!!

(TFP should pay u for this ;) )

I will now repair the Hospital-hub - and take care of the redmessages that appear in some seeds in console sometimes !!!

perhaps one of the new prefab's has a problem !?!

stay aggresively tuned

Mag

hey guys

But if all the Issues with the blocks will be gone then - I say YES - YES - YES !!!

btw:

I will now repair the Hospital-hub - and take care of the redmessages that appear in some seeds in console sometimes !!!

stay aggresively tuned

Mag

GREAT news sir. Looking forward to a new pack. Im currently playing on 8 and staying tuned at my chance to play 9. Thank you for all the hard work. Hopefully A13, while being harder because of block changes,makes it easier and more stable for you.

hey guys

btw:

stay aggresively tuned

Mag

THATS what you said about my prefabs :-( lol you two timer haha :-P jokes lol yeh the slums is a nicely made and designed prefab. Keep up the great work Mag 7DTD not the same with out this.

LOL - Stalli - ur prefabs are still unique.

and this was before I saw the Slums - LOL

soon I take a watch on the Area51 - and try to deloot it somehow.

(I hope the building dont collapses after then - hahahaha:) )

btw:

Limodurs Hospital spawns now 100% perfectly and fully !!! :)

Iam about to add Lazman's NATIONALPARK now.

goodnightmare

Mag

Archived