Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

hey J4gz3ro:

Dont know if the prob-change do anything at all.

The Pack is in every Version just so buggy like the gameversion it is made for !!!

IMO Pack5 was the best before A12 !!!

After A12 its Pack8 that i recommend. No matter to the fps-problem. (Its known and localized, and I will recognize that in the next release)

Mag

ahoihoi dear victims(lol)

Finally I have checked out a question that screws me for long times.

How can I control the Rotations of Prefabs in Cities ???

I have a couple free days now and did today a serious testingwork on that.

The following is the testing-report on it.

testinstep 1:

I made a prefab (45X45) blocks. It just a concrete-plate with the directions written in big letters on it.

Its a Compass-Prefab.

testingstep 2:

modified the rwgmixer so only just this Kompass-Prefab spawns in cities.

testingstep 3:

started the game. This is what the city looked like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10992[/ATTACH]

As u see the worldgenerator follows a straight system. Its always the same pattern (when no rule is set for the rotation):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10993[/ATTACH]

sidenote:

Just to make sure its not the "RotaionToFaceNorth" - entry in the Prefab's own xml-files i started to play around with that.

In all testingsteps(1-3) the entries in xml was NOT changed !!!

This is the line i used from testingphase 1-3 :

<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="0" />

testingstep 4:

I removed the complete "RotationToFaceNorth" -line from the xml-file and started a new game:

Nothing happend !!!

testingstep 5:

I readded the complete "RotationToFaceNorth" -line to the xml-file again and changed the value from 0 to 1:

<property name="RotationToFaceNorth" value="1" />

... and started a new game. This is what it looked like now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10994[/ATTACH]

WOW - I GOT IT !!!

End of test !!!

And this is the result and answere for that Question:

THE ROTATIONS IN CITIES ARE CONTROLLED BY THE PREFAB'S OWN XML-FILES !!!!!

And it is controlled by this line:

The value can have numbers from 0-3 - = The 4 directions (North,East,West,South).

0 = no rotation (the prefab spawns how u see it in the editor) (= meant to be pointing to the North)

1 = 90 degrees rotated !!!CLOCKWISE!!! to point zero (= meant to be pointing to the East)

2 = 180 degrees rotated !!!CLOCKWISE!!! to point zero (= meant to be pointing to the South)

3 = 270 degrees rotated !!!CLOCKWISE!!! to point zero (= meant to be pointing to the West)

Now i try to use this knowledge to accomplish a better Rotation for the Prefabs in CITIES.

Goal is OFC to let them have their frontsides/mainentries sitting on the mainstreet !!!

Edited by Magoli (see edit history)

testinstep 1:

I made a prefab (45X45) blocks. It just a concrete-plate with the directions written in big letters on it.

Its a Compass-Prefab.

testingstep 2:

testingstep 3:

As u see the worldgenerator follows a straight system. Its always the same pattern (when no rule is set for the rotation):

sidenote:

Just to make sure its not the "RotaionToFaceNorth" - entry in the Prefab's own xml-files i started to play around with that.

testingstep 4:

I removed the complete "RotationToFaceNorth" -line from the xml-file and started a new game:

Nothing happend !!!

testingstep 5:

I readded the complete "RotationToFaceNorth" -line to the xml-file again and changed the value from 0 to 1:

WOW - I GOT IT !!!

End of test !!!

The value can have numbers from 0-3 - = The 4 directions (North,East,West,South).

0 = no rotation (the prefab spawns how u see it in the editor) (= meant to be pointing to the North)

1 = 90 degrees rotated !!!CLOCKWISE!!! to point zero (= meant to be pointing to the East)

2 = 180 degrees rotated !!!CLOCKWISE!!! to point zero (= meant to be pointing to the South)

3 = 270 degrees rotated !!!CLOCKWISE!!! to point zero (= meant to be pointing to the West)

Now i try to use this knowledge to accomplish a better Rotation for the Prefabs in CITIES.

Goal is OFC to let them have their frontsides/mainentries sitting on the mainstreet !!!

Hi mag, thanks for doing this test. Looking at your pictures. I noticed your compass prefab was facing a different direction for each of the four corners of the city block. Does this mean that regardless of what rotation you specify, there is a chance a prefab can face a direction you don't want? Depending which corner is spawns in?

testinstep 1:

Its a Compass-Prefab.

testingstep 2:

testingstep 3:

sidenote:

testingstep 4:

Nothing happend !!!

testingstep 5:

WOW - I GOT IT !!!

End of test !!!

That's good work and excellent researching.

That's how it should be done.

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- truth

Hi mag, thanks for doing this test. Looking at your pictures. I noticed your compass prefab was facing a different direction for each of the four corners of the city block. Does this mean that regardless of what rotation you specify, there is a chance a prefab can face a direction you don't want? Depending which corner is spawns in?

No !!!

Now that i know the corners directions -I be able to let all Prefabs face to the Mainstreet (where i drawed in the arrows)

The Arrows shows the 4 MAIN-default directions. These directions from the 4 corners r hardcoded and fixed !!!

My testing brought me 2 answeres to be honest.

1. The first is how the system works the game fills a hub in the case of Rotation !!!

2. How I be able to control the Rotations !!!

I just have to follow the default-rotaing-rules like in towns or rurals !!!

And the game will fill the hubs like so:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10997[/ATTACH]

Mag

Hey dear survivalists

Today I have started to directly work on the next Pack.

It will contain the brandnew Asiatown, some other new Prefabs, a few bugfixes (belonging to the performance)

and 2 big SPECIAL-SURPRISES !!!

No - The Polarstation is not one of them !!! (btw: nobody has posted a filled module for it back - VERY LAME !!! )

Mag out !!!

Hey I love this pack it's great for me and my buddies, but we've been playing for awhile and haven't found any caves since we put this pack in.. We only found caves in the areas generated prior to adding this pack. Is this a bug or are we just extremely unlucky?

I don't know it for sure. I read about some problems with caves in the devs blog (MM).

It was also mentioned in one of the A12 hotfix-releases.

And they talked about in the devs thread here on forums.

I don't know the result or state of this Cave-thingy.

All I can say is that I don't have changed the values for caves in the mixer !!!

I dont know if its my Pack, your unluck, or a Gamebug !

I will take care about that.

Thx for your feedback anyway. Iam happy u guys like my Pack :)

nice day

Mag

Gah, almost 24 hours in and I'm not even done with the foundation on the temple.

Here's a sample of what's coming.

2015-09-28_00003.thumb.jpg.80abb28b36d3ce5ebc1feea0265e92fa.jpg

I've still got to build the main temple, and then build out the hidden passages underneath.

The hardest thing is that I'm copying this out of a Minecraft build, and Minecraft doesn't use any kind of SI. So I'm having to re-work some of this drastically to keep it from collapsing.

It's basically like a mini village and could be fortified to be almost self-sustaining.

Gah, almost 24 hours in and I'm not even done with the foundation on the temple.

Here's a sample of what's coming.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11016[/ATTACH]

I've still got to build the main temple, and then build out the hidden passages underneath.

The hardest thing is that I'm copying this out of a Minecraft build, and Minecraft doesn't use any kind of SI. So I'm having to re-work some of this drastically to keep it from collapsing.

It's basically like a mini village and could be fortified to be almost self-sustaining.

WOW - looks awesome buddy :)

Looks like the forbitten town in china !!!

Perhaps I have to change my plans. And change the Asia-town to an Asia-Hub to get it in ??? We will see !!

@StompyNZ: I do it the same way as SylenThunder. I want to check the SI meanwhile building !!!

Most times Iam in Alpha11.4 when Iam building a complete new one.

Further i disable enemyspawning - and set the Block Durability to 25%

This is how I go.

Other times I start to built in editor - let it spawn - and the continue with the fine works ingame !!!

But most times its a mix and changing between the modes (editor/ingame) - that I do.

(to safe time I make 1 unit of something, and then copy the rest with the editor !!).

Packnews:

I have added the 1st big special-surprise to the pack ;)

Now iam about to add the 2nd big surprise. Iam almost finished with it.

After that I will add Asia-town (V1) to the Pack. And after that I will take care of the Rotations in the CommonCity.

(Seems to be work for 2-3 days)

rockon guys

Mag

Hey I love this pack it's great for me and my buddies, but we've been playing for awhile and haven't found any caves since we put this pack in.. We only found caves in the areas generated prior to adding this pack. Is this a bug or are we just extremely unlucky?

It sounds like bad luck. I've played a couple of maps now with this pack, and both of them had caves spawn. They do seem to be more rare than usual, but I'm not sure why or how the pack affects that. I'm also using a seed that I've usef without this pack, and the caves are distributed differently with the pack.

If you want some caves, try the seed name Gruncheon. There is a cave at 1015N 1075W (right next to a big house with forges in the basement), two caves at 1550N 1450W, and a small cluster of three caves at 1315N 1705W.

Actually there is a ability to set the value on caves in the Mixer for each cell-rule.

But as I said I have not changed these values.

And also didn't took care about caves before.

But I will try around a littlebit with the cave-values. Perhaps Iam able to increase them !?!

Its unbelieveable - but true:

The more the values,finetuning and Balancing is well - the better will be the whole world and the Townships (In quantity AND quality !!!)

Everything has to match together perfectly - else it will always spawn bad maps !!!

When i add new stuff - the old stuff has to be balanced again too - to match the new overall-situation.

Strange!

Magout

Actually there is a ability to set the value on caves in the Mixer for each cell-rule.

But as I said I have not changed these values.

And also didn't took care about caves before.

But I will try around a littlebit with the cave-values. Perhaps Iam able to increase them !?!

Its unbelieveable - but true:

The more the values,finetuning and Balancing is well - the better will be the whole world and the Townships (In quantity AND quality !!!)

Everything has to match together perfectly - else it will always spawn bad maps !!!

When i add new stuff - the old stuff has to be balanced again too - to match the new overall-situation.

Strange!

Magout

Is the number of caves determined separately from the number of prefabs, or will the game reduce the number of caves if the number of prefabs is increased? You're giving us more buildings - is the game compensating by reducing the number of caves?

Here's a map I played without this mod, and the same seed with the mod. I headed for that cluster of caves, and it was gone. The road layouts are the same, the buildings are in similar places (I even built my base in the same spot by fortifying a prefab), but the caves have changed.

dzh6iu.png

I'm going to dig around in that area to see if maybe the caves are still there, but hidden underground. But my caves are definitely generating differently, even if you didn't change anything about how they generate.

Caves are scarce enough as it is, and it looks like the game is generating less of them with this mod installed, so it wouldn't hurt to boost the number of caves.

Regardless, this mod is brilliant, and I'm loving the game again. It just opens up so many new possibilities, especially since I like to fortify prefabs instead of building a base from scratch.. Thank you.

Hi Referend:

thx for this detailed info. Iam shocked !!!!

Yes damn !!! Seems the caves are missing !!! But y ??????

I definetly will take care about the cavething.

I will try to get some actual knowledge of that and play a littlebit around with the values.

I want to have a good amount of caves in the pack too.

Anyway ty for the feedback

Its on my todolist now !!

Btw: yes - searching for caves in dm underground is much more efficient :)

Mag

Hi Referend:

I will try to get some actual knowledge of that and play a littlebit around with the values.

Mag

MM is changing ore spawn back to all so while it would be nice to have caves spawn at least we will be able to mine anywhere for ore in a13 :)

MM is changing ore spawn back to all so while it would be nice to have caves spawn at least we will be able to mine anywhere for ore in a13 :)

This absolutly my point too !!!

No worries - I guess I get the cave-amount increased !!!

btw:

almost finished the 2nd big surprise for Pack9 !!! :)

I will begin today with Asiatown !!!

mag

Hi Referend:

Mag

I can confirm caves spawn in your pack. I've come across 2 of them.

I've plenty of caves. My southern base has 5 in close vicinity. One is usually enough for resources for a while. RWG spawn is "Did someone say zombie".

I also had the same caves before adding the pack as I did after. Or at least the caves close to my base were the same both on Vanilla and with the pack. It's odd that the one was replaced with a clay patch.

• Roland locked this topic