Compo-Pack for Random Gen

@dragonslayer770:

all is done in the mixer:

its simple: when u double the city-size - u have to double the prefabs-amount (just double the maxlimit-value!)

@argeos:

iam sure u mean the one in the MAGTEN - Cellar in the Storageroom.

It is nothing !!! LOL

No - seriously: Its just used by me for decoration-purposes !!!

In earlier Gameversions there was a function. But no more today !!!

funny and curious to me:

All your questions was suposed to be answered in my very informative Info-Thread i have started not soon ago.

As i said i had just started the writing of the Knowledgebase. The Infos i gave there was about 1/8 of the Knowledge I wanted to share.

But as a few guys dont followed my simple wishes - and tried to playing tricks on me - I decided to remove all the informations from it !!!

to the Pack:

I will deliver the unlit-version when iam able to convert the metas.

Hal has made some bugfixes on the Magoli-function. I will check that soon. Hopefully it will work now.

to the Alpha13-Trailer:

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW - very big changes awaits us again - Iam very interrested in the new Blocks (Worklight and Steeldoors/Hatches) - I hope they will get new ID's. But i didn't saw the new water. Perhaps it was not finished for video.

Now u can Loot and/or harvest almost everything. I ask myself what impact to the Prefabs Lootcontainers it will have ????

Magout

I was very impressed with that trailer.

BUT

I have JUST started learning how to mod and realizing that everything I have added or worked on is going to be useless when a13 hits makes me very sad. Lots of hours put in and I am going to have to start over. Im sure you guys are used to all of that by now though.

heres a preview video of Slaans rather amazing RWG rail system (It's currently a work in progress)

[video=youtube;Nm5bLm_-Uuw]

Hopefully once this is ready for a release it will make it into the compo pack for all to use :D

Absolutely amazing work! And all dynamic regen? Wow!

Magoli, on the fps issues I have found that while lights are likely a larger source of the lag, they are not the only one. I have been thinking lately that buildings with a lot of glass seemed more laggy than others and had starting breaking it when possible. Today standing outside a bank I had just looted and broken most (not all though) of the glass it occurred to me that while I'm sitting there with 15-20fps and a building still half full of shower glass blocks it would be a good time to test. I had already broken a lot, but there were still quite a few windows and skylights left. As a quick test I exited out, edited the blocks.xml to comment out the block definition for glassShower, and pasted in the block definition of WindowPlug (I know should have used a square block but it was just a test) changing the id to 280. Loaded my game and in the same spot I now was getting from 40 to 70 fps as I looked around from that spot. Before the change it barely went over 20 from the same spot.

Magoli, on the fps issues I have found that while lights are likely a larger source of the lag, they are not the only one. I have been thinking lately that buildings with a lot of glass seemed more laggy than others and had starting breaking it when possible. Today standing outside a bank I had just looted and broken most (not all though) of the glass it occurred to me that while I'm sitting there with 15-20fps and a building still half full of shower glass blocks it would be a good time to test. I had already broken a lot, but there were still quite a few windows and skylights left. As a quick test I exited out, edited the blocks.xml to comment out the block definition for glassShower, and pasted in the block definition of WindowPlug (I know should have used a square block but it was just a test) changing the id to 280. Loaded my game and in the same spot I now was getting from 40 to 70 fps as I looked around from that spot. Before the change it barely went over 20 from the same spot.

thx for the info. I really believe ur words.

But allthrough i still see the whole "performance-lagging with some Blocks"-thing as a BUG THAT JUST MUST BE FIXED.

And iam sure the performance will get better and better with each Alpha.

Anyway:

The glass-shower is right now in many cases just a placeholder for a betterlooking clear glass-block.

I hope for vanilla secure-safty-glass, tanned glass and Glassdoors in future.

Magout

None of the supply crates in any of the prefabs have anything in them. Like the boxes that have the hammer on the side and are labeled as building supplies when you hover over them and the boxes with the medical cross on them have nothing in them. Just went through several prefabs, one had almost 10 supply crates in it as well as about 4 or 5 storage chests, all empty. What would cause this?

thx for the info. I really believe ur words.

But allthrough i still see the whole "performance-lagging with some Blocks"-thing as a BUG THAT JUST MUST BE FIXED.

And iam sure the performance will get better and better with each Alpha.

Anyway:

The glass-shower is right now in many cases just a placeholder for a betterlooking clear glass-block.

I hope for vanilla secure-safty-glass, tanned glass and Glassdoors in future.

Magout

Maybe glassBusinessBlock would be a better placeholder block for now. It's not totally clear as there is some texture to it, but it is transparent and performs a lot better. At least for me I have now replaced all glass blocks that don't have window frames with glassBusinessBlock and there are still slowdowns around a lot of lights but in many areas my fps doubled from what it was, without breaking the glass or removing the lights. Of course this may only apply for those of us with fairly low end systems. I am only running on a r7-260x video card, more than a little dated and was a budget card to start with.

- - - Updated - - -

None of the supply crates in any of the prefabs have anything in them. Like the boxes that have the hammer on the side and are labeled as building supplies when you hover over them and the boxes with the medical cross on them have nothing in them. Just went through several prefabs, one had almost 10 supply crates in it as well as about 4 or 5 storage chests, all empty. What would cause this?

Those were used as decoration to not have empty prefabs, without filling them with excessive amounts of loot. They aren't supposed to spawn loot as they are player crafted boxes.

@b0rgerking:

yes - u right: glassBusinessBlock might be a better placeholder for glass-showers.

I also saw that in A12 the glassBuisnessBlock is way more transparent as it was in A11 !!!

This is a real cause for me to follow your tip - I will replace all the showers with buisnessglass in the next release.

(except the performance will be alright in A13 !!! Then I see no reason anymore for a exchange.)

Anyway: this is noted on my to-do-list for Pack9 !!!

Thank you very much for your effort and the testing u did against this bad Issue.

@HybridFury:

Its excactly like b0rgerking said.

Seriously: They are NO LOOT-CONTAINERS !!! They are just common CONTAINERS !!!

Magout

Those kind of containers are not coded to generate any loot. Otherwise, your own similar containers will also start to generate random stuff, no?

This is on our test server so you will be ok ;)

You could a had him sweating a little bit longer lolz.

- - - Updated - - -

@b0rgerking:

yes - u right: glassBusinessBlock might be a better placeholder for glass-showers.

I also saw that in A12 the glassBuisnessBlock is way more transparent as it was in A11 !!!

This is a real cause for me to follow your tip - I will replace all the showers with buisnessglass in the next release.

(except the performance will be alright in A13 !!! Then I see no reason anymore for a exchange.)

Anyway: this is noted on my to-do-list for Pack9 !!!

Thank you very much for your effort and the testing u did against this bad Issue.

@HybridFury:

Its excactly like b0rgerking said.

Seriously: They are NO LOOT-CONTAINERS !!! They are just common CONTAINERS !!!

Magout

I have only ever used businessglassblock since they got into the game. They look more authentic to me as well.

This is on our test server so you will be ok ;)

My words on your site:

Absolutely incredible! I want! Didn’t see anything I don’t like. Had no performance issues. My own personal preference is less fog, but that’s just me. Having Zombies trying to eat my face is depressing enough, lol! I could play this map without any zombies and just explore, kind of a last man on earth thing, and it would take days and days to hit up the buildings just in the main hub. And the train wreckage is incredible. I still need to go back to visit the sewers and the prison, but time wasn’t on my side today. Thanks for all the hard work put into this, 13 can’t come soon enough!

Hey Magoli, if ya get bored and want to check out something odd... Start a game with the seed DetentionoftheDe and fly on over to 2502 N, 1408 W. Started a new game and on day 8 I stumbled on a massive hub type city there. And half of it is shamways. LOL

210891612_ShamwayOverload.jpg.037aa3296a24b7a213144a87faa994f9.jpg Starred the ones I've exposed so far. Had to book it back to base as it was getting dark. Just found it funny and thought I'd share.

very funny

If its the mixer from the pack - then its a new bug that is new to me.

IMO the worldgen follows at least the minlimit and maxlimt very well - and I have a maxspawning of 1or2 for that Prefab !!!

So IMO there should be other buildings or blank where the yellowstars are !!!

If its not my mixer:

The spawning is not tweaked very well IMO

Such Sitiuations (=the same building over and over again) made me create the COMPOPACK.

Because i was sick of it to see the same town and city over and over again filled with double,tripple and also multiple Same Prefabappearances.

I have made and repaired and asked for so many Prefabs - that allowes me now to do what my masterplan was from the beginning:

To let a Prefab appear just 1 time per city/town (some choosen ones 2 times).

And the most important: To have even enough Prefabs to fillup the cell.

Mag

Honestly I don't remember if I changed anything in the mixer this time or not. I know I have messed with it before so is possible. First time I've ever seen anything like that before. Actually played a bit more since posting and found nearly a dozen more in the unexplored parts. Other stores there is just the one, but that one is everywhere. Oddly enough the town is pretty dead as well, actually less dead than usual. Practically no zombies to speak up. A few have shown up in ones and twos, and I have seen one bee and two dogs, but no cops and no big groups.

when is the next pack being out? this weekend?

No!

Iam about to make some Prefabs for the new project: Asian-Town.

Then i begin to make the Big Prefabs spawnable again.

Laz Man brought us excellent Infos how to handle Custom-Hubs. I think this is the solution for this problem.

And further it could be a complete new way to let things spawn in the COMPOPACK.

Also slaan's work is very interresting.

U see: There r much things I wanna do first.

btw:

iam still not able to convert the pack to unlit all Lights automaticly. But iam on that !!!

Mag

@Mag

Do you know the answer:

What happened if for those "light" fixtures in blocks.xml, I changed:

<property name="Light" value="0.5" />

to

<property name="Light" value="0.0" />

Does it help to reduce overhead (better FPS) or some calculations are still being done ?

@Mag

Do you know the answer:

What happened if for those "light" fixtures in blocks.xml, I changed:

<property name="Light" value="0.5" />

to

<property name="Light" value="0.0" />

Does it help to reduce overhead (better FPS) or some calculations are still being done ?

It doesn't do anything at all. The fact that there are light properties in the xml at all baffles me because the game ignores them completely and uses values that are set elsewhere. Haven't done any editing myself to be sure, but it could be in the prefab itself that these values are set, or maybe even attached to the model.

• Roland locked this topic