Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

2 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Thanks Wolf, and everyone else working on this stuff.  I wish I can help but I don't have the time/patience (or maybe just intelligence) to figure out how to edit prefabs.

if there were nude girls you would find time lol 😂🤣🤪🤪

nah all good wolf and i are cracking thru it. 

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2020 at 10:24 AM, wolfbain5 said:

thanks, will do. hope I dont overkill

ok @Magoli here are 2 prefabs with author permissions. let me know what you think

a19 prefab redo.rar 102.69 kB · 1 download

I have checked the 2 prefabs - well done mate

but I saw 2 Issues on guppys_storeset2: the questsatchel is floating in midair above gunsafe / all the bookshelves are upsidedown

another tipp to make the POI's more alive and realistic:

overall feel free to spray more rubbish on the floors / make use of wallposters and signs and other decorations-stuff / avoid naked walls and floors

rock on mate

19 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

my next xcostum_NotreDamn_(by_tehkarma) will take me a while, but I love this poi

nice !

I think this place needs more Lootcontainers somehow - its a nice POI but overall it was kinda useless in the past because there was pretty much nothing to Loot there (except the coffins in the basement) - also spray some rubbish and decoblocks on the floors pls

20 hours ago, stallionsden said:

my next 2 are -

xcostum_burialshrine(by_snake0567)
xcostum_Cell_Tower(by_LuckyStar)

@wolfbain5

Ps: i currently working on -

xcostum_3BlockStores(by_Leo_Liuos)

ok - cool

2 hours ago, Magoli said:

I have checked the 2 prefabs - well done mate

but I saw 2 Issues on guppys_storeset2: the questsatchel is floating in midair above gunsafe / all the bookshelves are upsidedown

another tipp to make the POI's more alive and realistic:

overall feel free to spray more rubbish on the floors / make use of wallposters and signs and other decorations-stuff / avoid naked walls and floors

rock on mate

nice !

I think this place needs more Lootcontainers somehow - its a nice POI but overall it was kinda useless in the past because there was pretty much nothing to Loot there (except the coffins in the basement) - also spray some rubbish and decoblocks on the floors pls

as to the satchel, couldnt get it to sit on the gun safe. its like the gunsafe wasnt lining up. will remove and put in a new one. was trying to keep the original authors feel and was correcting block issues and placing zombies for quest purposes. he did give me free reign so I will see about more trash and such.

sent stallion a set of poi updates. feel free to altar what you think needs altering. mostly did block correction, such as stairs rotated wrong and such, added sleeper volumes, satchels, boss chest, and some crates as well as a quest marker.

edit: also updating some house gardens to random helper instead of static. 1 house poi gave me 200 blueberries...

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

as to the satchel, couldnt get it to sit on the gun safe. its like the gunsafe wasnt lining up. will remove and put in a new one. was trying to keep the original authors feel and was correcting block issues and placing zombies for quest purposes. he did give me free reign so I will see about more trash and such.

sent stallion a set of poi updates. feel free to altar what you think needs altering. mostly did block correction, such as stairs rotated wrong and such, added sleeper volumes, satchels, boss chest, and some crates as well as a quest marker.

edit: also updating some house gardens to random helper instead of static. 1 house poi gave me 200 blueberries...

ok - cool - very appreciate your work mate

But to make an old prefab looklike an A19-prefab it is needed to add (change) a bunch of blocks

pls dont care about the creators versions - even if it becomes a completly new flavor of the POI its OK

mainthing is to make the POI's uptodate and also exciting - be creativ - be fantastic - do what is need to be done to make the POI's excellent

IMO most of the POI's needs more work than just adding Sleepers,Quests and repair the misrotated blocks

As I said before: dont care about the authors and the origin POI-design - most of them are very outdated and need a total houseflip overhaul at all

U have the permission to grab and restore any prefab u like (also my creations) !!!

add new blocks to them - paint them - Make them fantastic - make them uptodate - give them a theming if u like - u have free permission to do all u want

rock on mate

P.S.

what belongs the Quest-Satchels:

IMO maybe we could place them on similar places like in the vanilla-prefabs !?

(inbetween the walls, covered by a painting - or into the walkingfloor, covered by a destroyed plate - or on other secret/hidden/difficult to reach places)

that would be awesome

hi prefabbers

here is just a little list of prefabs that really needs some love and/or a new touch:

xcostum_Prison(by_Limodur) (adding new blocks and do blockrepairs)
xcostum_TheMill(by_MoNKeYest1) (adding some fields!?)
xcostum_chernobyl (many misrotated blocks (poles) ) (rooms are very boring)

xcostum_CountyJail(by_Volar) (rooms are very boring)

xcostum_Farm(by_BigC90210) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul)

xcostum_kuldbrickhouse(by_Kuldiin) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul )

xcostum_kuldlargehouse(by_Kuldiin) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul )

xcostum_McDonalds(by_BigC90210) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul )

xcostum_Office(by_Wsiegel) (adding new blocks and do blockrepairs and maybe paintings inside)

xcostum_SuperStore(by_Volar) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul / adding all the new store-blocks (shelves) )

xcostum_WulftownA(by_WereWulfen) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul)

xcostum_ZHigh(by_Volar) (needs more decoration/rubbish - more life - better painting)

feel free to spray some love into these places

4 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

will do, have been trying, my skills are limited as I learn I will get better. also

xcostum_ThePyramid_1(by_Andyjoki) not in compopack

and, sorry, the english prof in me is screaming...do you mean custom?

yes - i talked to Andyjoki about that - he didnt updated this project for use with NONcustom-blocks - he has updated this prefab, but he was using a set of extra egyptian custom-blocks - And at this point of developement i DO NOT use prefabs with NONvanilla customblocks

Yeah - this costum/custom-typo is here since the beginning of COMPOPACK

meanwhile I know its spelled wrong and Iam stupid - But it became kinda my unmated marksign - so what LOL

2 hours ago, Magoli said:

hi prefabbers

here is just a little list of prefabs that really needs some love and/or a new touch:

xcostum_Prison(by_Limodur) (adding new blocks and do blockrepairs)
xcostum_TheMill(by_MoNKeYest1) (adding some fields!?)
xcostum_chernobyl (many misrotated blocks (poles) ) (rooms are very boring)

xcostum_CountyJail(by_Volar) (rooms are very boring)

xcostum_Farm(by_BigC90210) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul)

xcostum_kuldbrickhouse(by_Kuldiin) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul )

xcostum_kuldlargehouse(by_Kuldiin) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul )

xcostum_McDonalds(by_BigC90210) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul )

xcostum_Office(by_Wsiegel) (adding new blocks and do blockrepairs and maybe paintings inside)

xcostum_SuperStore(by_Volar) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul / adding all the new store-blocks (shelves) )

xcostum_WulftownA(by_WereWulfen) (very outdated - needs a complete overhaul)

xcostum_ZHigh(by_Volar) (needs more decoration/rubbish - more life - better painting)

feel free to spray some love into these places

yes - i talked to Andyjoki about that - he didnt updated this project for use with NONcustom-blocks - he has updated this prefab, but he was using a set of extra egyptian custom-blocks - And at this point of developement i DO NOT use prefabs with NONvanilla customblocks

Yeah - this costum/custom-typo is here since the beginning of COMPOPACK

meanwhile I know its spelled wrong and Iam stupid - But it became kinda my unmated marksign - so what LOL

lol, xcostum_TheMill(by_MoNKeYest1) (adding some fields!?) already loved it today

it has fields, I just made them more dangerous... bears gotta eat

xcostum_Tank_Garage(by_LuckyStar)marked as no zombies, it has sleeper volumes with zeds. just not questable and doesnt have to be imo. edit nvm, volumes were set up wrong

23 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

I not redoing the prefabs other then fixing misrotated blocks, multi coloured blocks from the many changes since. a general clean and tidy up as well as sleepers and quests. I kinda like how they have been kept near original to what the owners had done myself.

some unfortunately are so old, that blocks have been removed, containers renamed... require overhaul on a few. but most is as you say

edit: tho, I will admit, changing the generic shelves for the new ones isnt bad

1 hour ago, wolfbain5 said:

some unfortunately are so old, that blocks have been removed, containers renamed... require overhaul on a few. but most is as you say

edit: tho, I will admit, changing the generic shelves for the new ones isnt bad

Oh i agree and have been doing that. But yeh if the prefab still looks good then just a touch up of the old out of place block or mis rotated container etc. If it needs def a overhaul then it will get one.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

hey! was talking to wolfbain (and dm'd magoli on discord not long ago), i have several pois that i have redone over the last 1-2 years for ravenhearst, and we're happy to share them back. sadly two of the big ones i had extensive reworks on were notredamn and the mill.

i also have an update to limodor's prison, and i'm fine if it gets updated further. reworked the underground and various other bits about it.

i'll upload my folder which has various other pois, if you use them great, if you improve them even better.

they've been tagged for rh's files for so long, i'll just leave them as is so they can be renamed properly for compo without me bungling them up.
some footprints may have been changed over time for better world placement, also.
all vanilla blocks.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sinda said:

hey! was talking to wolfbain (and dm'd magoli on discord not long ago), i have several pois that i have redone over the last 1-2 years for ravenhearst, and we're happy to share them back. sadly two of the big ones i had extensive reworks on were notredamn and the mill.

i also have an update to limodor's prison, and i'm fine if it gets updated further. reworked the underground and various other bits about it.

i'll upload my folder which has various other pois, if you use them great, if you improve them even better.

they've been tagged for rh's files for so long, i'll just leave them as is so they can be renamed properly for compo without me bungling them up.
some footprints may have been changed over time for better world placement, also.
all vanilla blocks.

The more the merrier i say

• Thanks 1

I would be very interested in a list of everyone's top 10 - 20 POIs from Compopack 44. Specifically, ones that fit with Alpha 19 exp. and have sleepers and quests. 

I would like to weed out the weaker POIs and only include the best ones to my NitroGen prefablist.

Glad to see so many people working on updating the older POIs, everyone's work on this makes the game so much more enjoyable, so thank you!

9 hours ago, sinda said:

all vanilla blocks.

thats great - cant wait to see what u did and how they look like now

rock on mate

25 minutes ago, fabulux said:

I would be very interested in a list of everyone's top 10 - 20 POIs from Compopack 44. Specifically, ones that fit with Alpha 19 exp. and have sleepers and quests. 

I would like to weed out the weaker POIs and only include the best ones to my NitroGen prefablist.

Glad to see so many people working on updating the older POIs, everyone's work on this makes the game so much more enjoyable, so thank you!

thats a great idea - maybe I start a kinda pollthread here in prefabs-section and ask people to name their best10 and worst10 maybe

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Magoli said:

wow - thats a bunch of POI's

I will check them soon

If u want to add me on yout steam-friend-list - here is the invitelink:

https://s.team/p/qgb-bhpb/MHVDWTRP

rock on mate

invite sent

also, working on 3 more, some I made unquestable, and the farm fields, dont think they need volumes, just randomized crops. the wandering zeds should be enough

here you go, everyone. i'd split them into 2 folders-

fixes were largely paint, block rotations, small amounts of redesign and decoration. guppy's bank and seafood had a pretty thorough makeover.
redos are massively changed, some more than others. house3 by curbolt; and villa by limodor are almost entirely different pois, villa is entirely expanded on.
anything marked redo is constantly redone each alpha for rh, changing here and there.

everything has been repainted, blocks fixed where needed, sleepers redesigned and added where there weren't any. loot changes and additions, bounds and facings fixed, thumbs and meshes updated, lighting largely in an off state. most have quests, some were left without quests as it felt odd, or better left to discovery. many pois have had their footprints (x,y,z) changed for better placement and/or expansion to the prefab.

i included one orginal wilderness poi i was going to release myself, if you would also like that.

i realize some may have already been redone, but included everything anyway, feel free to take any of them further.
limodor's prison while much improved could probably use someone else's vision added to it.

hope these help!

included a list (jpg sorting) so easy to see what is included.

it's been a long time since i shared a dropbox link, if someone could let me know that it worked, would appreciate it :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyn6kny5he7of3f/rh_a19_CompoFixUps_Sinder.zip?dl=0

sinder list.png

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

• Roland locked this topic