Jump to content

Compo-Pack for Random Gen


Magoli

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Magoli said:

COMPOPACK 44 for Alpha19exp will come tomorrow !!!

 

Thanks Magoli


It's wonderful news (I can't sleep, I'll be like an owl).
I hope everything is fine with you, I encourage you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just generated a map using Nitrogen 18.4 experimental, and set CompoPack 43 as the prefab for the game. I got a map generated, and made sure both the server and my local files had the prefabs properly copied over. When I load into the game, the buildings a visible from a distance, but once I get a certain distance away the buildings will disappear. The server is currently running 18.4, so I'm thinking that the issue is coming from CompoPack being 18.3. If that is the case, is there going to be any support for 18.4 or is that version just getting skipped over for 19?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Enegek said:

I just generated a map using Nitrogen 18.4 experimental, and set CompoPack 43 as the prefab for the game. I got a map generated, and made sure both the server and my local files had the prefabs properly copied over. When I load into the game, the buildings a visible from a distance, but once I get a certain distance away the buildings will disappear. The server is currently running 18.4, so I'm thinking that the issue is coming from CompoPack being 18.3. If that is the case, is there going to be any support for 18.4 or is that version just getting skipped over for 19?

They have not released combo pack for 19 yet should be today though..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Enegek said:

I just generated a map using Nitrogen 18.4 experimental, and set CompoPack 43 as the prefab for the game. I got a map generated, and made sure both the server and my local files had the prefabs properly copied over. When I load into the game, the buildings a visible from a distance, but once I get a certain distance away the buildings will disappear. The server is currently running 18.4, so I'm thinking that the issue is coming from CompoPack being 18.3. If that is the case, is there going to be any support for 18.4 or is that version just getting skipped over for 19?

yes - version 18.4 was skipped - but the Issue you discribed is COMPOPACK Issue - its a game Issue when server dont pushes the mesh info to the clients

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

COMPOPACK_44(for Alpha19exp_built169) is available now !!!

 

to get it go to the openingpost

 

here is the Changelog:

CHANGELOG COMPOPACK 44 :

i asked Pille to do the whole conversation from A18 to A19 for all the CP-prefabs - and he did it inner minutes - thx Pille really appreciate your competent and good work
it was also needed to adjust the brightness of the lit lights for A19 to let them appear like they were in A18 - also thx for that Pille

in detail:

changed following blocks to air in all prefab:
1779   :  treasureChest cntMountainManChest
2250   :  cntBuriedStashChest cntBuriedWeaponChest
2119   :  cntBackpackDropped backpack03Prefab
2670   :  toiletBlockVariantHelper cntToilett01
2667   :  woodFurnitureBlockVariantHelper endTable


exchanged following prefab with newer versions
(thx to TopMinder for keeping his own prefabs always uptodate and also thx for working on some existing CP-prefabs) :

xcostum_4Apartments(by_TopMinder)
xcostum_7EndStore(by_Jackelmyer)
xcostum_Blue_House(by_TopMinder_and_Pille)
xcostum_CanucksCoffee(by_Genosis)
xcostum_Cave1(by_NAGGcommunity)
xcostum_celltower_2(by_axebeard)
xcostum_celltower_2_waste(by_axebeard)
xcostum_ColonyShip(by_NAGGcommunity)
xcostum_deerstand_1(by_axebeard)
xcostum_deerstand_2(by_axebeard)
xcostum_Dormerhouse(by_TopMinder)
xcostum_DriveIn(by_NAGG_Genosis)
xcostum_Experimentalhouse(by_TopMinder)
xcostum_hideout(by_axebeard)
xcostum_hideout(by_TopMinder_and_Pille)
xcostum_Hostel(by_TopMinder)
xcostum_InsaneAsylum(by_Genosis)
xcostum_MinderManor(by_TopMinder)
xcostum_ModernArtGallery(by_Pille_TopMinder)
xcostum_Paintballarena(by_Jackelmyer)
xcostum_PetStore(by_Jackelmyer)
xcostum_research_vessel(by_Pille)
xcostum_Villa(by_TopMinder)


REMOVED:
xvanilla_carlot_03_temp (not available anymore)
xvanilla_remnant_burnt_deco_01 (not available anymore)
xvanilla_remnant_burnt_deco_02 (not available anymore)
xvanilla_theatre_01 (not available anymore)
xvanilla_warehouse_01 (not available anymore)
xvanilla_settlement_trader_01 (renamed)
xvanilla_settlement_trader_02 (renamed)
xvanilla_settlement_trader_03 (renamed)
xvanilla_settlement_trader_04 (renamed)
xvanilla_settlement_trader_05 (renamed)
xvanilla_ranger_station1      (renamed)
xvanilla_theatre_01 (not available anymore)
xvanilla_warehouse_01 (not available anymore)
xvanilla_mp_waste_bldg_01_red (not available anymore)
xvanilla_mp_waste_bldg_02_red (not available anymore)
xvanilla_mp_waste_bldg_03_red (not available anymore)
xvanilla_mp_waste_bldg_04_red (not available anymore)
xvanilla_mp_waste_bldg_05_red (not available anymore)
xvanilla_mp_waste_bldg_06_red (not available anymore)
xvanilla_mp_waste_bldg_07_red (not available anymore)
xvanilla_mp_waste_bldg_08_red (not available anymore)
xvanilla_mp_waste_bldg_09_red (not available anymore)
courthouse_med_02 (not available anymore)
all A18 xvanilla-prefabs (exchanged them with the new A19 versions)


NEW PREFABS :
xcostum_Bookstore(by_Kayido)
xcostum_Bunker(by_Pille)
xcostum_ExcavatorMassGrave(by_Pille)
xcostum_HNHouse(by_Hernan)
xcostum_LazMans_church_01(by_LazMan)
xcostum_Modernhouse02(by_TopMinder)
xcostum_OrigamiGallery(by_Pille_TopMinder)
xcostum_Sawmill(by_Pille)
xcostum_SmallWoodhouse(by_TopMinder)
(all the new A19 vanilla-prefabs)


FIXED:

-added questRallyMarker to xcostum_Bavarian_Bowse_Shop(by_magoli)
-some block-repairs to xcostum_swimmingbath(by_magoli) (roof,water,cactee)
-some block-repairs to xcostum_timbershop(by_magoli) (misrotated bedrolls)
-set rotationvalue to 0 and metavalue to 0 on block256 terrWaterPOI (done to all xcostum_prefabs)


WORKS on PREFABLIST.TXT FOR NITROGEN :
-removed all entries for vanilla-prefabs that are deleted in A19
-added all new vanilla-prefabs to the prefabslist.txt
-renamed all vanilla-prefabs with new names (if needed)
-checked and fixed all sizes, rotations and yoffsets values for all prefabs


Magoli 2020-07-18

 

keep in mind that there is NO RWGMIXER.XML in this COMPOPACK44-Release

pls use the delivered examplemap or use Nitrogen to generate u a own map

 

have fun

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Magoli said:

yes - version 18.4 was skipped - but the Issue you discribed is COMPOPACK Issue - its a game Issue when server dont pushes the mesh info to the clients

 

So is this issue solved by just generating another map with the Compo prefabs, or is it something a little more in depth?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Thanks Magoli!!!!!

 

Does anyone know if the prefabs get pushed to clients automatically in A19?

No.  I cant speak for the compo pack  but in vanilla, prefabs loaded on the server should still work for clients but with limited functionality (e.g. players wont see prefabs in the distance)  with that said it is recommended to have the prefab files both on client and server.

 

The devs mentioned in a recent dev stream that steam workshop should address this problem in the future.  Time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

No.  I cant speak for the compo pack  but in vanilla, prefabs loaded on the server should still work for clients but with limited functionality (e.g. players wont see prefabs in the distance)  with that said it is recommended to have the prefab files both on client and server.

 

The devs mentioned in a recent dev stream that steam workshop should address this problem in the future.  Time will tell.

I'm pretty sure this is because though the prefabs are now pushed from the server, the distant terrain generation is being done on the client.  Theoretically if the client has Compo-pack installed with the same RWG mixer as the server, it could generate distant prefabs. I don't believe this would work with Nitrogen maps though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

I'm pretty sure this is because though the prefabs are now pushed from the server, the distant terrain generation is being done on the client.  Theoretically if the client has Compo-pack installed with the same RWG mixer as the server, it could generate distant prefabs. I don't believe this would work with Nitrogen maps though.

Clients receive a red missing prefab error when they dont have the prefab files installed locally.  I can submit a bug report for this but I assumed the servers didnt push any of the files based on the response from lathan in his dev stream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Clients receive a red missing prefab error when they dont have the prefab files installed locally.  I can submit a bug report for this but I assumed the servers didnt push any of the files based on the response from lathan in his dev stream.

Yeah it's one of the things I keep meaning to test, but never have time to sit and play with it. I end up with troubleshooting server issues, being overloaded at work, or doing silly stuff like the min-spec PC performance test that was requested.

 

Per the a19 notes, prefab data should be sent from the server. I would definitely submit that as a bug.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JustinJ said:

Hi Guys! The newest version of Nitrogen (501) cannot detect the prefab list for Compopack 44. Mine only shows the Compopack43 and the vanilla versions of the prefab list. Does anyone have a fix? Thank you! 

Put both files in the "resources" folder of nitrogen, it will swap files. You will generate the map using A19 Vanilla (default).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kaneta1 said:

I'm always thankful for your work.
I can't speak English so much, so I say a point.

xcostum_LMART_RoadHouse(byStallionsden)

For Rally Marker don't have it.
 

thx for the info

i will add it to the next update

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2020 at 5:47 PM, Laz Man said:

No.  I cant speak for the compo pack  but in vanilla, prefabs loaded on the server should still work for clients but with limited functionality (e.g. players wont see prefabs in the distance)  with that said it is recommended to have the prefab files both on client and server.

 

The devs mentioned in a recent dev stream that steam workshop should address this problem in the future.  Time will tell.

What are you all talking about??  I have been using the Compo Pack on my servers for a long time.  And in both A18 and A19 they all get pushed from the server to the client...  Not one person has ever complained about anything with the Compo Pack.  I have even played through several of the Compo Pack POI's with other players.  None of us had the files installed locally and it all worked perfectly..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...