Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Moon;930310']Not sure if seed or combopack related but every seed i tested so far i had this issue. No big city, no industrial area and most of the towns are empity :

https://i.imgur.com/AaMu6zk.jpg

urgh - this doesn't look good mate

I had this Issue too a few days ago

deleting game and all files - also all profiles and the complete savegamefolder helped for me

I have here no Issues at all - the world looks wierd but not bugged or glitched at all

The towns are filled ok with prefabs - also had no single floating prefab so far - iam on day 6 now

tbh: except the wierd streets I really love the seed iam playing right now (reppo1)

Moon;930382']Your best bet would be to use bad company server manager mod. There's a command bc-import where you can load prefabs to your server manually.

(NOT SURE IF ITS GONNA IMPORT THE SLEEPERS AS WELL OR ITS GONNA BE EMPTY)

Oh nice, I'll have to look into that. Do you know who built the two prefabs I mentioned? I'd like to send them a PM

What does the hotel look like

It's giant (it may be apartments) It has an underground garage with a bus blocking the entrance, and it has a water tower on top where all the loot is. You basically have to work your way up and flashlights point the way to a path. It's amazing

It's giant (it may be apartments) It has an underground garage with a bus blocking the entrance, and it has a water tower on top where all the loot is. You basically have to work your way up and flashlights point the way to a path. It's amazing

I would say might have to go into game prefab editor and load each prefab you think is a possible fit for What your chasing. Remember also there is vanilla hotels to. A pic would be best info tho if you can get a pic of the 2

You like area 51 I was gonna cull it as its looking pretty dismal lol. But will update it if you want after I finish updating the courthouse lol.

Time on courthouse approx 2 to 3 days

Time set to update area 51 prolly be maybe 1 to 2 weeks after I give it a complete overhaul

Would appreciate it. The highrise Courthouse is another favourite of ours ! thx heaps.

Hi, thank yo u for the latest update! It fixed a lot server-sided warnings. Clean log now :D

When joining our new generated RWG server we got some client-sided errors when joining the server.

Knipsel.jpg.3aa8d879f50e56f4c6b694b54986c13b.jpg

When deleting this prefabs in rwgmixer and creating a new map, then is everything fine.

Any fix for these nice prefabs?

Hi, thank yo u for the latest update! It fixed a lot server-sided warnings. Clean log now :D

When joining our new generated RWG server we got some client-sided errors when joining the server.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27127[/ATTACH]

When deleting this prefabs in rwgmixer and creating a new map, then is everything fine.

Any fix for these nice prefabs?

There has to be something wrong on your end. I visited the tombs and no errors at all. Looted killed zs nearly drowned console was clear of errors. Same with the village and hotel.

It possibly could just be a bug in the game also that not everyone is getting to.

Suggest of you delete all your saved worlds. Profiles etc on all 3 players computers. Mags had some issues and once he did this his game was fine. (May not be the issue but may want to consider)

There has to be something wrong on your end. I visited the tombs and no errors at all. Looted killed zs nearly drowned console was clear of errors. Same with the village and hotel.

It possibly could just be a bug in the game also that not everyone is getting to.

Suggest of you delete all your saved worlds. Profiles etc on all 3 players computers. Mags had some issues and once he did this his game was fine. (May not be the issue but may want to consider)

We will try it!

fyi

CP37 still has the vanilla typo

<prefab_rules>
	<prefab_rule name="townGroup">
		<prefab rule="residentialOldGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="residentialNewGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="commercialGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="downtownGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="industrialGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="ruralGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="detailFillerGroup" prop="0.05"/>
	</prefab_rule>

should be

<prefab rule="detailFillerGroup" prob="0.05"/>

Hey guys, Ive been working on my current map in the editor after generating with custom filters and my own modified version of the rwgmixer. Im really happy with what ive got and will never be able to get this exact map again, took me literal days and dozens of preview gens to get it.

I used compo35 and ive got everything pretty much where i want it. My first time generating maps with anything but vanilla, so i have a question. Will i be able to just overwrite my current prefab folder with this version and have the names match right up if i leave my current compo rwg in place? Anything new in this pack i would just place by hand on my next maintenance window.

fyi

CP37 still has the vanilla typo

<prefab_rules>
	<prefab_rule name="townGroup">
		<prefab rule="residentialOldGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="residentialNewGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="commercialGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="downtownGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="industrialGroup"/>
		<prefab rule="ruralGroup"/>
	</prefab_rule>

should be

<prefab rule="detailFillerGroup" prob="0.05"/>

oh thx - didn't heard about that Typo - will change it in the next Release

oh thx - didn't heard about that Typo - will change it in the next Release

I'm using this with the The Wild Lands mod. I adjusted the custom biomed down pretty low. Fixed the typo I mentioned, and the world is incredible! Lots of traders, but not crowding. I love it. Just what I've been looking for, thanks!

What does the hotel look like

I think it may be Batmans Bridge Apartments except it didn't look as big as his screenshots here. He mentions the pathing I noticed that is just awesome.

This is the screenie I took of it

hotel.jpg.24e31db0bc02d6e458c2596ba6f14108.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I would say might have to go into game prefab editor and load each prefab you think is a possible fit for What your chasing. Remember also there is vanilla hotels to. A pic would be best info tho if you can get a pic of the 2

Where do I access the Game prefab Editor?

I think it may be Batmans Bridge Apartments except it didn't look as big as his screenshots here. He mentions the pathing I noticed that is just awesome.

This is the screenie I took of it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27154[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

Where do I access the Game prefab Editor?

Start a game and look above options in the main menu editing tools.

Argh yep pretty creepy looking lol

Hi sorry if this has been covered, thread is huge. I searched and didn't notice anything. I am adding POI by hand to Navezgane and it's going great. The only problem is that only a handful of them are working with the traders handing out quests. I'm not sure what is going on. I tried editing the tier to 5 to make them more likely to spawn for us at our level, but again only a handful of them show up. I tried loading the prefabs in the prefab editor to see if there were any differences between them. They all seem to have the quest marker and the quest bag fetch pickup items. They all seem to have a difficulty tier and a QuestTags. I'm at a loss as to why only some are taking quests, if anybody has any ideas thanks very much in advance. :02.47-tranquillity:

in the game, main menu. go to editing tools. then the level/prefab editor

So you can't edit a Random game on a dedicated server I'm guessing? Like if I wanted to import a prefab into my server is that possible? I'm running the Combo Pack sometimes I'd just like to add a favorite that didn't show up on the seed I chose

So you can't edit a Random game on a dedicated server I'm guessing? Like if I wanted to import a prefab into my server is that possible? I'm running the Combo Pack sometimes I'd just like to add a favorite that didn't show up on the seed I chose

I inserted some prefabs into my currently running game following the Best Method listed on https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103988-How-do-you-manually-add-prefabs the main problem with inserting them into an already running map seems to be that you have to delete the entire region file the prefab is in to get it to be generated by the game. To get around this I made sure and only adding new POI to areas that players weren't in. This worked great for my server since everybody is clustered together and means the outer parts of the map were ripe for adding interesting areas. Make sure you make backups of everything before poking around with anything!

Stompynz mod does exactly this on a server import export a prefab .

Here is the link -

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57569-Bad-Company-Manager-(ApiMod-for-Servers)

So I am having an issue where pretty much every wilderness spawn is a trader ... I literally have dirt roads that are just 3+ traders on them, any ideas?

Keep shuffling thru the seeds til you find one you like. Rwg is pretty messy. Horrid roads horrid placements horrid spawns. B240 onwards they went backwards imho. Best solution is the above and hope for the best lol

Yea i have generated about 10 maps, they are all the same. Every wilderness dirt road, is all traders. When I say theres 3+ on a dirt road, i mean if there are a few dirt roads in a row off 1 main road, I can end up with 20 traders in an area ... it is not spawning anything but traders in the wilderness

Maybe a stupid question, that may already have been answered.

Are the contributors to the compo pack happy if we steal and plunder 'bits' of their creations?

I'm working on a map with some big prefabs to fill out for an experiment, easier to borrow from vanilla and elsewhere

than remaking the wheel for some sections.

Obviously if it turns out nice , will share and acknowledge unwitting contributors.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived