Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Merry Christmas!

I'm wondering about this pack, would it by anychance contain "de-dungeonstyled" POI's from A17?

I had hoped they had two version of their POI's, one dungeonstyle and one normal styled with the dungeonstyle one being much rarer to encounter.

Only played A17 for a day now, and already is fed up on the dungeonstyle crap xD

Merry Christmas!

I'm wondering about this pack, would it by anychance contain "de-dungeonstyled" POI's from A17?

I had hoped they had two version of their POI's, one dungeonstyle and one normal styled with the dungeonstyle one being much rarer to encounter.

Only played A17 for a day now, and already is fed up on the dungeonstyle crap xD

there is a Chance - but a very small One ;)

It would be a Lot of work to make a copy of 200 vanilla-prefabs, rename them and make all the wished Changes.

After that the rwgmixer have to be tweaked to always choose between the good and dangerous version.

(every prefab have to have a rule than)

I made that earlier in A12 I think - maybe I will do it again when I feel like forced to it (but atm I dont)

Merry Christmas everybody

I would bet the issue is something I have done wrong, but I have no idea what.

Looking at the console I saw some warning's pop up.

Dedicated server.

https://i.imgur.com/ew5g3j4.png

Tried to open the output log file on the server but didn't see any of the warning in it.

Hind site I am guessing the errors are client side.

so far other than the warnings, it looks to work fine.

Thanks.

Dedicated server.

Tried to open the output log file on the server but didn't see any of the warning in it.

Thanks.

Which version of the game are you running and also what version of the combopack are you using?

stable A17 (b240?) and COMPOPACK 35

go into the rwgmizer.xml and verify that the names of the prefabs match the xcustom prefab names from the combo pack. it's best to make a copy of the prefabs folder, delete it, verify the files, and then re-add the combopack and then try again. It sounds like you have some left over prefabs somewhere. I had that issue awhile back. You may also have to delete your saves folder as the profile may be storing that as well.

Dedicated server.

Thanks.

As FastBurst said, it's 99% likely you have old prefabs and (maybe) old rgwmixer on your game. My sugestion is to delete the entire pack, verifiy files and install all over again.

Also start a entire new game with a new seed. Dont try to keep the same save/seed/file you used.

Did you copy the prefabs inside compo pack folder Into the games prefab folder or did you replace the whole game prefab folder with the compo pack one.

One is correct and the other will give you lots of errors

Yeah, pretty sure I did it right, but Ill do a re-run of the process on our next reset.

It was a brand new save, and a brand new seed.

I copied all the Prefab files in the Pak, directly into the prefab folder.

And overwrote the old rwgmixer.

This is a dedicated server that I used FTP to do the process on. Maybe something didnt jive right on the copy, but I didn't get any errors.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

some poi spawn in ground in my world A17 compo 35

Yes ur right - but IMO it has nothing to do with the COMPOPACK

Also Cars spawning in a strange diametral position between surface and undergrounds - I saw this in vanilla and also CP- prefabs

The spawning of Traders is broken - roads looking as wierd as ever - neverending town all over the whole map -

strange landscapes and biome mixing- houses not correctly next to each other

This and that and all the other stuff you can read about RWG since b240 is a unnice situation - i know

I wish i could do something here - but the Issue is sitting deeply hardcoded in the code for the RWG-generation-engine

In other words: Its on the Pimps site to fix that

During their work on fixing the floating prefabs something very bad happend to the RWG-world

In B208 - B231 the world looked very nice - but since b240 something wrong is going on in RWG-Town

Is there some easy way to stop certain POI's from generating? There is a couple of POI's from the pack that is just hilariously overstuffed with valuable loot.

The recycling building (I think it was) comes to mind.

Also noted that it seems like the Skyscrapes from vanilla seems to almost not generating, tried a few maps and only seen the Be...Bei, cant remember what it was called. B-something scaper, with a parabol dish on the roof, is this rwmixer issue or on their side of the generation?

Is there some easy way to stop certain POI's from generating? There is a couple of POI's from the pack that is just hilariously overstuffed with valuable loot.

The recycling building (I think it was) comes to mind.

Also noted that it seems like the Skyscrapes from vanilla seems to almost not generating, tried a few maps and only seen the Be...Bei, cant remember what it was called. B-something scaper, with a parabol dish on the roof, is this rwmixer issue or on their side of the generation?

to ur first question:

just remove the non-wished prefabs from the rwgmixer (delete complete line) - save and u are good

to ur 2nd question:

I would say there is not only no easy way to accomplish that, but also no safe way !! (atm!!!)

As everybody should have noticed the RWG-generation is in a bad condition since b240

This has nothing to do with the xml's , the rwgmixer.xml or the CP itself !!!

Since TFP's halfbaked try to repair the floating prefabs in b240 the rwg-gen has a hickup IMO

(yes, they fixed the floating POI-problem to 95% - but now the landscape-gen and POI-gen is broken BANG)

In addition to that:

To enable a perfect world-POI-Spawning is a symphony of several settings:

- commands in the prefab's own xml's has to be set perfectly

- rwgmixer-rules has to be set perfectly

- rwgmixer commands (probs,mincount,maxcount,spawngroups) has to be set perfectly

- amount of available prefabs has to be enough

- the town's size have to be synchronized to the amount of available prefabs

but in fact there are actual a few problems to that:

- IMO some of the prefab's own xml-commands are not concidered anymore by the engine (have no info on that atm)

- It seems the engine dont strictly follows the rules from the rwgmixer.xml and the randomness needs to be more random !!!

- Its a hard work to get the perfect balancing of POI-variety esp. when we have no chance to see where are the zones

(because that is now all about in A17-rwg-spawning - the zones: Commercial,Industrial,ResidentialOld,...)

- For the actual vanilla townsizes and towns-amount we should need about 3 times more prefabs than we have now (vanilla+CP)

sry for the details - but as i said: its a symphony of many factors and pieces

oh btw happy new year everybody

Hey Magoli, is there a reference pack for compo 35 like there is for 31 or are they basically the same.

Looking for a quick guide or reference of which houses to get rid of that have to much loot.

Thanks for all your work btw is fantastic!

Hey mags, was curious. With the new level of detail and design of vanilla POIs, how much time has it taken to retrofit the old ones in the compo pack? Almost makes me think it's not worth the time and effort for the majority of them?

hi Laz - nice to hear from U

tbh iam almost done with the most works

I have repainted and repaired now most of the prefabs (urs included)

I used a kinda automatic way to repaint the unpainted blocks - old survived paintings are untouched !

In some prefabs I went into detail some more - in others less.

I will drop the next CP very soon - so U can choose by urself if u are ok with the convertion/repairs

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Magoli, is there a reference pack for compo 35 like there is for 31 or are they basically the same.

Looking for a quick guide or reference of which houses to get rid of that have to much loot.

Thanks for all your work btw is fantastic!

no - sry - there is no better reference atm

• Roland locked this topic

Archived