Compo-Pack for Random Gen

hi folks

as u know there was a change with medicine-Cabinets and also Pillcases (aka MedicalCabinets)

this forced me to do another blockchanging-session

below u have a link to the updated prefabs - mixer is still the same like CP33

here are the changes (in all prefabs):

changed block XXXX : cntMedicineCabinet to 1604 : cntMedicineCabinetClosedRandomLootHelper

changed block 1607 : cntPillCaseRandomLootHelper to 1757 : cntPillCase

changed Rotation on block 1604 (8to0 , 13to3 , 16to2 , 23to1)

changed block 1237 : treeLargeRandomHelper to 1235 : treeSmallRandomHelper

changed block 1236 : treeMediumRandomHelper to 1235 : treeSmallRandomHelper

I decided to not Release a new CP-version yet, because

- I haven't implemented the quest-stuff yet.

- FunPimps still do Changes to the blocks and textures in the exp-phase

- I have not the time and muse atm (stressy pre-christmastime)

to get it working just replace the CP33-prefabs with the Ones in this file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nr9eu8ac6zj9h2l/Prefabs-medicupdate-2018-12-15.zip?dl=0

Important information: All new A17-prefabs are not implented to the RWG-spawn yet !!!

(they will be added to the next official CP-version)

@SandyBeaches:

the firestation has a Issue:

the most eastern row has missing material (stone) on the groundlevel and below

I saw this Issue also in some vanilla-Prefabs in the forums here

So I wonder if its a ingame-POI-editor-bug? , a RWG-bug , a prefabs loading/saving-bug? or simply just our (my) fault?

to many things confuses me these days - have to get them sorted

Quick question, do I need to make a new save for this one to work?

Quick question, do I need to make a new save for this one to work?

no - but the areas u already experienced will have the question-mark-blocks inside

the errormsgs will appear in console - but console will not popup , players will take no notice of the errormsg and servers should NOT FREEZE because of that !!!

New experienced cells will have the new updated prefabs - already written cells will still contain the old questionmark-prefabs

i want to throw a big thank you to you guys for your years of hard work on these amazing prefabs. They've long been one of my favorite additions to the game. The creativity, detail, artistry, creepiness factor, being able to see the zombified peoples "stories" in the prefabs-all has made exploration one of THE high points of the game to me. All that hard work and attention to detail/artistry has not gone un-noticed and is truly appreciated

hi folks

@SandyBeaches:

the firestation has a Issue:

the most eastern row has missing material (stone) on the groundlevel and below

I saw this Issue also in some vanilla-Prefabs in the forums here

So I wonder if its a ingame-POI-editor-bug? , a RWG-bug , a prefabs loading/saving-bug? or simply just our (my) fault?

to many things confuses me these days - have to get them sorted

Huh, interesting. I'll take a look but I never messed with the underground so I would say bug.

Are the new versions going into the next cp?

I have a problem. Want to spawn a prefab from Compo pack to Navezgane at desired coordinates.

Put a command under prefab file (world/navezgane etc..) <decoration type="model" name="xcostum_Sphinx_2(by_Andyjoki)" position="1250, 62, -1100" rotation="0" />

but prefab dont show and in console get error that prefab cant be loaded.

I have a problem. Want to spawn a prefab from Compo pack to Navezgane at desired coordinates.

Put a command under prefab file (world/navezgane etc..) <decoration type="model" name="xcostum_Sphinx_2(by_Andyjoki)" position="1250, 62, -1100" rotation="0" />

but prefab dont show and in console get error that prefab cant be loaded.

Is it a prefab from compo pack or vanilla. If from compo pack You have to wait til mags updates them. As since b221 they removed a block that the pois used.

cant wait, but till then i fixed the issue that b221 brought. you just add back the missing block to the blocks xml. its really no big deal. and it allows you to play with the combo pack on b221 till it gets updated. put "cntMedicineCabinet" right after "cntNightstandClosed"

it wont interfere, just allow custom poi's to still work in the meantime

<block name="cntNightstandClosed">

<property name="Extends" value="cntNightstandOpen"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/LootContainers/nightStand_closedPrefab"/>

<property name="Class" value="Loot"/>

<property name="LootList" value="6"/>

</block>

<block name="cntMedicineCabinet">

<property name="Class" value="Loot"/>

<property name="Material" value="Mglass"/>

<property name="Shape" value="New"/>

<property name="Model" value="Plate"/>

<property name="SortOrder2" value="0150"/> <!-- SortShape -->

<property name="Texture" value="358,191,191,191,191,191"/>

<property name="LootList" value="7"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="resourceBrokenGlass" count="1,2"/>

<property name="FilterTags" value="floot,fdecor,ffurniture"/>

</block>

<block name="cntMedicineCabinetFaucetOpen">

<property name="Material" value="Mglass"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/LootContainers/medicine_cabinet_open_faucetPrefab"/>

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>

<property name="ImposterExclude" value="true"/>

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="furnitureGroupDesc"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="resourceBrokenGlass" count="1,2"/>

<property name="FilterTags" value="floot,fdecor,ffurniture"/>

</block>

@SandyBeaches:

Could u send me the Latest version of xcustom_firestation(by_Slick) pls

Or are there no changes since the last dl-link u posted earlier?

Iam about to add the new Prefabs now to the CP and mixer - this will be the last workingstep before testing and finally releasing

btw:

IMO the ingame-POI-editor has a nasty bug when saving prefabs !!!

IMO this is why some prefabs have these trenches of air on the boarder of the prefabs !!!

iam not totally sure on this - Iam gonna do some tests soon

@SandyBeaches:

Could u send me the Latest version of xcustom_firestation(by_Slick) pls

Or are there no changes since the last dl-link u posted earlier?

Iam about to add the new Prefabs now to the CP and mixer - this will be the last workingstep before testing and finally releasing

btw:

IMO the ingame-POI-editor has a nasty bug when saving prefabs !!!

IMO this is why some prefabs have these trenches of air on the boarder of the prefabs !!!

iam not totally sure on this - Iam gonna do some tests soon

i encountered these trenches of air on one of the new basegame POI's as well (random gen map)

i encountered these trenches of air on one of the new basegame POI's as well (random gen map)

i have checked this in detail now:

by a unknown Reason the prefabs bound-box has changed the size (bigger)

After that the prefab is bigger on several sides - and these sides are filled with air from bottom to top ofc

I just wonder how this could happen - because i never changed the size of the bound (hold left shift + G - and then klicking arrows and drag)

Are there another hotkeys for changing the bound-size or is this happening by accident ???

no - but the areas u already experienced will have the question-mark-blocks inside

the errormsgs will appear in console - but console will not popup , players will take no notice of the errormsg and servers should NOT FREEZE because of that !!!

New experienced cells will have the new updated prefabs - already written cells will still contain the old questionmark-prefabs

Are you saying I can add some of the updated prefabs to my rwgmixer and prefab folder on a running server? We havent explored very much of it yet so not a big deal with some question-mark-blocks (just pretend the Joker is a zombie roaming the world aswell :p ).

I thought that when the server had generated a new world it would need to be regenerated for that to work. Will it just switch out some prefabs in the areas that are unexplored then? Was just thinking of adding the ones that Sandybeaches have redone for b221 for now. Including the pack when we restart for next experimantal build :)

Are you saying I can add some of the updated prefabs to my rwgmixer and prefab folder on a running server? We havent explored very much of it yet so not a big deal with some question-mark-blocks (just pretend the Joker is a zombie roaming the world aswell :p ).

I thought that when the server had generated a new world it would need to be regenerated for that to work. Will it just switch out some prefabs in the areas that are unexplored then? Was just thinking of adding the ones that Sandybeaches have redone for b221 for now. Including the pack when we restart for next experimantal build :)

Thats the way it worked in earlier days - idk if it works in A17 too

I think what prefab has to spawn where is pregenerated - but the actual prefab will just load in to the world when u near it (eventually when the mesh turns into the real prefab) - so unwalked POI's should load the new repaired POI's

however:

I will Release CP35 tomorrow - and then I defenetly recommend to start a new map with new pack ;)

(and then as always: no support on older versions !)

i have checked this in detail now:

by a unknown Reason the prefabs bound-box has changed the size (bigger)

After that the prefab is bigger on several sides - and these sides are filled with air from bottom to top ofc

I just wonder how this could happen - because i never changed the size of the bound (hold left shift + G - and then klicking arrows and drag)

Are there another hotkeys for changing the bound-size or is this happening by accident ???

If it is happening to the new POI's they added in vanilla maps too wouldn't that indicate that as you mentioned before-it must be something in the game prefab editor?

@tin33cro

make sure you delete the raw file, so it regenerates it from the dtm.tga in case its that

also inside the prefab xml there is this : <property name="Zoning" value="NavOnly" />

ive noticed it in some of the navisgame only prefabs. might that have something to do with what you need?

You're not the only one :D Its the one thing holding me back before restting server to b231 :) Just hoping b231 didnt mess with anything, if so I will have to write a strongly worded tweet to Mr. Mole :p

My server has been down for5 hour waiting for this bad boy! Hurry :D

can someone explain what exactly the compo pack does?

Like, the first page mentions changes to blocks and PoIs, I assume it adds new stuff but what about the RWG mixer.. is it just to add the new buildings or does it make overall generation better?

Also googling for it I found a very old topic on reddit that it was server side only, but now it seems to require clients to download it. Do we have a version that's only with improvements for RWG or PoIs using existing blocks?

thanks

can someone explain what exactly the compo pack does?

Like, the first page mentions changes to blocks and PoIs, I assume it adds new stuff but what about the RWG mixer.. is it just to add the new buildings or does it make overall generation better?

Also googling for it I found a very old topic on reddit that it was server side only, but now it seems to require clients to download it. Do we have a version that's only with improvements for RWG or PoIs using existing blocks?

thanks

Mr magoli keeps all the player built plus updated and converts them to each alpha. So in his brilliant best pack of goodies you not can only get the tfp built pois/prefab you get the player built ones. He does it all even includes updated rwgmixer with both tfp and player built pois

• Roland locked this topic