Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Hey Magoli

Having always played using vanilla prefabs only, I decided to install your mod on my current game.

To Grayskull! What an improvment!

So much fun exploring now...

Thank you very much to you and all the awesome prefabers.

-snip-

I am more concerned about the custom-prefabs, because they need to be converted to A17 and also updated/repaired/painted.

And thats a very big job which will eat up all my time.

Depending on the complexity of the repairs, I say DELIGATE!

Then your main job would be quality control, rather than actual time-consuming repairs.

Consider me signed up for that.

Twd prison not ready for release yet.....

Demand seems to be increasing, i am humbled. :p

Everytime i start working on the prison, a new cool idea pops in my head so i start adding it in. The prison now has an elevator and stair well. :)

Our new baby is due in a few weeks. Will be on leave from work for 4 weeks so theres a chance i might be able to wrap things up soon. Of course, this can almost mean the exact opposite lol.....

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I keep having the larger structures get chunks cut off of them. The base on pillars with the helicopter, the giant church(?) building, the rocket complex, and a few others I don't remember as well all have just ended with clearly missing pieces. There are things like candles and tvs floating on nothing where they get cutoff so it's clearly missing stuff.

Am I just approaching them too fast for my poor old i5? Do I need to download more ram? Or is it just the game being alpha? Is there some way to fix it?

Despite that minor flaw I'm loving most of the buildings thanks for your time.

I keep having the larger structures get chunks cut off of them. The base on pillars with the helicopter, the giant church(?) building, the rocket complex, and a few others I don't remember as well all have just ended with clearly missing pieces. There are things like candles and tvs floating on nothing where they get cutoff so it's clearly missing stuff.

Am I just approaching them too fast for my poor old i5? Do I need to download more ram? Or is it just the game being alpha? Is there some way to fix it?

Despite that minor flaw I'm loving most of the buildings thanks for your time.

thx for Response - cool u like the COMPOPACK

to the Question:

this is because the rwg-generator-engine is still pretty alpha. It has norhing to do with the prefabs. Its a rwg-world-Issue - not a CP-Issue.

Thanks for the reply. I never thought it was the Compopack, I figured it was my aging hardware or the alpha game being alpha. I guessed that people who know the engine well enough to mess with prefab generation would know what the problem was. That and Steam forums being rather vitriolic is why I asked here.

Thanks for the reply. I never thought it was the Compopack, I figured it was my aging hardware or the alpha game being alpha. I guessed that people who know the engine well enough to mess with prefab generation would know what the problem was. That and Steam forums being rather vitriolic is why I asked here.

yea - no worries buddy - Just wanted to be clear on that ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I play on server with compopack, its server-loaded, I'd install nothing on client. But there are no meshes, and buildings appears only when I close to them. So question is next: Does meshes applies if I install compopack files on client?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but i only skimmed the 1st 2 pages.

Were've installed the War of the Walkers mod on a private server and theres 1 building/base thats PERFECT we saw on the last version of the mod.

Its 3-4 stories tall, covered in camo netting, has a " shark cage " in the bottom ground level. Theres green concrete pillars that you can melle/fight thru that prevent zombies from attacking you and you can loot thru the pillars.

theres a garden on the roof, quite large. 4 room and a kitchen on the 2nd floor. The zombies have access from al 4 sides and walk in. Theres a 1 block wall all around the nottom that you have to leap onto/over.

In the latest version weve found 3, all of them dissapear when we get close........... any help would greatly be appreciated. I looked thru the screen shots of the pre fan custom pac and didnt see it : (

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but i only skimmed the 1st 2 pages.

Were've installed the War of the Walkers mod on a private server and theres 1 building/base thats PERFECT we saw on the last version of the mod.

Its 3-4 stories tall, covered in camo netting, has a " shark cage " in the bottom ground level. Theres green concrete pillars that you can melle/fight thru that prevent zombies from attacking you and you can loot thru the pillars.

theres a garden on the roof, quite large. 4 room and a kitchen on the 2nd floor. The zombies have access from al 4 sides and walk in. Theres a 1 block wall all around the nottom that you have to leap onto/over.

In the latest version weve found 3, all of them dissapear when we get close........... any help would greatly be appreciated. I looked thru the screen shots of the pre fan custom pac and didnt see it : (

That's the NEPA base, and I believe it often disappears close-up when the distant mesh can spawn, but the actual POI can't because of height. This particular POI has a LOT of unnecessary rows of just air saved on top, if you delete those with Pille's editor it should be able to spawn normally.

Was just thinking; since the prefab did NOT spawn where it was supposed to (but obviosly the distant terrain mesh was generated), that means it will still NOT LIKELY SHOW UP when you join that game, so yeh, your admin will have to spawn it manually.

But it will show up in new games.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1glLeJbrayNwAwM06WWrCiHrcuc60Y5YJ

Fixed NEPA base (air blocks above removed. Just paste into your prefab folder.

oh - didnt noticed that bug (air above prefab)

will check the CP-version too

thx for the info

btw:

Iam still working on the COMPOPACK from time to time (I've added almost all nice new prefabs and fixed some bugs so far)

I think there will be another CP for alpha16 (just to keep it up to date)

oh - didnt noticed that bug (air above prefab)

will check the CP-version too

thx for the info

btw:

Iam still working on the COMPOPACK from time to time (I've added almost all nice new prefabs and fixed some bugs so far)

I think there will be another CP for alpha16 (just to keep it up to date)

Thats great news! How many more prefabs will be in newer version compared to the current version?

What is the point of the xvanilla prefabs? Presumably they are vanilla prefabs with modifications, but what sort of modifications went into them?

yes - these are vanilla-prefabs with modifications. The point on that is that IMO these prefabs are better as the origin Ones.

(the xvanilla-armycamp is spawnable in every biome now - the xvanilla-fields have less fruits to collect - the Trailehouse-mixes are collections of the old shady Trailerhouses. (I thought it will be looking `more` on map) )

btw:

this is the current work-Changelog:

CHANGELOG CP30:

CHANGES:

- changed rot on xcostum_Info_Center(by_LuckyStar) from none to 1

- changed some misrotated blocks (Ironbars,lockers) in xcostum_SuperStore(by_Volar)

- changed some misrotated blocks (filecabinets,nightstand) in xcostum_Apartments_Curtilage_Playground(by_magoli)

- changed rot on xcostum_Wooden_Palisade(by_LuckyStar) from 2 to 3

- changed misrotated block (desk) in xcostum_Nuclear_Powerplant(by_Rocky)

- changed some misrotated blocks (shelving/truck) in xcostum_TruckStop(by_magoli)

- changed misrotated blocks (shelves,filecab) in xcostum_Haulier_lg(by_Limodor)

- changed grass to terrainfiller in xcostum_house01(byGuppycur)

- changed grass to terrainfiller in xcostum_house02(byGuppycur)

- changed grass to terrainfiller in xcostum_house03(byGuppycur)

- changed grass to terrainfiller in xcostum_house04(byGuppycur)

- changed grass to terrainfiller in xcostum_house05(byGuppycur)

- changed 0xcostum_Prison(by_Limodur) with a new better version (thx dscobral)

- changed 0xcostum_Alms_house(ex_vanilla_ornate03) with a new better version (thx TopMinder)

- changed 0xcostum_Manorhouse(by_WereWulfen) with a new better version (thx TopMinder)

- changed 0xcostum_Nuket0wn(by_Limodor) with a new better version (thx TopMinder)

NEW PREFABS:

-added xcostum_house_modern_01(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_house_modern_02(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_house_modern_03(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_house_modern_04(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_house_modern_05(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_NotreDamn_(by_tehkarma)

-added xcostum_house_number14(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_bridgesideapartmentsA16(by_Batman)

-added xcostum_FarmerJoesNursery(by_Stallionsden)

-added xcostum_VarietiesDepartmentStore(by_Stallionsden)

-added xcostum_Stonehouse01(by_Tom)

+cleanedup all new prefabs.xml's

+cleanedup removed sleepers outside volumes

+improved sleepervolumes in some of the new prefabs

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i will add 10 more NEW prefabs soon (TopMinder's stuff)

• Roland locked this topic