Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

As much as i hate using max_count="1" lol it will only spawn once. So min_count="1" max_count = "2" will spawn a min of 1 max of 2

Yeah. Min and Max count values are intuitive enough. I don't set a min count and set MaxCount to 1. Still seems to happen semi frequently.

Magoli,

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but in your rwgmixer

line 963: <property name="scale" value="188"/>

but in the last part <biome_spawn_rules>

the terrain range still goes to 255 <terrain_generator range="176,255"/>

Not sure if this is a problem, I made other modifications to mine so not sure if any issues arise form it just wanted to let you know.

Magoli,

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but in your rwgmixer

line 963: <property name="scale" value="188"/>

but in the last part <biome_spawn_rules>

the terrain range still goes to 255 <terrain_generator range="176,255"/>

Not sure if this is a problem, I made other modifications to mine so not sure if any issues arise form it just wanted to let you know.

That won't be an issue. The only thing that is stating is at what height that biome will overwrite a biome that randomly spawned in that height range.

That's from the snow biome and it also is set to spawn randomly at lower levels. The worst that will happen is the snow peaks are a touch shallower at the mountain tops.

Thanks Tin.

One other question, I combined Magoli rgwmixer to get all the new buildings but i did it by hand instead of just replacing because I also remove 90% of the water from the world.

When I start a new world I am seeing this in the log file.

2017-09-01T16:53:20 18.131 WRN Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 16.2(b7)'

Does anyone know if this is a problem or why I am getting it.

Can post additional files if needed.

It is a warning only not an error so I wasn't sure if I needed to be concerned or not.

Thanks

Thanks Tin.

One other question, I combined Magoli rgwmixer to get all the new buildings but i did it by hand instead of just replacing because I also remove 90% of the water from the world.

When I start a new world I am seeing this in the log file.

2017-09-01T16:53:20 18.131 WRN Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 16.2(b7)'

Does anyone know if this is a problem or why I am getting it.

Can post additional files if needed.

It is a warning only not an error so I wasn't sure if I needed to be concerned or not.

Thanks

Nothing to worry about its just using some of the old rwg stuff.

If you want to fully get rid of it and have all the stable stuff.

copy your rwgmixer and put it in a unused folder and a copy of your prefab folder and put it in it also.

Verify your files or just use the launcher to wipe everything (which would be for the best).

Then copy/past your rwgmixer back into the config and replace the prefab folder for yours.

Start a new world and you're off to the races again.

@Kaiser502:

here u are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wo1ccyceas1a13/COMPOPACK11.zip?dl=0

@owl: thx - will check the mesh

@Tin: thx - will check the mesh

@all:

Iam already on the works for the next Release.

(step 1/4 is almost done)

barring unforeseen real life crap, does that mean a week or 2 for a 16.3 release? i'm debating on waiting for compo-pack vs playing now.

If its a day or 2 i can wait.

And yes i know you're not getting paid, and have a real life, so i wouldn't dare get upset about release dates. I'm just simply trying to make an educated guess on starting a new game or not.

As always thank you for putting all this together for us.

barring unforeseen real life crap, does that mean a week or 2 for a 16.3 release? i'm debating on waiting for compo-pack vs playing now.

If its a day or 2 i can wait.

And yes i know you're not getting paid, and have a real life, so i wouldn't dare get upset about release dates. I'm just simply trying to make an educated guess on starting a new game or not.

As always thank you for putting all this together for us.

YEAH - I think i will need about 1 week or 2

thx owl for the report - will check that

thx guys for feedback

Ok man thanks, i would hate to have started a new game to see a release out in a few hours, having to start over after a few hours getting into a new game bothers me as its all work and no play for the first few game days.

for now, im going to try out Valmod , haven't touched it since alpha 16 came out, wanted to test out Vanilla 16 real good first.

curious how it works with all the redone skill systems.

good luck with your endeavor!!

Ok man thanks, i would hate to have started a new game to see a release out in a few hours, having to start over after a few hours getting into a new game bothers me as its all work and no play for the first few game days.

Funny thing here. I think I prefer the earlier days of the game more. I dig the mystery and the leveling and getting that first real base setup the most. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't like resetting after just a few hours, but often by time I reach like day 45 or so, I am ready to wipe.

YEAH - I think i will need about 1 week or 2

thx owl for the report - will check that

thx guys for feedback

Do you tend to do the rwgmixer last? With some of the really weird issues RWG has been having, I wouldn't be surprised if 16.4 was out in a couple weeks.

Really looking forward to using your map collection! Thank you for your efforts!

Do you tend to do the rwgmixer last? With some of the really weird issues RWG has been having, I wouldn't be surprised if 16.4 was out in a couple weeks.

Really looking forward to using your map collection! Thank you for your efforts!

You should try Tin's rwgmixer that uses the compopack. Makes a nice gen, and he gives options and notes in rwgmixer to help you make changes to your liking.

You should try Tin's rwgmixer that uses the compopack. Makes a nice gen, and he gives options and notes in rwgmixer to help you make changes to your liking.

I just might when the next compopack is out. Hoping to see my two prefabs and the Race Track. :-). But yeah, I'll definitely keep an eye out for Tin's rwgmixer! Ty!

Stumbled upon 2 more -

xcostum_Cabin(by_Sudo): the ground floor is partially missing, in the hallway near the kitchen towards the backdoor

xcostum_ZHigh(by_Volar): one set of stairs (right near the parking lots) is half upside down

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22527[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]22528[/ATTACH]

Owl? What world do you do your reviewing in? I was wondering if you guys have a flat rwgmixer that loads all of these.

Owl? What world do you do your reviewing in? I was wondering if you guys have a flat rwgmixer that loads all of these.

I use a customized rwgmixer with one of Tins earlier terrain versions, it has lots of flat areas but also nice mountain ranges, and no water at all. His newest one is even less mountainous. Btw, I watched your tutorial for Pilles editor today, it really helped me get oriented quickly - thank you!

I use a customized rwgmixer with one of Tins earlier terrain versions, it has lots of flat areas but also nice mountain ranges, and no water at all. His newest one is even less mountainous. Btw, I watched your tutorial for Pilles editor today, it really helped me get oriented quickly - thank you!

I'm so glad! Thanks for letting me know it was helpful! :-D

And thanks for the response! I kinda was thinking of doing some rwgmixer that was built specifically for prefab walk throughs. But of course... I'm working on a prefab. A monster prefab at that. :)

• Roland locked this topic

Archived