First Person Model Detail

Personally, I love this game already. I have dumped almost 500+ hours into it.  It's a genuinely good game, fleshed out to be what it's supposed to be. But, I will say, a bit of more first person model detail would make it look great. Being able to see clothes/armor on your character that you have equipped.

Ex.: Wearing scrap armor gloves, you'd be able to see them on your first person view model. You'd see the gloves and bracers. 

But, also being able to see a certain grade of weapon in first person. The lower the tier of weapon, the more makeshift it looks.

Ex.: A tier 1 AK-47 would look like it's barely functioning. Constant wear, parts being replaced with temporary ones.

Just a bit of detail is all. I dunno how hard it truly is trying to make the armor appear on the first person view model, but, again, this is just a suggestion.

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

If they are going to do this they will probably wait until they've finalized the player outfits. Doing it now would be a waste for legacy content.

Understandably so. Optimization and fleshing out the game even more comes first.

Yeah, the character overhaul was "Pushed to A21" so it's at least possible they're working on it as we speak.  That would be the last best hope for any first person model improvements.  What I actually notice more often than the hands not reflecting the character and their outfit are the equipped items.  In particular, that all food uses a generic 'foodish' model.  One can debate what has more impact on the game for the effort involved in making the art, making it performant, and setting it up.

4 hours ago, Banginurz said:

But.... I LIKE eating my wallet when I'm hungry 😛

This should totally be craftable from 2 leather, 10 old cash and 1 duct tape.

Restores -1 hunger, but raises better barter by 7% during the eating animation.  😄

16 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

Yeah, the character overhaul was "Pushed to A21" so it's at least possible they're working on it as we speak.  That would be the last best hope for any first person model improvements.  What I actually notice more often than the hands not reflecting the character and their outfit are the equipped items.  In particular, that all food uses a generic 'foodish' model.  One can debate what has more impact on the game for the effort involved in making the art, making it performant, and setting it up.

It would be nice to see the items reflect their actual images, and hopefully it happens. If not A21, then hopefully another update.