DLX Weapons Fix - [A21 || A20] - Aligned Sights, Aiming directly from the SCOPE and MORE!

DanyEr12LX

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2022 at 8:40 PM, DanyEr12LX said:

NOT TODAY 🔥🔥
UPDATE: TIME FOR THE MAGNUM TO SHINE WITH THE NEW VERSION 1.6.12

Hey guys!
It's been a while since the last update.

I am sorry for not having released any news in this period . . .
Many of you have thought that I have abandoned the development of the Mod, but I can tell you that this is not the case!

Although in this period I have been very busy between study and work, in my free time I costantly dedicate myself to the development of my Mod.

In recent months, instead of developing one weapon at a time, I've been focusing on scripting a library that makes Movement and Shooting Mechanisms much more interesting, taking inspiration from the main First Person Shooters (BF and COD mainly).
I have also made customizable all the parameters used by my library (e.g. the intensity of the recoil).

To do this, you only need to edit an XML file.
Once developed, I will release a video in which I will present and further explain this new addition, including a guide on how to change these individual parameters.

I also opened a donation section, for the Bois who like what I'm developing and want to personally help me in this adventure!

(I recommend to read the section before doing anything)

In these weeks I could upload a preview video of this addition.
In the future I intend to contact and cooperate with the developers of the most famous mods, such as Undead Legancy and Darkness fall, in order to develop a Patch that will make my Mod 100% compatible with these (which already should be to a large extent)

BUT, for the time being, I leave you an update where I have focused on the Magnum, making the iron sight not a disgrace and giving it my 2X Scope, along with other changes made.

So in summary ... NO: I have not stopped developing my Mod but on the contrary I work on it every time I have some free time!

And what I'm trying to do is make the Movement and Shooting Mechanisms much more interesting.

Here is a summary for the Magnum (as far as I remember 😆 It's been a while and I don't remember all the things I've improved).

Fortunately the original Magnum wasn't a complete mess like the previous ones.

• Iron sight is perfectly aligned.
  • Did the same things with textures, Scope, etc.. as the previous guns
  • Improved Magnum Texture on the back of the gun.
  • Improved Magnum Iron Sight Texture.
  • Animated the Extractor (the component that allows you to extract shells from the cylinder).
  • Added a model for the Barrel Extender (which is literally the whole barrel elongated!).
  • Added a model for the Muzzle Brake.

➡️ Stay Tuned for more additions! ✔️

great to have you back!

• 3 weeks later...

First: Fantastic mod!!!

I ran into some kind of bug. Im running the mod together with some other mods, the biggest being Darkness Falls (im attaching a screenshot of my mod folder). Everything worked fine until the AK started to do no dmg and it had no ammo counter in the bottom right corner any more. I cant reload the ak now and its not shooting anymore. So far only the ak has this bug and it didnt had the bug in the start. When i delete the mod now its working again. Using a fresh downloaded version of the mod doesnt help.

Since it has worked at the start und its not fixed when i reinstall the mod im not entirely sure if the mod on its own is the problem here or if its a problem with files from the basegame or another mod.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, GerPaladin said:

First: Fantastic mod!!!

I ran into some kind of bug. Im running the mod together with some other mods, the biggest being Darkness Falls (im attaching a screenshot of my mod folder). Everything worked fine until the AK started to do no dmg and it had no ammo counter in the bottom right corner any more. I cant reload the ak now and its not shooting anymore. So far only the ak has this bug and it didnt had the bug in the start. When i delete the mod now its working again. Using a fresh downloaded version of the mod doesnt help.

Since it has worked at the start und its not fixed when i reinstall the mod im not entirely sure if the mod on its own is the problem here or if its a problem with files from the basegame or another mod.

spacer.png

I'd be willing to bet it's DF changing some things that is the problem. DF is an overhaul, so adding other mods on top of it isn't really a good idea unless they are confirmed to work with it or have a patch to allow compatibility.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/2/2023 at 6:03 PM, Sinz said:

Do you think this mod will work on A21 without need for updating?

Do you have plans to update this mod for A21?

Hello there!

I think my mod might work with alpha 21 as well.

Anyway, I plan to keep developing it and update it for the new version of the game.

At the moment the development of the mod is "paused"

Many things happened during this period, for better and for worse.

Don't worry, soon I will write a post where I explain the events that occurred in this period.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

Any ETA on a new patch? Loving the progress so far!

I managed to have some free time and recover the mental strength necessary to be able to resume the development of this mod a little.

Many events happened during this time - both good and bad.

I felt like writing a long post about everything that happened this year.

About the update of this mod, the Pistol is now finished! I just finished putting the finishing touches on the textures.
I think I can start posting a first version of my updated mod
tomorrow with the Pistol I just made!

Also, I really appreciate that you guys are interested in my mod! I'm glad you guys like it :)

Edited by DanyEr12LX (see edit history)

• DanyEr12LX changed the title to DLX Weapons Fix - [A21 || A20] - Aligned Sights, Aiming directly from the SCOPE and MORE!

UPDATE: TIME FOR THE PISTOL TO SHINE WITH THE NEW VERSION 2.0.0

Hey Guys! 

I just released a New Update 🔥🔥

In this Update I focused on Pistol.

I just updated my Mod for Alpha 21.
At the moment it contains only the Pistol.

Over time I will also update the remaining weapons, and will continue to add new ones!

UPDATE: TIME FOR THE PISTOL TO SHINE WITH THE NEW VERSION 2.1.46

Hey Guys! 

I just released a New Update 🔥🔥

In this Update I focused on AK47.

I'm updating all my weapons for the Alpha 21.

I just finished converting my AK47 to the new version,

and I also took the opportunity to improve the look of the Pistol.

At the moment my Mod contains the Pistol and the AK47.

Over time I will also update the remaining weapons, and will continue to add new ones!