Change how Dismemberment Works

I'm new to modding and I tried to change the base chance of dismemberment on entityclasses.xml

The issue is that even with "100%" Chance, it doesn't dismember all the time. I'm pretty sure there is a variable that corelates to damage and I have looked on XML.txt about Zombie Limbs Dismemberment.

private float GetDamageFraction(float _damage) { return _damage / zombie.GetMaxHealth() ;}

GetDamageOverlimit = Max(0, GetDamageFraction(bodyDamage.RightLowerLeg + _damage)- ec.LowerLegDismemberThreshold)

baseChance = ec.LowerLegDismemberBaseChance + (GetDamageOverlimit * ec.LowerLegDismemberBonusChance);

totalChance = canDismember ? (baseChance + _weaponBase + (_damage * _weaponBonus)) : 0f;

totalChance is the actual chance for limb dismemberment.

Even with the "Formula" it doesn't make sense, Such as what is LowerLegDismemberBaseChance and LowerLegDismemberThreshold. Also its a bit of a mess trying to figure out what the formula means anyway.

If TFP or Anyone have any sources on Dismember Chance, I would like to hear it

• 5 months later...

Hi ! I'm sorry, I don't have the answer BUT I would like to know that too ! I'm trying to create a similar mod and It's super hard without changing this formula ...

Dismemberment works in a very weird way at the moment and it's just not balanced at all ! I mean, why does people will shoot the legs if you deal 3 times more damage to the head AND you have the same chance (or maybe more if this is linked to damage dealt) to dismember ?! It needs to be changed !  

I've done some researches and I've found just one clue to modify or just understand this formula ... You MAYBE have to search in the file nammed "Assembly-CSharp.dll" (can be found in : steam/steammaps/common/7DaysToDie/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed)

Link talking about this: 

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to understand this type of content and I guess you don't too if you're new to modding ^^'

What is your goal exactly ? Do you want to change dismember chances in function of hit locations ? In function of the type of enemy (Feral, Radiated ...) ? In function of the weapon used ? Because you can do some basic things without changing the formula ^^

PS: I hope it was understandable, sorry I don't speak english very well ^^'

Edited by OkaniYoshiiiFR (see edit history)