Joke Mod Version 2

RizzoMF

Welcome to Joke Mod!
THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS!!

Version 2

This mod is about 85% a joke, 10% serious, 5% butterscotch ripple. It has been an idea for years and is finally a realization. It literally started as a joke and grew from there. The mod has been made so that players can have a serious playthrough and not just log in for 5 minutes, have some laughs, and never play it again. Although some people might still do that. Rude!

This mod was thought up/created by RizzoMF and Zilox with consultation from Khaine and killerbunny264. Thanks also to our testers RedDaBoo, Dobbers, Jbirdgaming_, hijarl, darkness_from_above, Ecktos, peachykeen80, and Yubinashi . Also, a big thank you to my community for the ideas and support!

Community members from whom ideas were stolen, er used: turbodiarrhea_, killerbunny264, Hehahigh, drbananastbagsyou, Hijarl, CloudZayne, xpenguin84x, Dobbers, and anyone else we may have missed.

Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/joke_mod

Join the Discord: Joke Mod Discord

How to download: (Make sure EAC is OFF!)

- Mod Launcher

- Direct Download

Want to run a server with the mod? Just yeet the same files into the mods folder on your server.

Need to rent a server? Check out G Portal! I have used them for a few years now and love their servers and prices! Use this link and get 5% off:  g-portal.us/?ref=RizzoMF

Now bear in mind this is a new mod and while we try to test everything, there may be bugs/balance issues. Please report any bugs on the appropriate Discord channel. Also, use modlets with Joke Mod at your own risk! We cannot ensure compatibility.

Features Short List:

Added: Zombies, animals, guns, melee weapons, food/drinks, medical items, quests, work stations, clothing, armor, junk, magazines

All item recipes removed from the skill tree. Recipes can only be learned from schematics

New skill tree section: Joker

Removed trader protection & set open times to almost always open

Removed: weapon/tool parts

All night horde nights

Modlets Included:
- No Zombie Rage (by Mythix)
- Vehicle Sound Fix (by Khaine)
- Vehicle Damage Patch (by Khaine)
- 12 Slot Toolbelt (by Khaine)
- Disable Trader Protection (by Khaine)
- Custom Particle Loader (by closer_ex)
- Full Auto Launcher (by closer_ex)

- Schematic List Tracker (by Robear & Adredan Gaming)

Features Almost Everything List:

(For the complete list of Version 2 features, go here: Contains Spoilers!

Zombies: Mega Karen, Annoying Kid, Jasper the Friendly Zombie, Super Steve, Skeleton, Clown, G.I. Joel

Animals: Pig, Cow, Bull, Baby Bear, Scorpions, Goose, Snail, Shark, Crocodile, Rage @%$#, Giant Murder Chickens, House Cat, Flappy Bird, & a special extinct surprise

Quests:
- Custom yellow challenge notes
- Trader quests with different objectives
- High tier trader quests
- Night time buried quests

Food:
- New food and drinks
- Hurray! You can farm the land once again! Garden hoe added back in and you can hoe the ground
- Canned food has dysentery again, aww crap.
- Actually, all food has various levels of dysentery. You aren't a master chef after all.

Medical:
- Infection has been replaced with Stink. You ALWAYS have a stink and you must keep it under control with various items.
- New candies with various effects

Quests:
- Starter quest shortened
- New trader quest with a great end reward
- Added Buried Treasure 4-6 tier

Weapons:
- Melee - clubs, blades, spears
- Guns - 11 ballistic, 1 explosive, 3 laser, and a few special guns
- Custom landmines

Tools:
- New tiers - plant fiber, plastic, and cutlery tools
- Power tool mods to make them melee weapons

Clothing/Armor
- Eyewear with various effects
- Armor mods
- New tiers - paper, gore, bomb squad

Everything Else:
- Removed zombie rage mechanic
- Lockable inventory slots
- New resource - Gore
- Lot's of pointless items
- Custom paintings
- Some containers destroy on close
- Additional water sources - if it looks like one, it probably is!
- Advanced work stations
- Removed weapon/tool parts from loot/recipes
- Removed learned recipes from the skill tree
- ALL recipes/schematics must be found in the world
- Mod slots - 1 per item quality
- Custom perk tree
- Custom magazines
- Bigger backpack
- Larger toolbelt (Khaines modlet)
- Trader protection off - Open almost 24/7
- Custom vehicles
- World decor
- Custom POI
- Workstations can be picked up and repaired
- POI lights can be turned on and off
- Player Level, Lootstage, and Deaths on UI

In conclusion, thank you to everyone who at least tries this mod. It won't be for everyone but we still appreciate the time taken to try it!

Want a breakdown of what Joke Mod is all about? Watch this video!

Edited by RizzoMF
Added information to Modlets Included (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

On my first playthrough (inspired by Capp00) and loving it !  I have a question about stink, the mod seems to be telling me two opposite things - there are plenty of ways to reduce stink and we're told we have to keep it under control, but looking at the stink power skill it looks like more stink is a good thing. Should I just let my stink get up to 100 and celebrate stinking so bad that I am a rad removal mod, or should I keep it down at a sensible number and the stink power skill will work even if my stink is down around 10 ?

Awesome mod, well done everyone !

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Grolbu said:

On my first playthrough (inspired by Capp00) and loving it !  I have a question about stink, the mod seems to be telling me two opposite things - there are plenty of ways to reduce stink and we're told we have to keep it under control, but looking at the stink power skill it looks like more stink is a good thing. Should I just let my stink get up to 100 and celebrate stinking so bad that I am a rad removal mod, or should I keep it down at a sensible number and the stink power skill will work even if my stink is down around 10 ?

Awesome mod, well done everyone !

If you let it get to 100% bad things will happen. I would recommend keeping it as low as possible. The purpose of the stink power perk is to give you benefits for having the stink go up faster, but it does not necessarily mean that having high stink is a good thing.

Yes, it got to 100% and bad things did happen (although the party didn't which was disappointing LOL). I had mint chews and anti-stink pills and even a urinal cake but I couldn't use any of them, I guess there are numbers above which you need level 2 and then level 3 stink control - no idea what they might be, the adventure continues. 

8 minutes ago, Grolbu said:

Yes, it got to 100% and bad things did happen (although the party didn't which was disappointing LOL). I had mint chews and anti-stink pills and even a urinal cake but I couldn't use any of them, I guess there are numbers above which you need level 2 and then level 3 stink control - no idea what they might be, the adventure continues. 

Yes there are higher ones, won't spoil them for you though, you'll know when you see them.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Warpspawn said:

managed to get the whirlybird blueprints, built it. it goes up, down left and right and backwards, it don't seem to like forwards. looks nice though parked on the lawn. lol

Tilt it forward with space-bar to go forward. It's similar to the gyrocoper where c and space are used for tilt.

I've run into what I think is a bug.  Whenever I generate a new map with a seed (instead of leaving the seed field blank) the quest Don't Get Cocky doesn't display a way point and cannot be completed.  I'm not trying to use any specific seed, I just make up random seed names to get more than one map of each size.  Prior to alpha 20 I used Nitrogen to generate maps so I don't have a lot of experience using seeds in the in-game map generator so maybe I'm doing something wrong?