Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Obviously you dissed yourself. Alternate universes aren't actually real.

Maybe I did Roland of earth 76998764456445667890348219823894598393457957934857330980945805309450934585083479383489579696939837934569239347923472397239239848957918934729-K

45 minutes ago, Zoe Lycan said:

What I honestly think is that TFP should have moved this project into a new modern engine.

Changing the engine wouldn't necessarily help and a lot of rewriting would be required. But it is also not the case that the old Unity version is still used. In A21, Unity will be updated to version 2021.3. A20 runs on Unity 2020.3 as far as I know.

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

With every change, someone says they do it to slow down progress. Only the Fun Pimps know if this is true.

Let's put it this way, if I'm still running around with stone tools on day 14, it's too slow.

Just to clarify... I didn't mean "slow progression" negatively. Personally, I think most of us veterans get bored fast after the first few in-game weeks because we know the game inside-out, and can use all the known "tricks" to, so to say, jump some steps to reach end-game. So, adding additional mechanics to extend the survival struggle, is viewed definitely as a positive from me.

It's well known that TFP introduced loot staging and primitive or pipe weapons exactly for this purpose.

So, no, not "only the Fun Pimps know", because they already shared their plan with us in the past.

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

uhhhh... What did ya say young man?  😁

any news about skeletons and newsstands😭 Any screens of hope!... just void of depair....  just.... endless library of LBL - just endless corridor with crates full of books... but any informations about skeleton prop... just poor forgotten skeleton.... Just... sitting skeleton on chair in newsstand to finaly make 7dtd full.... it's so close but... so far away

6 hours ago, Matt115 said:

any news about skeletons and newsstands😭 Any screens of hope!... just void of depair....  just.... endless library of LBL - just endless corridor with crates full of books... but any informations about skeleton prop... just poor forgotten skeleton.... Just... sitting skeleton on chair in newsstand to finaly make 7dtd full.... it's so close but... so far away

Actually, they've been secretly working on a brand new Learn By Newsstands (LBN) system... basically you can only learn stuff in magazines you find at newsstands, BUT only after you defeat (or bribe) the skeletons that are guarding them. :heh:

2 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

giphy.gif

Are those bandits... in their "basic form"?? :confused2:

42 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Guys please ask Madmole or someone maybe they will agree to show us this critical improve ☠️

Madmole is against skeletons because they don't body-build, sorry :wink:

Edited by Jost Amman
spacing (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Actually, they've been secretly working on a brand new Learn By Newsstands (LBN) system... basically you can only learn stuff in magazines you find at newsstands, BUT only after you defeat (or bribe) the skeletons that are guarding them. :heh:

You might be onto something there... will bring it up in our next level design meeting whether we have enough magazines in our news stands....and demolishers....😅

1 hour ago, Roland said:

18 Times Tumblr Proved America Must Adopt The Metric System

PFF Moon? it was popular in 80*!

Now flying cars are mainstream!

Poland can into .... air?🙃

(btw this car looks a little bit like 7dtd car..... 7dtd 2 should take place in Poland😜)

Na rondzie prosto. Samochód wystrzelił jak z katapulty - Polsat News

1 hour ago, Morloc said:

What if these are METRIC decades Mr. Smarty-Pants!? 🤨

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

Well i'm 100% sure that snowdog measure in... feets 

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

(btw this car looks a little bit like 7dtd car..... 7dtd 2 should take place in Poland😜)

The problem is the sign... the driver was just following the directions. 

2 hours ago, Morloc said:

What if these are METRIC decades Mr. Smarty-Pants!? 🤨

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

Please, no!  It's bad enough we use imperial instead of metric (most of the time) in the US.  If we had metric time as well, I think I'd cry.  Bad enough to have 12-hour and 24-hour time.

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

When I was young, all the Blonde jokes we tell now started out as Polish jokes...just saying. ❤️❤️

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Thanks for circling the car in red.  I would have never found it.

On 10/12/2022 at 3:02 PM, Syphon583 said:

Just curious what you mean by the knives don't feel like weapons. What is it about them (besides using them to slash/stab zombies to damage and cause bleeds) that would make them feel more like weapons?

I guess it's the minimal damage those two particular knives do. I know it's likely for balance, as they do high sneak damage, but I don't generally see people using bladed weapons as weapons until they have a machete. That, plus the fact that they are the best items to use to harvest corpses and animals, makes them feel more like tools rather than weapons.

13 hours ago, Laz Man said:

You might be onto something there... will bring it up in our next level design meeting whether we have enough magazines in our news stands....and demolishers....😅

Matt : I`ll get this and this

Demo : beep, beep, beep ..

Matt: wait, that`s not the sound of the cash register

Demo : Boom 

• Roland unpinned this topic