Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Crater Creator

Crater Creator

10 hours ago, Roland said:

How awesome would it be, if each section of that bandit's armor was randomly present or not on each bandit?

• Instead of the player reacting, "Oh, this is the heavy one, I have to shoot him more," the reaction could be, "Aha, this one's right leg is unprotected!
  • The bandits would look more irregular as an organization, rather than all carrying standardized (albeit post-apocalyptic) equipment for their combat role.
  • They'd have more individual variety when seen in groups.

The best character art still falls apart when multiple characters are inexplicable clones.  My fear is we'll see the one on the left in game and be able to say, "Oh yeah, red bandana dude. That's banditSteve. He runs at the tier 3 speed, and has iron knuckles and a double-barreled shotgun, every time."  That gets old after the first ten or a hundred of them.

And yes, I would hope the same system (call it 'random character generation' to complement random world generation), if added, could be used for zombies.

Crater Creator

Crater Creator

10 hours ago, Roland said:

How awesome would it be, if each section of that bandit's armor was randomly present or not on each bandit?

• Instead of the player reacting, "Oh, this is the heavy one, I have to shoot him more," the reaction could be, "Aha, this one's right leg is unprotected!
  • The bandits would look more irregular as an organization, rather than all carrying standardized (albeit post-apocalyptic) equipment for their combat role.

The best character art still falls apart when multiple characters are inexplicable clones.  My fear is we'll see the one on the left in game and be able to say, "Oh yeah, red bandana dude. That's banditSteve. He has fast run speed, iron knuckles and a double-barreled shotgun, every time."  That gets old after the first ten or a hundred of them.

And yes, I would hope the same system (call it 'random character generation' to complement random world generation), if added, could be used for zombies.

Crater Creator

Crater Creator

9 hours ago, Roland said:

The best character art still falls apart when multiple characters are inexplicable clones.  My fear is we'll get, "Oh yeah, red bandana dude. That's banditSteve. He has iron knuckles and a double-barreled shotgun, every time."  That gets old after the first ten or a hundred of them.