Stainless Steel

II Blittz II

Can Steel be upgraded to Stainless Steel on console? I accidentally click the upgrade button on a steel block and it said I didn't have said material. Shortly after seeing that, I looked it up online and it said that Steel can be upgraded to Stainless Steel which I never knew was a thing, lol! If so, what do you need in order to upgrade Steel to Stainless Steel?

After doing some research, I guess the only way to get Reinforce Steel polish is buying it from Trader Joel. And it supposedly costs $2,700 coins just for 1 bottle which it takes 10 bottles to upgrade 1 block. That is ridiculous and not even worth spending coins on, lol! However, I can see if it was maybe $2,700 for a stack of 50 bottles, but $2,700 for 1 is just insane haha. It would of been nice to have shinny steel, but I'm just gonna have to stick with regular steel blocks because that is way too expensive and overpriced imo.

Quite right. Though in alpha14/15 item prices were not balanced very well and there were a few "money makers", i.e. things you could craft that would sell for too much money.

For example check out anything you can craft with iron (plus other easily available stuff) that stacks and look at the sales price. You might find something that allows you to get stacks of money with relatively low effort.

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

Quite right. Though in alpha14/15 item prices were not balanced very well and there were a few "money makers", i.e. things you could craft that would sell for too much money.

For example check out anything you can craft with iron (plus other easily available stuff) that stacks and look at the sales price. You might find something that allows you to get stacks of money with relatively low effort.

Oh, good idea, I'm definitely going to look into that. Thanks for the info! 😁

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Simple things like stacks of Tallow net a good price too. Mind you, being at Day 210 currently on the only map that hasn't failed me yet, it took a while to figure that one out. 

Antibiotics are great for coin too. Make em in the Chem station to have a decent steady supply of em to burn through. 

• 1 month later...