Medic Plus

intrepidly

Due to personal reasons and life events, I had to take an extended break from modding. I am back and working on many projects and new mods!

This mod is not yet updated and is in the process of a transition. Medic Plus will become a stand-alone modlet which will extend medic gameplay and items. All of the drug and addiction changes are being moved to a new project which will be revealed at a later date.

DISCLAIMER: This is my FIRST MOD! There is a good chance there will be bugs or balancing issues. I would like to consider my mod an "alpha" and ask anyone who is interested to give my mod a try. I will bug fix any requests expeditiously on top of improving my mod whenever I have the time. More content will be coming, as this mod is nowhere near finished. Furthermore, this will be my first modlet in a modpack which will be a Vanilla Enhancment style modpack.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2034

Current Version: 1.2.2

Planned Changes (none are guaranteed)
- Healing darts ammunition
- Deployable healing items (healing areas)
- Medic Armor or Armor Mods (self healing / drug application)

Change Log v1.2.2
- Fixed some Buffs not properly shutting down

Change Log v1.2.1
- Fixed Withdrawals not properly shutting down

Change Log v1.2
- Fixed Fort Bites display
- Adjusted Infection chances on medical items to be lower
- Adjusted Addiction chances to be lower
- Fixed items not healing others properly

Healing and Debuff System Rebalanced

•     Early game healing carries a risk of infection.
  •     Healing now has a larger curve with weaker early game healing but stronger late game healing items.
  •     Lacerations can be treated by all healing items, but early game items will only close it temporarily.
  •     You can now treat sprains, the better the healing item used, the faster the sprain heals.
  •     Enemies have a higher chance of applying critical injuries.
  •     Fatigue and concussions can no longer be instantly healed but reduced by 50%. Effect stacks (e.g. 10min to 5min, 5min to 2.5min, etc.)

Candy/Drugs Buffed and Rebalanced

•     All candy/drugs now have a duration of 10 mins that stacks up to 15 mins.
  •     Most candy/drugs have had multiple new effects added.
  •     All candy/drugs have been added to the loot pools (very rare).
  •     All drugs can be bought in vending machines (thins out pool).
  •     Traders will sell all candy/drugs (their prices are also increased in vending machines).
  •     All candy/drugs have a % chance to become addicted. (see Addiction and Withdrawal System)

Addiction and Withdrawal System

•     Each drug/candy has a % chance for you to become addicted.
  •     Take more of the same drug/candy, or detox, to counter the effects.
  •     Candy/Drugs cannot be taken while using Detox.
  •     Only detox will remove the addiction for good.
  •     The effects will start off very minor and gradually get worse.
  •     All drugs and candy follow this system:

Stage 01) First hour and a half, very minor effects. Just annoying.

Stage 02) Next hour, quite noticeable effects.

Stage 03) Last half hour, very noticeable effects.

After Stage 03, the withdrawal just ends and you're back to normal.

•     Taking a drug you are addicted to will remove half an hour from the withdrawal timer.
  •     Being in a state of recovery will have more mild effects (depends on stage of withdrawal).
  •     These effects are different for every drug/candy and themed around them.

•  
Edited by intrepidly
Mod Updated (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, intrepidly said:

Not sure how to edit original post so here's the latest change log:

Change Log v1.2

- Fixed Fort Bites display
- Adjusted Infection chances on medical items to be lower
- Adjusted Addiction chances to be lower
- Fixed items not healing others properly

Planned Changes v1.0 (none are guaranteed)
- Healing darts ammunition
- Deployable healing items (healing areas) [time bomb?]
- Medic Armor (self healing / drug application)

Goto right hand side of original post you will see these 3 dots 

713643406_Forms1.thumb.jpg.178c6620f602093736fec39897d88994.jpg

Click and you will see options  ..click on edit, when finished you get a submit / edit post option and bottom of the edited post.

637374222_Forms2.thumb.png.78613e146ac8fa84274a786055c74554.png

Hope this helps

Regards

Ragsy !!

On 3/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

Goto right hand side of original post you will see these 3 dots 

713643406_Forms1.thumb.jpg.178c6620f602093736fec39897d88994.jpg

Click and you will see options  ..click on edit, when finished you get a submit / edit post option and bottom of the edited post.

637374222_Forms2.thumb.png.78613e146ac8fa84274a786055c74554.png

Hope this helps

Regards

Ragsy !!

I don't have an edit option.

EDIT: I apparently had to finish working on my profile for this button to appear. Thanks for spending your time to help me!

Edited by intrepidly
Clarification (see edit history)

This issue should be fixed, from what I have been able to test. I put in some back up shutdown measures for each withdrawal as well to ensure proper shutdown in any outlier cases I may have overlooked. Please try the newest version (1.2.1). Thanks!

9 hours ago, intrepidly said:

Sorry for the inconvenience, this is my first mod! Can you tell me which withdrawal it was?

I checked the buff code, and the bug that cannot be completely removed is because onSelfBuffUpdate was missed in the remade buff, you should have ignored it. Let's look at the buff with buffDrugCovertCatsPlus, which contains <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffDrugCovertCats">. He should be <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffDrugCovertCatsPlus">

On 3/6/2022 at 1:15 PM, intrepidly said:

Thanks a lot! Feel free to leave any ideas or balancing concerns. Keep an eye out for future updates as well!

Ok, so i stream on Twitch and found a slight.. inconvenience. I use Twitch Integration and when i was infected, i had a view spawn in a med crate. The Honey that the crate has in it no longer helps with infection (which is fine, though i think it should at least be 1% if you don't want it to be the full 5.) 

So i made a quick modlet/patch that adjusts the Twitch loot for meds to include your mod items. I can send it to you and let you look it over to make sure you think it's balanced and then you can feel free to publish it yourself (no obligation to give credit if you don't want, it is just a Loot xml that removes twitch med loot and replaces it with a custom twitch med loot)

let me know if you want this or if you are already working on your own

• 1 month later...

GREAT mod! I love it! Ran into one issue (cross-link to bug report on nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2034?tab=bugs) with sprains. Got a sprained arm. Applied splint. 59m run-time until status reverts to normal (so I think). Anyhow. 59m clock never runs down. I think the issue occurred when I sustained a sprain (and treated it properly) and then logged off server.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 12:25 AM, wokkawokka said:

GREAT mod! I love it! Ran into one issue (cross-link to bug report on nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2034?tab=bugs) with sprains. Got a sprained arm. Applied splint. 59m run-time until status reverts to normal (so I think). Anyhow. 59m clock never runs down. I think the issue occurred when I sustained a sprain (and treated it properly) and then logged off server.

Same i got it to recently, but i didnt know if it affect the debuff or just display glitch

other than that havent occure any problem, good mod so far. maybe add one quick antibiotic for early game?

thanks