A21.1 VideoPlayers Mod

xyth

wow people seem to love it, my first post on reddit got a lot of upvotes. 

i tried sth stupid, i copied the videoplayer mod folder and renamed it videoplayer2 and i replaced some lines of code with a 2 at the end. for example when there is line "billboard" i renamed it "billboard2" 

when i start the game, i can see the assets in the building menu but when i try to place it i get an error that a unity3d file is already in use. damn i was so close :)

Edited by JohnnyKix (see edit history)

Uploaded new version.  Drive-in screens shader changed for full brightness at night.  Increase sound range to 100M on Drive-in screen, 50M on smaller theater screen.  Increased activation distance in xml on drive-in screen to 30M so you don't have to fly up to the screen to change movies. 

if i had work i would donate right now. I will donate to you sometime in future because you are a kind man and a great modder. 

thank you, i will download right now. I wish I was a rich, I would give you a bunch of money and make a huge mod wishlist for you to code. 

How can I learn to do this? I want to start slow of course. For example I would like to change the sounds the zombies make, when they die. Add soundfx so to speak. 

And again, is it somehow possible to use the videoplayer mod multiple times by renaming some codelines? I have several bases and all of them have videoplayers. Everytime I am approaching a base that playlist starts playing and it always starts with the same(the first video.00) video. But i want seperate playlists for the bases, so if I approach base 1 movie1 is played and if I approach base 2 video2 is played. I wanna give every base its different feel by playing the fitting music or video. Oh god, i wanna do so much, i have so many ideas. I envy you brother, modding is a great gift, i hope you are aware of it. Dont take it for granted. Bringt it to the next level, dont stop. 

On 5/20/2022 at 7:06 AM, earh0x said:

Heya, thanks for this mod! You mentioned in the video that you can assign a URL to the player, sorry if I just plain missed it, but how do you do that? Thanks again, great work!

Unfortunately, that assignment has to be done in Unity then the player reexported.  

On 5/21/2022 at 9:42 PM, JohnnyKix said:

can we dublicate the videoplayer mod so we have 2 seperate playlists somehow?

Probably not something I will do in the near future.   The NPCCore mod is my priority, and until Summer my modding time is limited.

The mod needs to be loaded on both the client and the server.   The server may need its startup config edited depending if it has a graphics card or not but I dont see that error in your screenshot.  Link to log needed for more support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, xyth said:

It might be possible to duplicate the Mod under a different name, then renaming the unity3d file in that mod, and editing the xml to use the new name.  Never tried that though.

I think inside your unity3d file, your models also need to have unique names from the original copy of the mod. I seem to remember trying this before, and it choked on two mods/unity3d files using the exact same model name.

• 2 months later...

This mod totally good, I love it. But unfortunately also there is a disadvantage: The videos have to much contrast and in generell to bright. Gray becomes white, nuances in the skin tones disappear. The shadows are without details, there grays are turned into black. (on the tv screens). To be honest, good videos with lots of subtle details in colors are looking bad.

I assume that this is because the blocks are provided with additional brightness, so that you can see the videos even in the dark? In fact, the screens are almost lightsources now.

I think this was not the case in the version for Alpha 19, so better.  Is it possible to turn off this artificial brightening?

Edited by kwerzen (see edit history)

Each new alpha seems to change how the game handles particular shaders, which control things like brightness.  A21 will bring even greater changes, so its unlikely I will be able to do much with this until A21 drops.

11 hours ago, Luxen said:

Can't seem to get this mod to work. I connect a wire to a screen, turn it on, and all i get is a black screen. I haven't changed any of the video files that came with the mod so it's most likely not an encoding issue.

Did you try to change the channel by pressing the E key?  If that doesn't work, the mod likely didn't load properly.  If you link your log file, we can help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 9:26 PM, xyth said:

Each new alpha seems to change how the game handles particular shaders, which control things like brightness.  A21 will bring even greater changes, so its unlikely I will be able to do much with this until A21 drops.

Ok. I understand. Thanks for the answer. Luckely your A19 mod workds in 20 also. The difference is really huge, like day from night, so I use the "old" one. Nonetheless - it makes fun, it's great.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have them working on my dedicated server but can't seem to find a way so that the videos in the server's mod files are the ones my server members see. At the moment its working individually. Any help is much appreciated, was planning on playing thick44 marathon on server.

2 hours ago, grillo said:

Have them working on my dedicated server but can't seem to find a way so that the videos in the server's mod files are the ones my server members see. At the moment its working individually. Any help is much appreciated, was planning on playing thick44 marathon on server.

The video files on the server and client need to be the same.  I'm guessing your talking about sync between the server and clients, so all clients see the same video?  I dont think that's possible in this codeless version. 

On 2/6/2023 at 3:24 AM, XDM said:

im getting a pink screen and no sound for it now. back in a19 it was working fine but this updated version for a20 not working for me

I'd need to see your game log to help identify your issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...