A21.1 VideoPlayers Mod

xyth

I found this on google. It's a .xml loop command for making animations. I think a little tweaking could make it work for you.

<frameset>
  <start>1</start>
  <end>3</end>
  <prefix>./image</prefix>
  <suffix>.png</prefix>
</frameset>

Does it make sense to upscale a video? lets say a 640p video to 1080p and 60 fps to work better on the theater screen and billboard or will that only increase the size but not drastically the quality. I tried with a video but that went from 100 MB to more than 2 GB and i don't know if its worth it.

40 minutes ago, xyth said:

I found lower resolution worked almost as well, and uses less memory.

thx. good to know because that will save a  lot disk space.

And what could cause screens to get turned off or reset? I had 4 screens in my base playing 4 different videos.  I have been busy building my base, i also minimized the game a few times (while not paused) to watch a YT video and i noticed once i got back to my "living room" in my base that all screens were playing video00 instead of the ones i set them too and another time 2 were playing vid 00 and 2 were turned off.

my fav mod but we need updates dude. I want a specific video played on loop for a specific Tvplayer. I need to seperate the vids somehow, you know? all 12 in loop doesnt cut it. I need some vids just for my adult cinema, i need some hollywood movies for my car cinema, and some vids for my anime cinema. We need a way to categrize or seperate them, PLEASE!!!!

23 minutes ago, silvergoon said:

my fav mod but we need updates dude. I want a specific video played on loop for a specific Tvplayer. I need to seperate the vids somehow, you know? all 12 in loop doesnt cut it. I need some vids just for my adult cinema, i need some hollywood movies for my car cinema, and some vids for my anime cinema. We need a way to categrize or seperate them, PLEASE!!!!

Maybe it's time for you to learn how to mod. :)

1 hour ago, silvergoon said:

Maybe if you got a video editor and joined all the videos you want into one file. I use Camtasia, but there is a windows video editor I think.

See each time you turn them on/off they play the next video. So you can make up to 12 videos and by turning the screens on/off you can get the one you want to show up.

Edited by Zagan (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, JohnnyKix said:

there is a huge drive in cinema in the map already. why dont you make a player which fits perfectly on that giant screen? even the biggest screen of your mod is too small for that giant cinema. I uploaded a picture for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18JSn8nzKe7AXL1jELoALGhwsTJSOABNj/view?usp=sharing

Yea, that's doable.  When I return from modding break I can add it to the mod.

Sadly it looks like due to the offset on that POI screen, the old screen needs to be removed before placing new screen.  Otherwise it sticks out 1/2 a block from old screen.  I have to do a bit of alignment, and maybe make a new material for the screen , as im using Mweb now so it doesn't have structural integrity issues.  

i was gonna say that but i thought you will realize yourself. I have no problem with breaking the original screen first to place the new one. this looks awesome mate. gimme gimme gimme :)

and please seperate this mod in 3 mods. so i can place like 3 screens, but each screen has their own loop of 3-6 videos. As of now, it always loops all the 12 videos and always starts from the beginning, which can get annoying quickly. i would love to have 1 screen for films only, 1 screen for retrocommercials and 1 screen for cartoons.

58 minutes ago, JohnnyKix said:

i was gonna say that but i thought you will realize yourself. I have no problem with breaking the original screen first to place the new one. this looks awesome mate. gimme gimme gimme :)

and please seperate this mod in 3 mods. so i can place like 3 screens, but each screen has their own loop of 3-6 videos. As of now, it always loops all the 12 videos and always starts from the beginning, which can get annoying quickly. i would love to have 1 screen for films only, 1 screen for retrocommercials and 1 screen for cartoons.

Once you get to the movie you want, pressing E locks it.

Added a "DriveInScreen" block to the mod.    A couple of issues:   the screen is 21x10x1, but the xml multidim property is set to (10,10,1) because values larger than 15 or so causes "Not a parent" red errors in the console.   The other is because the screen is so big, its very difficult to place, so use helper column of blocks to find the center then remove those after its placed.  Even then, the screen wont actually place unless you get just the right angle.  This game doesn't like huge blocks, so you will need some patience to place this screen.  

12 minutes ago, JohnnyKix said:

so the screen is only 10x10x1 ?

i cant switch it on or off with E, no reaction

Incorrect.  The screen is 21x10x1, only the placement outline is 10 by 10 to avoid the error.  Like all videothings, you need to add a wire using the wire tool, then you can remove that wire.  That is required to power up the screen.

there is a weird thing with the size. left and right of the screen are only half blocks, which makes it imposible to center. hard to describe. 

nevermind i just build a new high pole, thx buddy, this mod i love so much. 

now please please make a mod 3 times, so i can build tv2, billboard2, driveinscreen2 and so on, so i can have different playlist categorized,please master. lol

some additional points if you are interedted

the video and sound are not synch since v20, no matter what i do.

the sound radius of the driveinscreen is to small, it doesnt reach until parking spots in the back. i realized that the billboard has a much bigger radius.