[A21] - The Winchester - mini overhaul mod - Updated for A21.2 b30

w00kien00kie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

didn't play 7dtd for a while but this is probably the mod i was waiting for.

since a18 i'm extremely unhappy with the cities-are-no-longer-scary situation, raising overall biome spawns was kind of meh, never wanted full ravenhearst madness, thanks for sharing that, really looking forward trying it out. :)

23 hours ago, theoilver said:

Where do I install this folder, please?

Libs/A20

I tried to move all the mods from the Winchester folder to my manually created Mods folder. Now I am getting error messages and the game wouldn't start. I am using Alpha 20.5

I had the same problem. Copied 20.5 B2 stable to a new folder. Dropped in the Winchester mods file from the download. When I tried to start the game I got a red error message 'MissingFieldException: Field 'XUiC_GamePrefSelector'. Without the mods folder the game worked fine.

Edited by Akrux (see edit history)

19 hours ago, erlgrey said:

20.3 gives no error, last good version for this mod i think

I reinstalled with 20.3 and now its working fine. Thanks for the advice.

I am playing at insane and wow there are a lot of zombies in town. Lots of experience opportunities.

Does anyone know the magic number of how close you have to stay to a drop crate?

First time I went to one the zombies spawned (around 10 or 12) and thinking it was a one time thing I did my patented (backup while shooting and love tapping them with my sledge)

When they were dead I ran back to get my loot and more spawned. So I killed those and slowly crept in hoping I could reach the crate before they spawned...lol you can guess how that worked out.

So killed them again. This time I moved in and started circling the crate in what I thought was a fairly close distance and picked them off.

After killing them and approaching again...you got it. Bam, zombies.

So I wouldn't mind if someone would let me know if there is a proper way to get an airdrop.

PS: I did get a ton of xp though so there is that lol. I can see some players using this as a super screamer...not even bothering to open the crate :D

2 hours ago, w00kien00kie said:

It should be around 30 blocks radius from the airdrop. 

If people what to cheat and get lots of XP theyre only cheating themselves lol

Thank you, and yes there will be those that use it to their advantage

is there a way to turn down spawn rate? (i think the multiplier does only makes spawns more frequent)

w/o winchester i used to use a simple modlet which modifies spawning.xml in that way, more zed + lower respawn rate, but it feels like zed get sometimes instant respawned especially around poi which seems a bit exzessive.

like the amount of zed with x3 multiplier around poi, but i don't really feel have to clear them every 5 minutes or something like that. :)

16 hours ago, erlgrey said:

is there a way to turn down spawn rate? (i think the multiplier does only makes spawns more frequent)

w/o winchester i used to use a simple modlet which modifies spawning.xml in that way, more zed + lower respawn rate, but it feels like zed get sometimes instant respawned especially around poi which seems a bit exzessive.

like the amount of zed with x3 multiplier around poi, but i don't really feel have to clear them every 5 minutes or something like that. :)

Youve possibly got a low maxZombie value with a high poi multiplier, this means they are still spawning and not respawning. They will eventually calm down a bit but this is part of the mod, I want zombies everywhere causing chaos! Tweak a few settings to make it work for you I'd suggest

but in general modifying the spawning.xml values should have an effect even when used in combination with your mod right?

poi multi is x3 and max count 125, when i set the respawns to something like 3-5 days in xml it still seemed as the same zed respawned while i was still fighting zed of the area.

probably i give a maxed out zedcount a try and fiddle around with spawning xml and the multi, if really not all have been spawned at that time,  that may improve it.

thank you :)

edit: oh, just found that WMMBiomeRespawnDelay is also a modlet which modifies spawning.xml, gonna make my changes there and we will see how it goes. i guess spawning.xml was just altered several times previously.

Edited by erlgrey (see edit history)

• w00kien00kie changed the title to The Winchester - mini overhaul mod - A20.5
18 hours ago, w00kien00kie said:

Ive just done a fresh download of the mod and used a copy of the default game and it worked well for me, please check your install is clean. 

W00kie

It's loading up now. Not quite sure what the issue was or what it was conflicting with out of the other mods I had. Would've liked to have gotten a log for it for you and so I might have an idea but when I tried when it was stuck on "Loading......" nothing would happen at all, no log would show up. But anyways, all better now far as I can tell. Looking forward to putting some serious time into this. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

I've just downloaded this for A20.6 and while the action skills seem to be counting, while I'm killing zombies, that counting of the level in the action skills tab, isn't unlocking.  I've just hit lvl 6 for blunt, but the count is still showing 0 so I'm still crafting lvl 1 clubs.  Is this a problem due to A20.6 and Winchester hasn't been updated for that or is there another reason?  Tks

Edited by Truckerwil (see edit history)