[A21] - The Winchester - mini overhaul mod - Updated for A21.2 b30

w00kien00kie

Ive updated the Stash buttons to look the same as vanilla but they are still using the custom code im afraid. 

With regard to repair you will lose 100 Quality from items by default, so if the quality is below 100 it cannot be repaired. Increasing action skills counters this though, the higher you get your AS the less quality you lose per repair. Its a bit harsh to start with but imho makes the start of the game more challanging.

You can see what quality an item will repair to on the description tab : 

image.png.1e0fc4d7561771ae28bfe87a0f02fd08.png

Edited by w00kien00kie (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, w00kien00kie said:

Ive updated the Stash buttons to look the same as vanilla but they are still using the custom code im afraid. 

With regard to repair you will lose 100 Quality from items by default, so if the quality is below 100 it cannot be repaired. Increasing action skills counters this though, the higher you get your AS the less quality you lose per repair. Its a bit harsh to start with but imho makes the start of the game more challanging.

You can see what quality an item will repair to on the description tab : 

image.png.1e0fc4d7561771ae28bfe87a0f02fd08.png

Ah thanks, that was not apparent but I probably did not read properly.  Noted though, you can't repair stuff below 100 so make sure what you are crafting is not expensive or if it is expensive, that its well over level 100?

Using your custom code is fine for the stash, one click is better than two after all :D  A lot of people I have seen play on Youtube, even some veterans don't see to know about the double click thing anyway lol.

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)

@ktrain Source code can be found here : https://gitlab.com/wookienookie/TheWinchesterCode

Will also put the link in the first post

32 minutes ago, MikeyUK said:

Ah thanks, that was not apparent but I probably did not read properly.  Noted though, you can't repair stuff below 100 so make sure what you are crafting is not expensive or if it is expensive, that its well over level 100?

Using your custom code is fine for the stash, one click is better than two after all :D  A lot of people I have seen play on Youtube, even some veterans don't see to know about the double click thing anyway lol.

Double click ... ?! lol ive never actually used the vanilla functionality!

7 minutes ago, w00kien00kie said:

@ktrain Source code can be found here : https://gitlab.com/wookienookie/TheWinchesterCode

Will also put the link in the first post

Double click ... ?! lol ive never actually used the vanilla functionality!

Now you have me questioning myself haha, its single click to stash onto existing stacks, double click to stash when stacks are full isnt it? I thought it was vanilla anyway :o could be wrong!

On 2/11/2022 at 6:06 AM, w00kien00kie said:

...The new file wmm_gameoptions.xml can be downloaded along with all the other mod files via the link above. Just copy the file into the <ServerGameFolder>/data/config folder. ..

Is there any possibility this could be changed to the save folder as defined in the serverconfig.xml?

I'd like to keep the settings all together(Alloc's, CMP, etc.)

Thanks for the source code, looking forward to learning some Harmony myself.

Yeah there's no unsafe code as someone was concerned about, the concern should be where this code came from. Releasing source code for a major overhaul mod, without request nor credits given (until edited) is rather unethical. There was indeed an agreement with Jax. Development of code is not a one man job, it belongs to the team that brought up the ideas and extensive testing that brought it to fruition. 

2 hours ago, w00kien00kie said:

All I've ever done and will do is write mods for 7 days to die. This level of petty bitterness and jealousy is just sad. 

I have done nothing wrong, it is my code written by myself, I haven't stolen anything from anyone. 

Eeek sorry for my part in this, wish I had not asked about DLLs now, it was an innocent question, no idea of any politics...

Its fine mate, mods should be open source and shared for everyone imho.
This is a modding community where we should be sharing with each other like other games do.

Ive got plenty of new mods that im working on and will hopefully be posting 2 new game options later today :)

Edited by w00kien00kie (see edit history)

This sounds awesome!
Thanks for sharing this mini overhaul mod with us - I'll prepare my server tomorrow give it a try :).

One question that came up to my little mind directly: in the serverconfig.xml one can configure "MaxSpawnedZombies" and "MaxSpawnedAnimals". Will the mod ignore these settings? Or should they have a certain value for this mod?
I'm asking because I read "Max Zombies - This is the maximum number of zombies that can spawn at any given time" - or does this only apply for the wandering hordes?

Thanks!!!

2 minutes ago, Pundito said:

This sounds awesome!
Thanks for sharing this mini overhaul mod with us - I'll prepare my server tomorrow give it a try :).

One question that came up to my little mind directly: in the serverconfig.xml one can configure "MaxSpawnedZombies" and "MaxSpawnedAnimals". Will the mod ignore these settings? Or should they have a certain value for this mod?
I'm asking because I read "Max Zombies - This is the maximum number of zombies that can spawn at any given time" - or does this only apply for the wandering hordes?

Thanks!!!

The setting Max Zombies actually uses the  config value from the serverconfig.xml.

It was a lot easier to re-use that setting than create a completely custom one. 

Hope you enjoy the mod

Hello! I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way I can set the inventory bag to 72?

2. The mod "IncreaseLootBagDecay" - does this mean it increases the amount of time that loot bags exist before they disappear? Or does it increase the decay, as in shorten the amount of time it exists before disappearing? Sorry if this question is worded poorly, I just want to make sure I understand it correctly

3. I assume both server and client need to install any/all of these? Not just server? We are hosting a server for our friends, but it's not a dedicated server

4. Are all of the settings for each mod within the server's menu for the host to configure? (located when you start the server) Or where would I edit most mods? (mainly concerned about zombie spawning rate and such, but in general too). I see that some are in game options (from host), and some are in video options (all players)

5. The mod "ReduceMeat" - is that reduced meat for cooking, or reduced meat obtained from animals? Is this to make it challenging, or was the current amount rather excessive?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for being patient. I want to make sure we set this up correctly :) Here is what my mods directory looks like (did not copy over DisabledVehiclesDuringBloodmoon, IncreasedLootBagDecay, and QualityDegradationOnRepair)

Edited by Jaluvshuskies
kept adding question and tweaks, and removed questions I answered myself (see edit history)

Hi @Jaluvshuskies

1. It would require code changes so not easily im afraid

2. IncreaseLootBagDecay increases the time it takes for the bags to decay, i.e. they stay around for longer before they decay

3. Not all are client and server but its much easier to just install on both.

4. For a dedicated server there is an additional file you need 
wmm_gameoptions.xml, see my original post for details. All options are for the mods are rolled into that single file for the dedicated server. For SP, MP and video options they are all edited via the normal game menus.

5. The ReduceMeat mod reduces how much meat you get from animals. With the increase of spawns the volume of meat you get was just OTT.

Good luck with the mod, i can see youve mixed it with quite a few other mods which will make it interesting for sure. I have no idea how well it will work (if it works at all) with that many mods!

Hi W00kien00kie

This mod "WMMIncreaseWanderingSpawns" does not appear in the main download of The Winchester (but it is in the download of the code) or it is some mod that is missing to compile.

By the way, with the quality and degradation mod I am having a great time, apart from the amount of zombies and hordes that I have is great.
Regards

5 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi W00kien00kie

This mod "WMMIncreaseWanderingSpawns" does not appear in the main download of The Winchester (but it is in the download of the code) or it is some mod that is missing to compile.

By the way, with the quality and degradation mod I am having a great time, apart from the amount of zombies and hordes that I have is great.
Regards

The mod isn't in because for it to actually do anything it requires a fair amount of manual XML editing which I don't have enough time to do tbh. Currently WanderingHordes are controlled more by the module WMMGameOptionWanderingHorde and the 2 GameOptions anyway and this provides enough challenge at times.  I have some plans for tweaking wandering hordes more later as well.

Glad you're enjoying it. The volume of zombies can definitely become hard at time but that's what makes it fun :)

6 hours ago, w00kien00kie said:

Hi @Jaluvshuskies

1. It would require code changes so not easily im afraid

2. IncreaseLootBagDecay increases the time it takes for the bags to decay, i.e. they stay around for longer before they decay

3. Not all are client and server but its much easier to just install on both.

4. For a dedicated server there is an additional file you need 
wmm_gameoptions.xml, see my original post for details. All options are for the mods are rolled into that single file for the dedicated server. For SP, MP and video options they are all edited via the normal game menus.

5. The ReduceMeat mod reduces how much meat you get from animals. With the increase of spawns the volume of meat you get was just OTT.

Good luck with the mod, i can see youve mixed it with quite a few other mods which will make it interesting for sure. I have no idea how well it will work (if it works at all) with that many mods!

Hi,

I really appreciate your answers and clarification! How do I know if I have a dedicated server? I don't know anything about that, but we just host a normal multiplayer game and friends can join through steam. I didn't think we had one but I wasn't 100% sure

So far, all the mods we have installed + yours work well, but just from a few hours of testing and @%$#ing around. Hopefully we don't run into that many issues

Edited by Jaluvshuskies (see edit history)

The mod "StashBackpack" - is this to just add the "sorting functions" (like stash matching items to inventory button)? Or does it also affect the # of inventory slots?

It seems like it might be conflicting with this separate 72 inventory mod, and seems like it would conflict with other inventory expansion mods such as this 96 one

We did remove the mod "IncreaseBagSize", but it seems like this is associated or tied to StashBackpack

If StashBackpack is conflicting with 72Inv, do you know if there's a way around this? We really want an expanded inventory (around 70) and love the stash matching storage buttons you added

Edited by Jaluvshuskies (see edit history)

The mod looks great.  I'm more interested in the stand alone mods at the moment. Do the stand alone mods have to be installed on both server and client? It seems both to work.

I would like to change the multiplier for the stand alone mod for trader prices. It seems it has a dll which I can't edit. Is there a way to change the multiplier? 

What does reduce meat do?

Edited by Greymantle (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Jaluvshuskies said:

The mod "StashBackpack" - is this to just add the "sorting functions" (like stash matching items to inventory button)? Or does it also affect the # of inventory slots?

It seems like it might be conflicting with this separate 72 inventory mod, and seems like it would conflict with other inventory expansion mods such as this 96 one

We did remove the mod "IncreaseBagSize", but it seems like this is associated or tied to StashBackpack

If StashBackpack is conflicting with 72Inv, do you know if there's a way around this? We really want an expanded inventory (around 70) and love the stash matching storage buttons you added

OP explains earlier in the thread that IncreaseBagSize and StashBackpack are linked and have to be used together.

Regarding stash matching, do you mean just stashing stacks to boxes?  That's in vanilla (and your modded backpacks), screenshot below with icons circled from a brand new vanilla game I just booted up (I mentioned this earlier in the thread, single click and double click).  Obviously icons are not there if you are not looking in a container.

InkedA20.2_2022-02-15_07-03-38_LI.thumb.jpg.bb1903098f22e718544374b9b334bc9d.jpg

Personally I use either of these 72 and 84 slot backpacks, I find them the best and both support the "older" lock inventory slots mod by @KhaineGB.

However, I would definitely use the OP's lock slots mod standalone as that would be just bloomin' amazing!  If OP could do that to work with any backpack I would be eternally grateful.  Pressing X to lock any slot in any backpack (like how Undead Legacy does it) would be really sweet :D

4 hours ago, Greymantle said:

What does reduce meat do?

OP explained earlier in the thread that this means the amount of meat harvested from animals.

Regarding the server question, I am guessing (correct me if I am wrong), anything with a DLL file or assets in the "UIAtlases", "Resources", or "Prefabs"  directories needs to be installed on both server AND client.  The mods with just XML should work on ONLY the server.

17 minutes ago, w00kien00kie said:

Making the StashBackpack more generic and re-useable was on the list, ill move it to the top and see what i can do.

W00kie

Any chance you could explain the difference between the vanilla stashing and your version, is it just yours works on a single click alone or something more nuanced than that?  Vanilla obviously has the same icons on the loot container itself to do it the other way around too.

If the locking slots could be further separated that would selfishly please me even more hehe :D (an icon on the loot header would not necessarily be needed!).