some details and ideas

ToddVee

Hi, I have some ideas I would like to share. Please consider: - jumping should cause stamina loss, like mining or runnig does - cold biomes should cause the player to freeze if they dont move for a given time. This would be a negative buff. - hot biomes should cause the player to need more water / have an increased need for water. - iron and lead can be mined. how about adding tin and copper, so players would be able to make brass. Being short of brass is hard if you need munition, but finding more stuff below the surface makes mining more interesting. - since we have iron and coal, maybe we could have steel. steel tools would last longer that iron. - car batteries give power. We need to power the mining helmet and the flashlight (recharge the batteries), its not much power and it won't last long, but ontop it could be possible to have electrical wire fences. maybe, in the future, we find solar parks or wind parks in these random worlds. that would be a source for power. at least, we should be able to craft a water wheel and a simple rotor. - let us craft paper from wood/planks/sawdust and water

[QUOTE=ToddVee;129038]Hi, I have some ideas I would like to share. Please consider: - jumping should cause stamina loss, like mining or runnig does[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure it's planned, it makes sense and all... [QUOTE=ToddVee;129038] - cold biomes should cause the player to freeze if they dont move for a given time. This would be a negative buff. - hot biomes should cause the player to need more water / have an increased need for water.[/QUOTE] This is definitely planned, it could go so that you need to move in snow to avoid freezing and you need to be still in desert to avoid dehydration (maybe in the shade?) [QUOTE=ToddVee;129038] - iron and lead can be mined. how about adding tin and copper, so players would be able to make brass. Being short of brass is hard if you need munition, but finding more stuff below the surface makes mining more interesting.[/QUOTE] I'm in in this except lately I tend to find more brass than I can use. Will change when some electrical wiring will be introduced, I guess. [QUOTE=ToddVee;129038] - since we have iron and coal, maybe we could have steel. steel tools would last longer that iron.[/QUOTE] We also don't have furnaces capable of heating to extreme temperatures (but those would kind of be required to smelt regular iron as well so you might have a chance here) [QUOTE=ToddVee;129038] - car batteries give power. We need to power the mining helmet and the flashlight (recharge the batteries), its not much power and it won't last long, but ontop it could be possible to have electrical wire fences. maybe, in the future, we find solar parks or wind parks in these random worlds. that would be a source for power. at least, we should be able to craft a water wheel and a simple rotor.[/QUOTE] Car batteries wouldn't be able to provide enough volts to make the fence dangerous and what is electricity exactly doing to dead body except for travelling straight into groud? [QUOTE=ToddVee;129038] - let us craft paper from wood/planks/sawdust and water[/QUOTE] I use a custom recipe on my server that lets you create paper out of plant fibres (and those out of sticks) in quite large quantities but very, very slowly. Still, I will probably take it out (at least the sticks->fibres part) since it makes the game easier than I want it to be.

1. Yeah makes sense that your character shouldn't be able to jump 2 meters into the air when they're out of breath. 2. I think environmental related debuffs/buffs are coming eventually 3. I know that the current mining levels are just a placeholder, hopefully they will add more ore types as time goes on. 4. I really like the steel idea! Would need an upgraded furnace though to get it hot enough to make steel. 5. They've discussed generators having an area effect, I'm pretty sure battery operated items are coming also. 6. Would probably need some bleach also, unless you don't mind brown paper. But it's a good idea! Edit: Thanks for beating me to all my answers lol!

I would agree with everything except for the car battery suggestion. A car battery definitely wouldn't put out enough power or last long enough for an electric fence. And I would say that there should be some sort of way to craft paper...after all, society has been making paper for thousands of years, no reason why we couldn't start making paper by hand again.

zombies are already dead and the intention with the electric fence is that their muscles will cramp, plus spasms and uncontrollable twitching. They would be stunned, and since you can use these wire fences as floor, they would be stunned on blocks that give them damage and finally "kill" them. Other players as well ;)

I like most of the Ideas. Beside, For now it seems that were in a world without any Generators/Power plants. Never seen anything like this in Ranom Gen or Navez. If we think about it, there should be a way to get Power in our bases. Perhaps in combination with the Leveling/Skill System. Crafting a Power generator needs Mechanic/Electricity 5 Perk or something like this. Also, Generators has to be Fuled/Powered. There are Portable Genereators which are also Possible, ,mainly used for military purposes. Or solarparks. we could "borrow" some Panel to place them on our roofs. Coal-fueld steam Generators, Water Mills, whatever. Just not like minecraft where you can Build some Nuclear Reactor in your Garden xD For the Question what should electricity do to Dead People - What you think would shooting at theyre legs/Body do to them? Porbably nothing. Even headshots would be not as efektive as now. Its just a game, and for this we should just have some Fantasy in a few aspects.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah i like your ideas, we need much more as well. A few points on your points... -.- -Paper should be able to make out of knowledge books that you already learned as well. So they are still valuable. -Brass is easily obtainable by raiding an apartment building in the city. Each floor has 4 apartments, each apartment has 4-5 doors (some have patio door) Each building has 5 floors (i think, maybe 6) That is at least ~100 doors and each door knob gives you 2 scrap i think. You can see how quickly you can grab brass when needed. I did 1 building in like less then 10 minutes. I wish we could have steel and other metals as well. I wonder how far they will go with these.

[QUOTE=CongoBongo;138906]Yeah i like your ideas, we need much more as well. A few points on your points... -.- -Paper should be able to make out of knowledge books that you already learned as well. So they are still valuable. [...] I wish we could have steel and other metals as well. I wonder how far they will go with these.[/QUOTE] yes yes... I changed that in my recipes.xml. every book gives 32 paper which I need to build the cardboard boxes I use to store stuff ^^ quite a coincidence ^^

Archived