A line or coloured barrier around activated quest POIs.

Darklegend222

When you accept a quest, it would be beyond helpful to know the radius to be within. There is 0 indication of how far you can go before the quest fails. Having a see through barrier around the POI (which you can walk through) would be the area of which the player has to remain.

Its very easy to tune out that there is dialogue there on high resolutions when you can hardly see it. It's also easy to forget you need to grab the supplies which are doing an even better job at hiding (looking at you office_3 and forcing me to pillar my way up).

It's also a necessity when a horde shows up and you get pushed out the building so you have to fight outside. How far away is too far away before I fail!?

On 2/8/2022 at 5:36 AM, Darklegend222 said:

It's also easy to forget you need to grab the supplies

I've never understood this excuse. There's an icon on your compass. It even tells you if the satchel is above or below you with arrows pointing up/down. It's yellow, bright yellow. How can it be missed? 

Also, upper right corner tells you when your about to leave the area. It turns yellow. That means continue forward at your risk. Green means your good to go. 

The last thing needed IMHO is a colored barrier icon to handhold me. No matter how opaque you make it, it will still be a hinderance to see through and having a line barrier around the poi, not for me thank you. I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this suggestion. 

2 hours ago, Jinx_DG said:

I've never understood this excuse. There's an icon on your compass. It even tells you if the satchel is above or below you with arrows pointing up/down. It's yellow, bright yellow. How can it be missed? 

Also, upper right corner tells you when your about to leave the area. It turns yellow. That means continue forward at your risk. Green means your good to go. 

The last thing needed IMHO is a colored barrier icon to handhold me. No matter how opaque you make it, it will still be a hinderance to see through and having a line barrier around the poi, not for me thank you. I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this suggestion. 

Did you not read the fact that higher resolutions struggle more? It also doesn't help that there is ALWAYS something in the top right so it's easy to tune out and get ahead of yourself in a POI. Also, why would I look at my compass 24/7? I'm here to kill zombies.

Didn't realize a see-through barrier you can walk through at all times is handholding, next you'll tell me that you prefer Morrowind over Oblivion because having a quest marker is too easy. It would be there to remind the player my guy, there's literally no harm.