Survivor Stories

Roland

We used to have a thread for players to share some of their stories since this game can result in some amazing stories emerging out of gameplay. If you would like to share your story, please post it in this thread. Here is a link to the original thread (which has been archived and so cannot be reopened) if you care to read some older stories of yore.

On 1/19/2022 at 2:38 AM, Phil said:

After having my leg broken and I can't remember how. I managed to make a splint. So not much longer for the ouch part. I saw a vulture overhead circling for it's next meal. I managed to limp under a tree. When it was flying away from me I decided to hobble and limp to the next tree. Not sighted. Fool that I am I decided to limp away from the location, the flying beastie dive bombed me, I had my trusty poke in the stick, while I was fight that I was being attack at ground level by a snake. At this point some swear words came from my mouth.

The end part, I am now in a bad way, infected injured but alive with some snake meat to go with my eggs and both nasty beasts DEAD.

Great Story!

Alright, I’ll add one as it happened last night. I’ve been playing with a friend, we play dead is dead with feral sense on. We were on Day 30, out looking for interesting poi’s to explore. I play an intelligence character with 90% of my points spent in intelligence. For horde nights, I use shotguns and turrets while during explorations I use 9mm and stun baton to save on ammo, my friend uses an ak. I had just built a gyro that I use to get overview of the cities. We amazingly got a 20 block by 20 block city….it was beautiful! Lots of large buildings and high rises in the expansive downtown area.

I spotted a poi that I hadn’t seen before…..a destroyed version of the Crack a Book tower. On the roof it has a helipad just like the regular tower, but I think a little smaller. Since the gyro is considerably faster than a motorcycle, I beat my partner to the building. Over Steam voip I said”I’m going to land on the helipad, wake up the roof zombies”. My buddy says “Oh, this will end badly”. Premonition indeed!

My plan was to wake them up on the roof, kite them and take them out with my baton and 9mm. If I got overwhelmed, I had that boot mod lessening fall damage within reason. The outside of the building has ledges at each floor that I could jump to floor by floor to the ground.

I landed perfectly, I was so proud of my flying too! Once I exited the gyro, the roof woke up. Probably a dozen or more zombies, a couple of birds and a half dozen dogs that I wasn’t expecting! I couldn’t use the gyro because there’s a fence around it….it’s a helipad not a gyropad…oops. Okay, I will just bail, after I leave they’ll go back to sleep, right?? Right??  I jumped to the first ledge, success, jumped down to the second ledge and missed, failing all the way to the ground….crunch, broke my leg. So I’m limping around to the front of the building to wait for my buddy’s arrival.

Then the most amazing and fatal thing happened. Have you all watched Brad Pitt’s World War Z? It looked just like the scene in Israel. The roof zombies including the dogs were throwing themselves off the roof, zombies on other floors with open windows were throwing themselves out the windows!!! Add in the feral sense bringing many street zombies including puking cops from the surrounding downtown streets, suddenly there were zombies everywhere! Me, with a broken leg and a measly level 2 9mm pistol and stun baton limped along backwards attempting to thin the crowd. I lasted about 15-20 seconds before getting overwhelmed and my soul eaten. Sigh…..not so smart for an intelligence character. A new map for tonight I guess. 10/10 was worth it, would do it again but probably with an ak!! The visuals of all the zombies blindly throwing themselves off the roof was a stunning “oh s**t” moment. I love this game! 

Here's my survivor story, i had just been on an epic battle of the night doing the new restore generator quests and just got through by the skin of my teeth with the help of my trusty pipe machine gun. It was a battle of the week for sure with the thunderstorms going and frame stutters too it resembled the flash cut fight scenes where you dont get the full fluid movement but just flashing stills. I got on my bike and pedalled my starving ass off back to ol' Jen for my reward. 

Decided to go for a ciggie and turn the game off for a sec, upon returning, eager to see what my reward would be. To my horror I just start floating... and floating.... and floating up into the clouds like I imagine a soul that had just left a fresh corpse would, on its way to the better place. But to my despair my game crashed, and the same thing happened thrice times after re trying. Alas my player is probably corrupt and beyond repair I grab and pull upon my hair. I think ill come back to the game in a year or two, I'll see you there. 

But maybe not

*salty tears & rage*

Edited by Ttocs (see edit history)

On 2/5/2022 at 8:27 PM, Ttocs said:

upon returning, eager to see what my reward would be. To my horror I just start floating... and floating.... and floating up into the clouds like I imagine a soul that had just left a fresh corpse would, on its way to the better place. But to my despair my game crashed, and the same thing happened thrice times after re trying. Alas my player is probably corrupt and beyond repair. 

But maybe not

*salty tears & rage*

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday.  Can't get back in on that save.  It sucks.  But that's the beauty of Alphas.  Now you get to start a new character.  The beginning is always the scariest!

My greatest moment was Dishong tower. Insane difficulty, night time, day 5, just a mere level 2 AK. Got to the roof and thought I was doing very well, easily and quickly got surrounded. Tried jumping over the rail as it had a yellow tint below it making me think there was a stub I could jump up on, there wasn't.

Now I'm surrounded, jumping ON TOP of zombies with a broken arm, an infection, bleeding, and a deep laceration I continue to run and prepare to die. After about 5 seconds of running I turn around to 20ish zombies ready to nibble so I jump, then proceed to get a broken leg and I'm at 13 health dropping rapidly. Managed to click use on my medkit fast enough that I could heal my wounds and QUICKLY get behind a doorway of which I threw a block down and used my AK to dispose of zombies at the doorway.

Now i have every single ailment, but the tower was finished. I got the main loot, hopped on my bicycle and rode back to base. I decided I had conquered what I wanted to and ate glass till I died at base. May Long D*** McGee rest as a god. And Yes, this was a legitimate thing I had done.

heere I am cruising in my roofless 4x4 truck, the gps in the background listening to some tunes by the songsters call Behemoth and Cradle of Filth. Nice and gentle. Just going brmm Brmm with the peddle to the metal, not a care in the world with the wind in my helmet. What a nice day, no rain or vutures raining down on me. Nice

Mext thing I am thingy over whatsit down  a ravine, no warning from that cheap water driven GPS, what  load of rubbish. Down, down  go. It is narrow down here, after using a pickaxe to get a chance to get out ad burning fuel and tyres. It took some doing to get out there.

look before you fall down folks.

• 1 month later...

We have Feral Sense on, because it's a new feature and let's try it out.

3 of us were exploring the map on our freshly unlocked bicycles and crossed into the wastelands.

It was getting to be evening so we thought we would spend the night at the motel near the outskirts of town, one of the first things we encountered.

Vending machines were friendly, though there were a lot of occupants on the site, a few of them were Feral, somebody thought it necessary to use a machine gun to clear it up faster.

A couple of us decided to hold out in one of the upstairs rooms, and take pot shots at anything we could see helping the other guy who was still cleaning up the streets.

After enough uninvited guests tried to get into our room, we placed a block over the door way.  We kept an eye out the window but eventually they stopped knocking and the other guy found a place to hole up as well, I think a neighboring room.

Downstairs was a loud party, we were having trouble sleeping in the room, but didn't want to go out there and alert management, I'm sure they could hear the party too.

At some point, our floor started glowing green, and then suddenly it was no longer a floor, and one of us ended up crowd surfing in that party for 10 seconds or so before they managed to find some jumps to get back into our room.  Some med kits and first aid bandages were applied, as that was not a friendly party to crowd surf on!

We decided to make a new door out of the bathroom and we met up with our 3rd person and built a bridge to the adjacent store.  Not sure what it was, but it had a roof that was mostly clear.  We spent the rest of the evening watching the party in the unit below us, who then filled the alleyway between the motel and the store, and occasionally some would find their way up to our roof.  Bouncing between the room and the roof generally kept them occupied and we had no more close calls.

When morning arrived, the crowd dispersed and we got on our bikes to head home, feeling weary from the night before.

We tried to leave a note for management that our stay was uncomfortable, and the neighbors were really loud and broke fire codes with the number of attendees.  Also, the hole in the floor was their fault, not ours.  0 out of 5 stars, do not recommend.

• 1 month later...

Recently happened to me in DF at Insane.

There was me on for admiring the scenary while commenting to myself as to how nice the snow looks. So peacful and serene. At the edge of my vision I spotted something red and glowing thrugh the mists of the faling snow. Hang on a minute, says I to myself, that cannot be the enterance to severn gates of hell. Sure enough it is. I only though that they were in the wasteland? I was on the edge of the wasteland I shortly found out as my nose was starting the glow and flash, that is not a good sign. So, I mved slightly from that edge.

A few metres further on I spied a Behemoth, phew, it did not see me.

A little but further on I saw another one, this was being attacked by a bear and a furry critter, good luck guys.

A little while after that I reached the forest biome, all nice and green with some zed killing t be done including the flying f***s with only slight ouchy parts. Happy to stroll here for a while longer so peaceful and stress, killing zeds is sort of stress free as their head is rolling on the grass. I wonder what they were like before zombie-fication took hold. HMmmmm I wonder. Anyway, I spot another zed to have the head roll treatment, so I saunter up, I like a good saunter, with my trusty blade to this infected female doctor, only to fiind out it is a Transgendered Behemoth. It can give you good slap if you make the incorrect advance.

• 1 month later...

I was digging for clay this evening when I heard a growl. I didn't think much of it: I'm near the wasteland, probably just a stray.

Nope!

I shot the first two dogs with my double barrel, started stepping backwards as I heard louder growls from above me. Four, maybe five bears and at least as many dogs drop into the pit with me. I pull out my m60 and start firing. The bodies of the dead gave cover to the others and they had no problem biting me through them. My back against the wall, I'm at 25% health, I'm bleeding, I'm lacerated, I'm infected, magazine running low. I prepare to say my goodbye to this world...

when janky physics result in me being thrown upwards, out of the pit. I run, applying bandages as I go, and I make it to my 4x4. I'm off, a bear and a dog in pursuit.

I stopped to deal with them and counted myself extremely lucky to have survived.

A shortish one.

I am in sneaky sneak mode going up a hill. Why sneaky sneak mode, I got jump care by a toothy critter that wanted my tender parts to eat for dinner. Not this time mr. critter, I have leant my lesson.

Slowly and carefully going up the hill trying to avoid any of the noise taps that are all around you, whew, got there. At this point a word from our sponsers, clean underware company, bulk toilet paper rebranding co., now where was I. Oh yes, just gpt up to the top where I thought I can now stand up and run faster than the bunny wabbits, and then, dramatic music is now playing. I am staring at the back end of a wolf,  not a sight to greet you. But at least it was not the teeth end. So I back away smelling like a well used toilet. Going good, and then I put one foot in front of the other as fast as I can, or, I ran the hell in the opposite direct.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just finished up the T4 quests for Joel and my next trader was Jen about 2.2 km away.  Looking at the map, she was down deep inside the wasteland.  No worries, I am thinking.  I can make a quick run to her the next day, unlock her location, check her inventory, and come back.

Knowing how previous runs into the wasteland were, I packed up some gear for the trip - food and water. shotgun and pistol with ammo, crossbow, med kits, painkillers, vitamins, splints, and even my last jar of honey.  Jumped on my bike and started peddling towards her location.  Along the way, had to deal with the occasionally vulture and zombie dog following me (pre 20.6).  Got to her location and several zombies were hanging around her place.  Being the charitable neighbor, I then proceeded to clear out the zombies.  Got a bit overwhelmed and didn't realized that one zombie dog until it bit me in the arse.  Oh well, he didn't do much but give me a sprained leg.

Finished my business with Jen and started on the journey home.  Decided to nurse my leg back to my base to allow it to heal.  Now and then, stopped my bike to take out that vulture or dog following me; going out of my way to avoid any zombie bears I saw.....until the green trees of the forest are in view.

Heard a dog snarling behind me but kept pushing as I was so close to the wood line and would jump off to take care of the dog; seeing my sprain time in seconds, I am feeling confident.  As I cross into the forest, the dog lunges at me and gives me a bite.  Your leg is broken!

Soab

15 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

So I just finished up the T4 quests for Joel and my next trader was Jen about 2.2 km away.  Looking at the map, she was down deep inside the wasteland.  No worries, I am thinking.  I can make a quick run to her the next day, unlock her location, check her inventory, and come back.

Knowing how previous runs into the wasteland were, I packed up some gear for the trip - food and water. shotgun and pistol with ammo, crossbow, med kits, painkillers, vitamins, splints, and even my last jar of honey.  Jumped on my bike and started peddling towards her location.  Along the way, had to deal with the occasionally vulture and zombie dog following me (pre 20.6).  Got to her location and several zombies were hanging around her place.  Being the charitable neighbor, I then proceeded to clear out the zombies.  Got a bit overwhelmed and didn't realized that one zombie dog until it bit me in the arse.  Oh well, he didn't do much but give me a sprained leg.

Finished my business with Jen and started on the journey home.  Decided to nurse my leg back to my base to allow it to heal.  Now and then, stopped my bike to take out that vulture or dog following me; going out of my way to avoid any zombie bears I saw.....until the green trees of the forest are in view.

Heard a dog snarling behind me but kept pushing as I was so close to the wood line and would jump off to take care of the dog; seeing my sprain time in seconds, I am feeling confident.  As I cross into the forest, the dog lunges at me and gives me a bite.  Your leg is broken!

Soab

Good story. Me thinks at minimum a minibike going into the wasteland and keep to the road.  Your attempt at pedalling your way to the trader was kinda, well I wouldn't be doing it. Not ever.  🚳

1 hour ago, Melange said:

Good story. Me thinks at minimum a minibike going into the wasteland and keep to the road.  Your attempt at pedalling your way to the trader was kinda, well I wouldn't be doing it. Not ever.  🚳

A minibike would have been great.  However, I have yet to find any schematics to build one.  😁

• 4 weeks later...

This is from my recent foray into the World of Darkness falls.

As you may know a lathe is found and a watch mod is only available to Survivalist class.

Anyway, day 1 got my my base sort of secured with some bacon with legs outside with some nice potatoes and corn in the fields. Get a campfire going, that feels better nice and warm. I wait while the baked pots cook along with murky to clean to was down all those pts. I can't wait.

Day turns into and then the morning chime sounds. Time to go out and get some loot as it is day 2. Chop down trees, a bit of mininf, sort of as I only basic stone tools. My go, where as the morning gone as I hear a plane flying overhead. I do have Air drops daily and marked. I will go after that. Off I run to the spot. Open the box for.... wait for it.. mainly crap but lurking in a corner, tucked behind the crap is a lathr. WooHoo

Fast forward to day3. I have found Dr. Annas bunker. It will be rude not to pay a visit. So off a I go, it is not far from base. I grab what I can sell to her. Get there and there are some things and rooms to loot. Some OK some not so. Broke into one there are a pile of suitcases and clothes on the floor. I grab the clothes with some to wear and others to scrap  Ohhh that suitace is not looted, there I go and search. A watch mod on day 3. Brilliant

• 2 months later...

So I go mining a tunnel not far away from my base. I start hearing zombies and I am thinking well... they won't path in here. Yeah right! 😁

Not long after that do I see my sight turn red and I am nudged into the rock face I was mining. 

I was startled. It turned out to be Army guy and so I showed him my shotgun and shared a few slugs. 

Once he went down I can see the rest of his platoon coming to me. So I share some love and more shotgun shells. 

Class A act and I knock'em dead. 

Then go to reload but being a super genus that I am, left my ammo in the base and the tunnel has only one way out. 😲 Also there are more outside. 

Thankfully I get out but don't think I will do that again. 😂