A21 - Vehicle Cruise Control - A21 Client-side mod (Updated with 3 stages and visual indicator)

w00kien00kie

Confirmed working with A21

This new client-side module adds Cruise Control to all vehicles including the bicycle and gyrocopter. No more having to keep the Accelerate button pressed!

Pressing Q once whilst in a vehicle will put it into Cruise Control and will continue forwards at full speed hands free!

To exit cruise control press Q, Brake or Accelerate.

Download here (but this link can fail at times)

https://minhaskamal.github.io/DownGit/#/home?url=https://github.com/w00kie-n00kie/TheWinchester/tree/main/Mods/WMMVehicleCruiseControl

Tested and confirmed working in SP, MP and with Dedicated servers. This is an dll mod and hence needs EAC disabled as per any dll mods.

Updated with new 3 stage cruise - Off, Slow and Sprint. Also added new visual indicator. 
To cycle through the 3 stages just Press the Q button Off > Slow > Sprint > Off ........

image.png.4dedc010351bbe54b484c1a486abb66a.png

image.png.99124d3c300d7925b3d160494c57a8f9.png

image.png.3829f128d4bf3a94d6185c330c5ac409.png

Edited by w00kien00kie (see edit history)

17 hours ago, KorgX3 said:

I wish more developers implemented an autorun key. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I get tired of holding W down all the time. Thank you for this!

I agree with you, Nothing more annoying then having to hold a movement key for some times up to 30 mins on games.

• 5 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 5:37 PM, getkloaked said:

if you install this client side, will it work if you play on servers? server doesn't need anything?

like on your own server? I think it should work. But if you mean playing on another person's server with this mod installed. Probably won't work, since that server usually ignores what is in your mod folder. 

12 minutes ago, Weazelsun said:

lol good mod, I just found out it does work on a server that I play on. Meaning I have it INSTALLED on my client, the server does not. So, cool.

ok that very much surprises me tbh but glad it works

Also i have an idea of how to do different auto run speeds , normal and sprint. 

Plan is to make the Q button work as 3 states of auto-move, Off > Normal > Sprint 
This means pressing Q will cycle through those 3 states. Ill also add a visual indicator somewhere so you can easily see what state you are cruising at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • w00kien00kie changed the title to A20.6 - Vehicle Cruise Control - A20 Client-side mod (Updated with 3 stages and visual indicator)
  • 2 months later...

I love the mod, but I'm wondering if there is a way to change the speed of cruise control.  I'd like at least one option to just barely creep along (like say 10-20% of the current "slow" speed (which I assume is just the speed you get if you just hold down W).  My interest in this is because birds nests and some other loot (no matter what game/graphics settings I use) only render in when you're like maybe 5-10 blocks from them, meaning you have to go slow as hell if you want to search for them in a vehicle.

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2022 at 10:55 AM, Celinna said:

this mod doesent work for me dont know why, EAC on server is off.

i copied it into this folder: windows10/11 pc= user/username/%APPDATA%/ROAMING/7DaysToDie/Mods
ist that right?

Same for me, not working, and installed correctly.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:11 PM, kydyr said:

Same for me, not working, and installed correctly.

On 9/5/2022 at 7:55 AM, Celinna said:

this mod doesent work for me dont know why, EAC on server is off.

i copied it into this folder: windows10/11 pc= user/username/%APPDATA%/ROAMING/7DaysToDie/Mods
ist that right?

No it should be in D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\mods or where ever your 7 Days to Die folder and files are located. Not in the 7 Days to Die roaming folder. image.thumb.png.3439ae5f98a590181ad55a390bdb3cfa.png

• w00kien00kie changed the title to A21 - Vehicle Cruise Control - A21 Client-side mod (Updated with 3 stages and visual indicator)

Since you're knowledgeable with working on the vehicles do you know if there are any hard coded limitations that would prevent the development of a mod that would allow players as passengers to shoot from vehicles? It would be a game changer mod if used with the 7D2D VR mod. I recall seeing talk about a mod like this in the past. I wonder if it's just a simple switch in the game to reactivate it. Thoughts?

No worries if you want to avoid topic drift, I know my question is off topic to your mod.