Traps, Fences, Blades, experience

ungkor

What are the rules/logic around getting experience based on automated defenses?

I have a killing tunnel set up with electric fence posts.  I throw a molotov on them as they are trapped and stunned by the electricity, they all die, and I get zero experience. 

I thought I read something about version 20/alpha 20 adding experience to kills based on traps and things like blade traps.   Is that no longer a thing?

I just noticed that grenades kill zombies and give experience, but fire/electricity doesn't.   Weird.  You'd think that both should give xp.

Mollies do give XP, that's how I know when the wandering hordes die off.

Traps give some XP when you have specced into it; I think Advanced Engineering 3+.

Combination; the mollies do so much more damage that you should get most of the XP when zeds are stunned by an Electric Fence. The killing damage counts, so technically you might have them all killed by the fence, but that should be unlikely.

On 1/22/2022 at 6:14 AM, ungkor said:

What are the rules/logic around getting experience based on automated defenses?

I have a killing tunnel set up with electric fence posts.  I throw a molotov on them as they are trapped and stunned by the electricity, they all die, and I get zero experience. 

I thought I read something about version 20/alpha 20 adding experience to kills based on traps and things like blade traps.   Is that no longer a thing?

I just noticed that grenades kill zombies and give experience, but fire/electricity doesn't.   Weird.  You'd think that both should give xp.

If your traps aren't giving exp, make sure you have 3 points in advanced engineering. As for the molotovs, I don't believe there are any bugs or issues with it. Could be that the traps kill them before the mollies do thus causing no exp.

D

Spoiler

on't like using Molotovs with traps, as you say, you may lose out of XP. I prefer just using electrical trip wires to stun them and head shots for the kill. 

I don't like using Molotovs with traps, as you say, you may lose out of XP. I prefer just using electrical trip wires to stun them and head shots for the kill. 

All traps should give xp to players in range. It's dumb that only an Int spec player gets XP for traps in a tower defense game. Maybe a small bonus, but any player setting up trap bases should get it. In MP the Int person HAS to place all the traps which is a royal pain in my group where the INT person is not typically the builder and can not upgrade any blocks (because the INT person gets SOOOooo much more Xp than everyone else someone else needs to upgrade the blocks).

At the very least it should be shared XP in MP parties.