Weird behaviors for blue backpacks and collapsing containers

shae122

I noticed that the blue backpack behavior for containers (especially ones with items inside) spawn very inconsistently when they collapse. In a nutshell, blocks with the "SecureLoot" class will only drop a backpack when the block collapses, the ones with the "Loot" class will never. The issue is that storage containers or vanity containers that inherit the "Loot" class via breaking the "lock" will no longer drop inventory if it collapses. The Writable Storage Boxes also do not behave like other secure containers since it has the "SecureLootSigned" class, which doesn't drop blue backpacks if collapsed.

Alternatively, due to how loot is generated changing every class to "SecureLoot" would always result in a backpack during a collapse event only if the container has been opened or containing something, but I speculate that you would run into issues with loot regeneration and the ability to label the Writable Storage Boxes. I do not have enough documentation or experience to understand the difference between the "SecureLoot" and "Loot" classes and I do not believe the issues can be fixed with an xml modlet since the behaviors are hard-coded. 

Is this current implementation of the dropped backpack intended? It's a pretty niche issue, but it ended up costing me a world when all my Writable Storage Boxes collapsed during a horde. Anecdote aside, I believe that the behavior is still inconsistent and it seems odd that the inventories won't drop due how the classes are hard-coded.

This was on A20 b238, on modded and fresh files, in a solo environment.