anyway to remove or change vehicle locks?

kryzzk

I asked on the steam forums about removing the vehicle lock all together but I haven't received any replies so I thought I would come here and ask.

I am playing on a private game with just my wife and kids, after the update to A20 our vehicles auto lock on being placed. we spend a lot of time picking up our vehicles and then placing them back down at a different point, the problem is that the auto-lock can be a problem especially if we need to leave an area fast and our only vehicle is in someone's inventory.  

If it isn't possible to remove them, does anyone know how to make the vehicles default to unlocked? 

Thanks.

Edited by kryzzk (see edit history)

• kryzzk changed the title to anyway to remove or change vehicle locks?

I may not have understood what you asked but was thinking you wanted vehicles to be unlocked so everyone could drive it if needed. Maybe you could put in an easy code like 0000 and let the wife and kids know and then they should all be able to use the vehicle. Just add same code to other ones if you have them.

7 hours ago, Gamida said:

I may not have understood what you asked but was thinking you wanted vehicles to be unlocked so everyone could drive it if needed. Maybe you could put in an easy code like 0000 and let the wife and kids know and then they should all be able to use the vehicle. Just add same code to other ones if you have them.

I'm fairly certain picking the vehicle up resets the code, I think OP is looking for a mod that completely removes locks from vehicles. Unsure this would be an XML mod, more likely as doughphunghus said, a DLL or C# mod.

Edited by ThunderSn1per
typo (see edit history)

6 hours ago, ThunderSn1per said:

I'm fairly certain picking the vehicle up resets the code, I think OP is looking for a mod that completely removes locks from vehicles. Unsure this would be an XML mod, more likely as doughphunghus said, a DLL or C# mod.

That may be. I haven't used vehicle on MP for a long time. I thought though that unless you actually locked the vehicle others could still use it. Even if you picked it up and placed it multiple times. Am not sure why theirs are automatically locking when placed. Unless as they mentioned it is something done in last update as I haven't noticed that yet.

52 minutes ago, Gamida said:

That may be. I haven't used vehicle on MP for a long time. I thought though that unless you actually locked the vehicle others could still use it. Even if you picked it up and placed it multiple times. Am not sure why theirs are automatically locking when placed. Unless as they mentioned it is something done in last update as I haven't noticed that yet.

When placing a vehicle the default state is locked, presumably, to prevent other players stealing the vehicle.

2 hours ago, Gamida said:

That was the case until A20. Until this last update, I've never had to unlock a vehicle on placing it. I do understand that public server owners would find this useful, but if you pick up and place your vehicles often this is problematic, especially when you run into a problem and need to leave the area quickly. 

I don't know a lot about modding, I'm finding xlm to be difficult to learn in the limited time I have, so I'm sure I could not make a mod of a different type. It would be nice if it was reverted back the way it was, or perhaps a game setting when you start a game.

Thanks for the info. hopefully an experienced modder will make a .dll or C# mod to do this if thats what it needs.