Users on my dedicated server get connection timeout errors

zwarbyt

I see where in the log it’s happening but there is no error listed. The server just reloads serveradmin.xml then everyone gets booted by EAC for having invalid login info. The players are prohibited from reconnecting for 2 minutes by rule. Very odd. I’m assuming you have a stable internet connection with the speed and bandwidth to run the server?

When a server is started, one of the early steps is to load the serveradmin.xml so that the server can set parameters in that xml. So why is the server randomly reloading the xml? It’s almost as if the server loses connection. It isn’t rebooting because the only thing that actually happens is reloading that xml, no other boot up procedures. Hopefully, someone else has some ideas. I’d hate to see you have to uninstall/reinstall the server but that’s the only thing I can think to try and fix this. As SylenThunder mentioned, there are no errors in the logs. I really don’t think EAC or EOS are causing this as neither would have the ability to reload an xml. If there were incorrect settings in that xml then it should show an error.

Whenever I reinstall the server (which is a rented dedicated server), I backup a copy of the serveradmin.xml and serverconfig.xml as well as any xml that I’ve modified. Then I wipe all files including any saves, perform an install then delete the newly generated versions of the xml’s I’ve backed up and then upload the backed up xmls. If I’m doing this because of a new version update, I go over the new and backed up xmls looking for any changes. In your case, I’d do exactly the same thing, compare the backup to the new generated xml to be sure there are no syntax errors. If you are using a separate computer in your house to run the dedicated, I’d recommend uninstalling and cleaning your folders as explained in by clicking on the blue banner at the top of the forum.

I honestly don’t know if this will help in your case because I’m really not sure why this is happening in the first place. This could be a Windows issue, software issue, internet issue etc. instead of a 7 Days issue but I don’t know what else to advise. If you do this clean reinstall and you still see the disconnects, at least you’ll have ruled out 7 Days as the cause and will then move on to other possibilities. Let us know if it works or not.

8 hours ago, zwarbyt said:

There was a line in the server config to use steam as communication and a lot of sites said to remove or comment out that line.

Generally I would advise to not remove stuff unless you have problems. A lot of sites have outdated information and tips that were applicable for specific bugs than were fixed ages ago.

7 hours ago, Star69 said:

I see where in the log it’s happening but there is no error listed. The server just reloads serveradmin.xml then everyone gets booted by EAC for having invalid login info. The players are prohibited from reconnecting for 2 minutes by rule. Very odd. I’m assuming you have a stable internet connection with the speed and bandwidth to run the server?

Where do you see this serveradmin.xml reload? Searching his log for the string "serveradmin.xml" only lists one time it is loaded, near the start of the log

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Where do you see this serveradmin.xml reload? Searching his log for the string "serveradmin.xml" only lists one time it is loaded, near the start of the log

Line 1490 almost halfway through the first log. Right after that reload is when players started dropping out with from EAC.

EDIT: the second log is showing warnings that in other cases have turned out to be some A19 files mixed in with A20 files but I could be wrong but here's the warnings pulled from the second log:

1. 2022-01-16T23:31:22 7998.075 WRN No chunk for position 606, 62, 175, can not add childs to pos 606, 62, 176! Block cntMetalDesk02Closed
  2. 2022-01-16T23:31:25 8000.185 WRN No chunk for position 587, 62, 159, can not add childs to pos 587, 61, 162! Block cntCar03SedanDamage2v05
  3. 2022-01-16T23:31:27 8002.377 WRN No chunk for position 572, 62, 143, can not add childs to pos 572, 61, 144! Block cntCar03SedanDamage2v06
  4. 2022-01-16T23:31:27 8003.020 INF Entity animalWolf 1324 killed by zombieSteveFeral 1398
  5. 2022-01-16T23:31:29 8004.477 WRN No chunk for position 544, 64, 130, can not add childs to pos 543, 62, 130! Block shippingContainerSideOrange
  6. 2022-01-16T23:31:29 8004.477 WRN No chunk for position 544, 61, 130, can not add childs to pos 543, 61, 132! Block semiFlatbedMiddleWheels
  7. 2022-01-16T23:31:29 8004.477 WRN No chunk for position 544, 65, 131, can not add childs to pos 543, 65, 133! Block shippingContainerSideOrange
  8. 2022-01-16T23:31:29 8004.477 WRN No chunk for position 544, 64, 134, can not add childs to pos 543, 62, 134! Block shippingContainerSideOrange

Edited by Star69 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, zwarbyt said:

https://pastebin.com/yEP72q72

Here is my XML anything stand out?

Looks like you removed the following line from the config but don't know if that's the cause or not:

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols"    value="SteamNetworking"/>    <!-- Networking protocols that should not be used. Separated by comma. Possible values: LiteNetLib, SteamNetworking. Dedicated servers should disable SteamNetworking if there is no NAT router in between your users and the server or when port-forwarding is set up correctly -->

Edited by Star69 (see edit history)