Ocean Base Possibility?

Sjustus548

Hey quick question for you fine folks.  Has anyone attempted to build a base out in the ocean?  I know it wouldn't work at all for a horde night base but as a regular base to store stuff I'm wondering how well it would work.  Also, is there still radiation out there or eventually will you just drown or something because there isn't any other land?  I'm thinking about building my base out there will a bridge running out there for my bike but not sure how feasible the idea is.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also the water looks amazing.

Ocean Front View.jpg

Not sure in alpha 20 but in alpha 19 as long as you were more than 100-150 blocks from the land you were safe from hordes even blood moon hordes as there is nowhere for the mobs to spawn because mobs will not spawn more than 70 blocks from you.

As for the bridge as long as you used a drawbridge or something similar you can use that i used to use arrows slits to make a barrier as zombies won't cross those.

Edited by Whiteshark68 (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, BarryTGash said:

They will jump across them if not wide enough. At least, that is my observation. Failing that, they will try to dig through them.

you have to make sure that they are at least well it used to be 4 wide but i have had zombies jump that so wider than 4 and at least as deep as they are wide i usually go 6 deep but if you use those near the shore and at least 70 blocks from your base they will never spawn near them unless you go near.

They will not spawn in water they at least used to require land to spawn on but like i said that may have changed i haven't built a water base as yet in alpha 20.

Using them as a bridge you need to be only 1 above the water but the water needs to be 5 deep.

Edited by Whiteshark68 (see edit history)