Immersive Storage (A20 enquiry)

Hello!

I just picked up the game over the Christmas and really enjoying it so far, however found it lackluster in the storage options department. The few box choices are strangely limiting when the whole world is filled with thematic loot containers such as shelves, backpacks, drink coolers etc (it would even be somewhat lore-friendly since irl you can take a ammo box and reuse it as storage). 
So I looked through the mods and found one titled 'Immersive Storage' by Altorian and it looks fantastic since you can craft a helper block and choose a style of container for your liking. Then I saw that the file was last updated on 08 March 2020 for A18.
(I also looked around for A20 similar mods and there are a few, however I did not find the variety nor the simplicity in either one (unfortunately))

My question is - do you guys know if anyone is working on updating/remaking the og mod? Alternatively I would love to make this myself, but I do not have any experience with modding apart from some 3D modelling. So if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction / explain how to go about  making it - I would be very grateful :)

If I posted this in the wrong section - let me know (sorry i'm new here).

AnPanda

I've updated and modified the mod a bit to work with A20, but won't be releasing it unless the original creator approves. I sent him a message, but he hasn't logged on to Nexusmods since December 24th, 2021. I've never released a mod, so don't know how people would feel about me releasing a modified copy of somebody elses work, even though it's just xmls...

16 hours ago, ShowerHour said:

I've updated and modified the mod a bit to work with A20, but won't be releasing it unless the original creator approves. I sent him a message, but he hasn't logged on to Nexusmods since December 24th, 2021. I've never released a mod, so don't know how people would feel about me releasing a modified copy of somebody elses work, even though it's just xmls...

It is ok to re-release an existing 'modified' mod aslong as you give credits to the original mod creator! That is an important thing to do.

1 hour ago, renejant said:

It is ok to re-release an existing 'modified' mod aslong as you give credits to the original mod creator! That is an important thing to do.

Altorian has given me permission to take over the mod. I will release it sometime soon after I do a little more testing and maybe add a few more containers.

18 minutes ago, ShowerHour said:

Altorian has given me permission to take over the mod. I will release it sometime soon after I do a little more testing and maybe add a few more containers.

Amazing, you mister are a great immersion saver! Thank you for doing this, im sure many people will appreciates this a lot! :D  (would you be able to ping here once you release the mod? if its allowed)

1 hour ago, renejant said:

Thank you for clarifying this as well, even though I am new here I am thankful that this games community is pretty dope

Keep on rocking guys/girls!

7 hours ago, Angry_panda131 said:

Amazing, you mister are a great immersion saver! Thank you for doing this, im sure many people will appreciates this a lot! :D  (would you be able to ping here once you release the mod? if its allowed)

Yeah, I'll post a  link here. I'm going to try to have it finished and released before the end of the weekend. It works right now, I just want to add a few more things and test every single thing to make sure there's nothing I missed or messed up, and also take some new screenshots and stuff before releasing it to the public.

4 hours ago, ShowerHour said:

Yeah, I'll post a  link here. I'm going to try to have it finished and released before the end of the weekend. It works right now, I just want to add a few more things and test every single thing to make sure there's nothing I missed or messed up, and also take some new screenshots and stuff before releasing it to the public.

Thank you once again, I was hopelessly scouring modding websites for an updated version of this mod before making a post on here. Its very cool that you guys just do stuff and it works and improves the experience by a tonne!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ShowerHour - as another fan of this mod it's great to hear you've taken over it and thanks for doing that!

If you need a testing monkey I've done QA in the past and would be happy to chip in with help if needed,

Thanks again!