boot.config optimisation by default pls?

Narthy

Is there any reason not to have the optimisations in releases by default? It increases performance quite a bit and helps with lag.

Default boot.config:

wait-for-native-de@%$#=0
hdr-display-enabled=0
gc-max-time-slice=3

Optimised boot.config:

gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1
gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1
wait-for-native-de@%$#=0
scripting-runtime-version=latest
hdr-display-enabled=0
gc-max-time-slice=3

4 hours ago, Narthy said:

Its universal and applies to every setup, you'll get a performance boost.

It only works if you have overhead to spare on your gpu/cpu. If you're already close to 100% utilisation on your gpu and/or cpu you probably won't get a performance boost.

The defaults are safe for everyone, but it should be left up to individuals to try these tweaks if they want.

39 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

I'm curious as to what all those change and how they affect the game. I know nothing about boot configs. Do these just affect graphical settings because I'm more worried about game corruption and having to constantly reinstall.

From what I gather, they're general Unity settings (a lot of Valheim threads on performance mention them for example). The idea is the gpu takes over some of the work from the cpu which in theory could be a good thing - assuming that the cpu was a bottleneck in the first case and the gpu has cycles to spare

14 minutes ago, BarryTGash said:

From what I gather, they're general Unity settings (a lot of Valheim threads on performance mention them for example). The idea is the gpu takes over some of the work from the cpu which in theory could be a good thing - assuming that the cpu was a bottleneck in the first case and the gpu has cycles to spare

I see, thank you for the information. Those fixes wouldn't help me then because I have the GPU workload under stress, my processor can handle whatever the hell I throw at it