A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

Its great to return after months away and see all the changes to the NPC mod.

Thanks to all of you who have not only continued work on it,but made it moons better. Had a few tests last night and was hugely impressed.

I like a few others also feel like the NPCs spawn too often,and changing the spawn probability in the group enteties xml for each NPC seemed like a days work,lol,i just removed group entetites xml entirely and spawn in a few NPCs to accompany me. Though i spent the time to tweak the bandits as i do ant them in the world roaming.

your doing the lords work guys.

edit: question, long time since i edited the files. But with Harley - Bat, i turned her to whiteriver faction,its fine,she wont attack me but iv no way to access dialogue with her. is there a way to fix that? Also wjile im here,how do i edit specific NPCs to have specific weapons. alot of the auto weapons are very powerful on standard settings

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

On 10/5/2022 at 4:01 AM, Redarmy45 said:

Its great to return after months away and see all the changes to the NPC mod.

Thanks to all of you who have not only continued work on it,but made it moons better. Had a few tests last night and was hugely impressed.

I like a few others also feel like the NPCs spawn too often,and changing the spawn probability in the group enteties xml for each NPC seemed like a days work,lol,i just removed group entetites xml entirely and spawn in a few NPCs to accompany me. Though i spent the time to tweak the bandits as i do ant them in the world roaming.

your doing the lords work guys.

edit: question, long time since i edited the files. But with Harley - Bat, i turned her to whiteriver faction,its fine,she wont attack me but iv no way to access dialogue with her. is there a way to fix that? Also wjile im here,how do i edit specific NPCs to have specific weapons. alot of the auto weapons are very powerful on standard settings

yes, editing the groups was and can be nightmarish, for harley you would have to add the proper tag and ai to match the hireable npcs for her to have dialogs, try not to edit the weapons for individual entities as some do not have all weapons added rather remove those you do not want from spawning

On 10/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, drkstardragon said:

yes, editing the groups was and can be nightmarish, for harley you would have to add the proper tag and ai to match the hireable npcs for her to have dialogs, try not to edit the weapons for individual entities as some do not have all weapons added rather remove those you do not want from spawning

I will get round to it someday,most likely when 7DTD is released.

Cheers i also left weapons untouched.

I had some feedback about a particular NPC from a sub mod if this is correct place to mention it.

The i believe,"survivor" npc sub mod,has a female tattoo girl , named Tgurl,i believe,she seems to always get stuck on the envoirnment,edges of stair cases etc,seems unique to here,frequent enough that i changed her for another NPC.

And a question/ feature request... would it ever be possible to enable the NPC to clear a POI? Such as "patrol here" but limit its radius to 10% of the size so they potentially enter POI rooms? would be nice to have a team of NPCs randomly clearing out a POI with me..currently i just "nudge" them into a room before i enter..

Good old Baker axe man takes it for the team superbly

New features in the A20 version are unlikely.  The team is mostly on break from developing the core, as A21 NPC will have new code that we can rebaseline around.  Hopefully this will allow us to focus on enhanced functionality beyond the vanilla bandits, perhaps we can expand the abilities of "friendly" NPCs as Bandits will likely be better than the current NPC bandits in the core.  

Hi, guys! looking for some advice. Been playing with this mod for a few years now, & I used to be able to edit certain aspects of the NPCs, but now, whenever I try to edit what they accept for hire, the game throws errors & the mod won't work. For example, I want to change some to accept boiled eggs & others to accept grilled meat, but it causes issues when I try. Wondering what I am doing wrong. Will appreciate any & all tips to try. Thanks!

11 hours ago, xyth said:

New features in the A20 version are unlikely.  The team is mostly on break from developing the core, as A21 NPC will have new code that we can rebaseline around.  Hopefully this will allow us to focus on enhanced functionality beyond the vanilla bandits, perhaps we can expand the abilities of "friendly" NPCs as Bandits will likely be better than the current NPC bandits in the core.  

Sounds sweet. seems the only reason i have to update this game anymore is because the features this mod will bring.

Its nice to know the possibilities can potentially expand. Currently ,iv sunk 20 hours into the NPC mods,last time i used it it was creatures pack and npc mod,all the changes have been great,especially the "stop,mode,help" , really cool.  

11 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

Hi, guys! looking for some advice. Been playing with this mod for a few years now, & I used to be able to edit certain aspects of the NPCs, but now, whenever I try to edit what they accept for hire, the game throws errors & the mod won't work. For example, I want to change some to accept boiled eggs & others to accept grilled meat, but it causes issues when I try. Wondering what I am doing wrong. Will appreciate any & all tips to try. Thanks!

Please share what property you have added that is being rejected.

In the NMM mod, Darkstardragon wanted some of the special characters to be hired using custom weapons/items and used:

<property name="HireCurrency" value="SkullSword" />
<property name="HireCost" value="1" />

These match the item in the mod and hiring is successful with that Skull Sword.

On 10/9/2022 at 8:08 AM, Redarmy45 said:

I will get round to it someday,most likely when 7DTD is released.

Cheers i also left weapons untouched.

I had some feedback about a particular NPC from a sub mod if this is correct place to mention it.

The i believe,"survivor" npc sub mod,has a female tattoo girl , named Tgurl,i believe,she seems to always get stuck on the envoirnment,edges of stair cases etc,seems unique to here,frequent enough that i changed her for another NPC.

And a question/ feature request... would it ever be possible to enable the NPC to clear a POI? Such as "patrol here" but limit its radius to 10% of the size so they potentially enter POI rooms? would be nice to have a team of NPCs randomly clearing out a POI with me..currently i just "nudge" them into a room before i enter..

Good old Baker axe man takes it for the team superbly

If it's the that talks a lot to you that's one of dkstardragon's npc's .

For me a lot of them get caught on stuff like trees and cars , it's just a bug that hopefully get fixed .

6 hours ago, arramus said:

Please share what property you have added that is being rejected.

In the NMM mod, Darkstardragon wanted some of the special characters to be hired using custom weapons/items and used:

<property name="HireCurrency" value="SkullSword" />
<property name="HireCost" value="1" />

These match the item in the mod and hiring is successful with that Skull Sword.

I was just coming in to edit my post & let y'all know I had figured it out. Lol. Thanks though! It was a silly mistake on my end. There is one thing I can't figure out though. The friendly NPCs are moving very slow when they are just walking, however, once in combat they move normally. So, it isn't really affecting gameplay, just looks a little strange, & for the life of me, I can't figure out what slowed them down.

@xyth@sphereii@Darkstardragon@arramus@GanTheGrey@khzmusik@stallionsden May I have permission to use your NPCs/mods in a pack I am working on? I originally put it together for myself & my husband, but people who have been watching us play it have been asking for it so thought I would tweak it a little, add a list to credit everyone properly, & put it out. It will be called CMS World Restoration, & the whole point is to restore the world, build settlements, & add back in some of the best parts of A16. I just want everyone's permission before I include their work in it. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, MandyCMoore said:

@xyth@sphereii@Darkstardragon@arramus@GanTheGrey@khzmusik@stallionsden May I have permission to use your NPCs/mods in a pack I am working on? I originally put it together for myself & my husband, but people who have been watching us play it have been asking for it so thought I would tweak it a little, add a list to credit everyone properly, & put it out. It will be called CMS World Restoration, & the whole point is to restore the world, build settlements, & add back in some of the best parts of A16. I just want everyone's permission before I include their work in it. Thanks!

I dont have any npcs. 

I only have pets which is really just xml edits. 

1 hour ago, MandyCMoore said:

For the NPC Mod, the limited things I have submitted were dependent on another creators' additions. Feel free to include in a modpack.

2 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

These mods are intended to be used in packs and other mods, so have at it and enjoy.

5 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

You are always free to use any of my modlets however you like. Credit is appreciated but not required.

When your mod/pack is released, let me know and I'll check it out.

5 hours ago, paul cornwall said:

i still hope u do an animal pack sometime it would be good to have tigers ,elephants ,scorpions, rhinos and other animals just to make maps more alive i used to love do the starvation mod when it was around

I believe Age of Oblivion or the Apocalypse Now overhauls add some of those animals to the game.

On 10/10/2022 at 8:54 PM, arramus said:

For the NPC Mod, the limited things I have submitted were dependent on another creators' additions. Feel free to include in a modpack.

Thanks so much!

On 10/10/2022 at 8:54 PM, xyth said:

These mods are intended to be used in packs and other mods, so have at it and enjoy.

Thank you so much!

On 10/11/2022 at 12:22 AM, khzmusik said:

You are always free to use any of my modlets however you like. Credit is appreciated but not required.

When your mod/pack is released, let me know and I'll check it out.

Thanks! And I will let ya know asap!

6 hours ago, paul cornwall said:

i still hope u do an animal pack sometime it would be good to have tigers ,elephants ,scorpions, rhinos and other animals just to make maps more alive i used to love do the starvation mod when it was around

But then you need an africa style overhaul.
These few excotic animals from a zoo maybe, won't survive long enough.

Had 3 nstances over a few hours of NPCs who were following me dissapearing. One time it was when i open a double door barn,another i think it was when i knocked a tree down(in previous versions i had often seen npc's die when knocking a tree down with them following me) the other time im unsure of but positive a zed didnt kill him or anything else.

The NPCs where baker axe,soldier4 smg from the sub modlet,if that matters but proably not.

Im on single player,up to date,no other mods. Iv tripled my zed population through 7DTD xml.

Not sure if its known issue or has been reported,nand im unable to reproduce it unfortunately.

3 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

Quick question, to stop the NPCs from opening doors, would I need to make some sort of adjustment in the SCore utilityai? Dang raiders keep waltzing in. Lol!

Make your own door and lock it. Didnt used to work,but new version of the NPC mod seems that NPCs adhere to not opening locked doors. Maybe someone can confirm but in my tests that seemed to work