Zombies spawning inside my undergroud base during blood moons.

rafaelrss

First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I didn't look to see if the bug I'm about to reveal here has already been reported to you. I didn't look because that's not my role, my role is just reporting a bug, of a game I bought in order to help in its development. so I repeat, I don't have the obligation or time to look for and worry about duplication of the bug report, that's your role.

The bug: I built an underground base, and every blood moon spawns zombies inside my base. I used the pvp protection block in the middle of the base to try and stop this from happening, but I was unsuccessful.

A20 is awesome!

- This link you passed reports a bug linked to LCB. While there is some similarity, I am reporting another bug.

+ Bug: I build an underground base and watch the only entrance to that base, at the top (at ground level). To my surprise, some zombies are not spawning in a lateral position (at ground level), they are spawning below me, inside my base.

- This is the bug, and this is a bug. If you don't consider this a bug, I will download a pirate alpha 19 and keep playing this version forever.

- Trying to "work around" this bug, I tried using LCB (I know this block wasn't created to stop blood moon spawns), but it didn't work.

- Here I ask a question: To maintain the realism of a horde coming to attack, shouldn't that horde come on the same level as the ground?

- My base is 13x13, 20 blocks deeper. I tried to set my bed at the ground level too, to prevent they spawning at the bed level, but it not working too.

- Anyone can simulate this bug I'm reporting, just build a base with these dimensions and wait the next night of blood moon.

- I have already reinstalled the game.

Thanks for while.

Since land claims will run from the top invisible ceiling to bedrock, the zombies could theoretically spawn at any point within it including well below the ground. They do not specify that it is only the active bed, although they should, because in spamming thousands of active beds you would think the range of zombie spawns would be negated almost entirely, but it is not. I had to check for science as I'm sure you were testing for science as well as most people prefer to play the game in an interesting way and I totally get it. If your intention is to keep that base I would recommend not to being inside of it during the blood moon and having an alternate, or yes they will spawn inside. It is easy enough to be outdoors until they spawn although you should not have to I agree they are limiting the parameters we can exist within yet again as opposed to increasing the parameters, and simultaneously the creative freedom that is allowed

Edited by Shnoz
Adding (see edit history)

22 hours ago, rafaelrss said:

This is the bug, and this is a bug. If you don't consider this a bug, I will download a pirate alpha 19 and keep playing this version forever.

You can revert to A19 thru Steam you know... no need to pirate a version. Open Steam, right click 7dtd go to properties then go to Beta's and select what version you want to play. You can go all the way back to Version 8.8.

9 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

You can revert to A19 thru Steam you know... no need to pirate a version. Open Steam, right click 7dtd go to properties then go to Beta's and select what version you want to play. You can go all the way back to Version 8.8.

Thanks you very much!