Jump to content

Pin Recipes Mod


ocbMaurice
 Share

Recommended Posts

Great mod!! Been looking for something like Undead Legacy's pins since my modding skills stop at xml/xpath :)

 

While doing some reskinning (resizing to allow for player bars, and fixing opacity/number placement so I can use this with my friends in our private game) I ran into a recipe error when testing the minibike recipe. I rolled back to the original 0.3.4 to verified this was an issue when the hammer icon of the pin is used to craft the minibike in the workbench and not something to do with the reskin. Possible my game file might be corrupt though.

 

Clicking on pin hammer to craft minibike and crafting proceeds as expected but the following appears in the log. I checked a few other recipes but they all appeared to work fine. Don't have a github account (will have to get one) or I would of posted this there.

image.png.db6eae1f39d668de9c43a60b9b6275cf.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thx for your report, I added this message because I couldn't find a use case to trigger that case.
First and foremost, if nothing else acts up you have nothing to worry, I just wasn't sure.
Was able to reproduce it now, so I can finally test this case and remove the message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been working on adding recipes with 10 ingredients thanks to Doughphungus mod to change the ingredient list window to show 10 slots. I was wondering which of these rects is the one that governs how many rows of ingredient slots the pinned window shows? My thought was to adjust it myself but then realized i am a novice with ui and i could more easily reach out here on the forum and see if you had any interest in helping with this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, but I don't, maybe ask the creator of that mod if he would want to make a compatibility patch.
Shouldn't be too hard, but of course the UI would need more space and therefore new layout.
Only hint I can give is that there are 5 `pinned_recipe_igredient_row` in the controls.xml ...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, magejosh said:

Not a bad point, @doughphunghus if you are interested I know I can't be the only one using both mods. All else fails i will give it a shot myself and share if i get it working.

I can’t promise anything on my side (that UI stuff is painful for me :), and I have a busy week) but if you can get it working send me what you have and I’ll see if I can make “compatibility patch” mod to mine to load alongside it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is this disclaimer on Nexus: Should also work for multiplayer, but hasn't been tested that well yet.
Not exactly sure which scenario you are describing. But to start any investigation
I would need a least a full log of the failing client and preferably of the "server".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @ocbMaurice, The mod is working well for me. I like that I can keep a track of how many of each item I have while collecting. I was wondering if there's a line in the code you can recommend to change so i can zoom the pinned boxes a little? I'm running in 1080 on a 32" screen and finding the text a little small to read, particularly the number for how many of each item I have. It could be the green numbers on a green tick/checkmark that are making it harder to read. I've tried zooming the UI to 100%. Do we need the checkmark to still be there if we have more than the required amount of that item?

So: Remaining required items in red = 4,3,2,1 etc.

Exact amount required = green checkmark.

More than required = no checkmark then numbers 1,2,3,4 etc.

Sorry to bother you with this. I'm hoping to feature your mod in my next video. All the best to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can check into loosing the checkmark if numbers are shown (seems redundant indeed).
But there is no easy way to "scale" the whole thing (at least not to my knowledge).
You would need to give it more width, which has a rat-tail of other dependencies.
E.g. Images are square so would also need to scale etc etc ...
I might be able to squeeze one or two font-sizes though.
Will keep in mind and might adjust some of it in the future.
Btw. I consider it a feature that the green number is far less visible than the red.
Since it is merely an additional info that is not that very important once shown IMO.
P.s. a screenshot might help as I don't have much problem reading the numbers at 1080 on a 28" 4K screen.

Edited by ocbMaurice (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2022 at 7:11 PM, ocbMaurice said:

There is this disclaimer on Nexus: Should also work for multiplayer, but hasn't been tested that well yet.
Not exactly sure which scenario you are describing. But to start any investigation
I would need a least a full log of the failing client and preferably of the "server".

Hi @ocbMaurice, been busy the last couple of days, but here is the log for our last play session. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qifuruuktx11842/output_log__2022-01-05__20-00-36.zip?dl=0 (Edit: I'm new to dropbox, if this link doesn't work let me know).  I do not see any errors in the log for the 3+ hour session.

 

I'm starting my 7 Days to Die, loading our game and allowing other players to join me, so I am effectively the server and failing client at the same time.  What I am seeing is when other open their crafting menu, the recipes they tag show up on my screen. Sometimes I can close them, other times clicking the X does nothing. Others are also seeing recipes on their screen that they have not added as well. This is not consistent though.

 

I'm going to try and migrate our game save to a separate install of 7D2D to run as a dedicated server and give that a try on Sunday and see if that makes a difference.

 

Edit: If no one joins my game, the pinned recipes work perfectly fine.

Edited by tdrhart
Added comment to link. (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Tallman Brad said:

Hi @ocbMaurice, The mod is working well for me. I like that I can keep a track of how many of each item I have while collecting. I was wondering if there's a line in the code you can recommend to change so i can zoom the pinned boxes a little? I'm running in 1080 on a 32" screen and finding the text a little small to read, particularly the number for how many of each item I have. It could be the green numbers on a green tick/checkmark that are making it harder to read. I've tried zooming the UI to 100%. Do we need the checkmark to still be there if we have more than the required amount of that item?

So: Remaining required items in red = 4,3,2,1 etc.

Exact amount required = green checkmark.

More than required = no checkmark then numbers 1,2,3,4 etc.

Sorry to bother you with this. I'm hoping to feature your mod in my next video. All the best to you.

Hi @Tallman Brad, I've been playing with this mod as well and love it. I'm learning how to mod the UI and made an attempt to reskin the pinned recipes. I've rearranged the icons a bit, separated the checkmark from the numbers, and tried to add more contrast to the text. I also have the background opacity working (matches UI) but haven't figured out the foreground opacity yet. If you want to give it a try, just replace the existing mods Config/XUi as they are designed to work with the existing mods files. @ocbMaurice, I hope you don't mind my sharing these files. If so let me know and I'll take them down.

 

Config/XUi files for Pinned Recipes https://www.dropbox.com/s/gprl8dg5tiktez3/XUi.zip?dl=0 (Edit: I'm new to Dropbox, if this link doesn't work let me know)

You can have the pins on the left or right side, just edit the Config/XUi/windows.xml file and change the anchor and pos attributes (currently set to right side).

 

pinned recipes.jpg

Edited by tdrhart
Added comment to link. (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, tdrhart said:

Hi @Tallman Brad, I've been playing with this mod as well and love it. I'm learning how to mod the UI and made an attempt to reskin the pinned recipes. I've rearranged the icons a bit, separated the checkmark from the numbers, and tried to add more contrast to the text. I also have the background opacity working (matches UI) but haven't figured out the foreground opacity yet. If you want to give it a try, just replace the existing mods Config/XUi as they are designed to work with the existing mods files. @ocbMaurice, I hope you don't mind my sharing these files. If so let me know and I'll take them down.

 

Config/XUi files for Pinned Recipes https://www.dropbox.com/s/gprl8dg5tiktez3/XUi.zip?dl=0

You can have the pins on the left or right side, just edit the Config/XUi/windows.xml file and change the anchor and pos attributes (currently set to right side).

 

pinned recipes.jpg

You beat me to it! I've been doing the same! I made the numbers bigger then moved the checkmark to the upper right of the icon. Hadn't got round to trying to scale anything else though. Or move it to the other side of the screen. @tdrhart you've done a much better job than I could! 

 

@ocbMaurice the edited version I've made is just for my personal use and to test if it can be made more legible (for my eyes). I think losing the checkmark and making the numbers a little bigger would be great for others who want to try it though. It's extremely useful!

Edited by Tallman Brad (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ocbMaurice said:

It needs to be installed on server and each client.
EAC also needs to be disabled on server and each client.

 

I made the Mods folder and subfolders. Sent them via ftp as the manual said, but it gives error message when joining the server and login interrupts. Is there more setup to be done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @ocbMaurice,

 

Have done some more testing with dedicated server and seems to work but there were only two of us. I should be able to test with 4 or 5 players tomorrow. If everything continues to work well, I would guess that the strange behaviour we encountered was due to either the peer-to-peer play we were using or corruption in the server game save files.  I'll post back either way.

 

Edit: Have play tested version 0.4.0 with 5 players over 4 hours with dedicated server. Pinning, removing, pinning more than 6 visible at a time, crafting from pin, increasing/decreasing number to craft, etc. all worked without any issues.  I could not reproduce any of the issues encountered while playing peer-to-peer.

Edited by tdrhart
Update on testing. (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2022 at 2:49 AM, Greymantle said:

I have EAC off and the clients have the mod too. I can't get this to work. I use it with my single play thanks.

I did run into some weirdness when playing peer-to-peer or when one of the clients didn't have EAC disabled or missed deploying the dll. Once we transitioned to dedicated server, EAC off on all clients and server, and mod xml/dll deployed to all clients and server, the mod works flawlessly.

 

You stated you were using a dedicated server and all clients/server had EAC turned off and mod deployed.  That should be all you need to do.  I assume your dedicated server was working correctly before adding the mod? Firewall, port forwarding, networking all good?

 

When you say you couldn't get this to work, what was not working? Was the game crashing on startup? Were there errors or warnings in the log? Did the pin option not appear in the crafting menu?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...