Mr.Devolver's modest modlist (last update: January 10, 2024)

mr.devolver

Hello,

welcome to my modest mod list.

DISCLAIMER:

Mods here are Work In Progress, they may change for better balance and other improvements.

Just click the mod title to download. Enjoy!

Spoiler

TODO: Add some fancy description here to get those clicks and downloads... 😛

GSgvfUr.png

Radioharm Hyluck

Adds an alternative way of curing dysentery to the Game.

Manufacturer's name as well as the name of this medicine is unreadable, although old survivors believe its name was Hyluck made by Radioharm and it used to be a very potent medicine to cure all kinds of digestive and intestinal problems including, but not limited to dysentery. Definitely beats Goldenrod Tea, but it's more rare. You should probably keep this for the most severe cases.

Free Lunch Machines

Adds lootable vending machines aka "Free Lunch". It does NOT remove the original machines, so you will still get machines that you can buy from, broken machines that are useless and now also broken machines that can be opened with a lockpick (or broken) and looted for items that are normally found in a working vending machine. Also, chances are other survivors spent some dukes there before the damn thing broke, but they surely won't need them anymore...

Note: You might need to start a new game for this mod to work. Sigh, if anyone wants to figure out how to get around that requirement, feel free to hack the code and don't forget to let me know, so that I can implement the changes accordingly and keep playing my current character instead of starting a new game over and over again lol, thank you!

More Beakers And Acid

This mod changes Beakers and Acid loot probability group from veryLow to just low where applicable, increasing their chance to be found in the loot where they can (or should be) usually found.

Remove Early Quest Resource Indicators

This mod removes early quest resource indicators for those who want the original game experience back. Experience the game as it once was before it started holding your hand through the early in-game days. Enjoy!

The following mods are my add-ons / contributions to NPCMod - A Community Project, and as such, they require SCore, NPCCore base mods, and character packs installed to work properly, unless specified otherwise in the mod description.

Installation instructions and download links to those base mods are on the main NPCMod forum page here.
2PmQvDi.png

wTMrqFL.png

2-RaiderGurlzPack_Friendly

This is an add-on for awesome RaiderGurlzPack from DarkStarDragon. This mod adds friendly versions of Raider Gurlz that are normally hostile, so that when you meet one of the friendly ones, you can hire them to work for you, or to be your followers. Please note that for this mod to work, you absolutely NEED to have the base 1-RaiderGurlzPack from DarkStarDragon installed, because my mod relies on its resources, thanks for understanding!

avNZaA3.png

BagAlert

This mod is inspired by another mod zAlert by bdubyah and feature from EndZ overhaul by Thee_Legion. For those who don't know, zAlert detects zombies and places their icons on compass. My BagAlert mod does something similar, but for dropped loot bags. It places colored icons into the world to point you into the direction of dropped loot bags. It's compatible with loot bags dropped by NPCMod. I realize not everyone may like this type of mod, but people with poor eye sight like me may find it useful.

Some screenshots from the gameplay are in the spoiler. Yes, it's a gameplay from EndZ overhaul, so it's compatible with it for those interested! :)

Spoiler

Yellow loot bag indicator on the left, blue loot bag indicator on the right

ipBYvJu.jpg

Red loot bag indicator down there on the road

uuib2nH.jpg

It's been a while and I feel a bit rusty when it comes to this stuff; I tried to hook it up with buffs, but it didn't work on my end, so if anyone feels like making any improvements to this, please do so and please share your improved version with me, I always appreciate contributions!

Speaking of contributors, I'd like to give credit to @arramus for his kind help and testing and all other nice people on Guppy's Discord for their assistance!

UPDATE LOG:

January 10, 2024:

• Added BagAlert mod - Adds in on screen indicators of dropped loot bags.

January 23, 2022:

January 13, 2022:

• Added a new mod: Remove Early Quest Resource Indicators for those who want to experience the game as it once was before it started holding your hand through the early in-game days. Enjoy!

January 10, 2022:

• I fixed a problem in Radioharm Hyluck mod due to which the product would never show up in the store. The chance was meant to be small, but not 0% lol. Please reinstall the mod.
  • Added couple of new mods
Edited by mr.devolver
Update (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

Oooh! I love the idea of the Free Lunch Machines. And I was looking for an excuse to start over anyway because I have a new seed I want to try. LOL

Great, please let me know if it needs more balancing like ratio between individual machines - working, broken useless, broken lootable.

Right now it's set like this: Working machines should have the same chance as before - 33%, chance of broken useless was 66 before, now it's split between broken useless and broken lootable by 24 : 42 respectively.

Now, this MAY feel generous at first glance, but I did a quick test in Navezgane and I didn't find too many lootable ones, but if you take it to those big cities of random gen, it may feel OP, so balance test is needed in real gameplay.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Great, please let me know if it needs more balancing like ratio between individual machines - working, broken useless, broken lootable.

I'll definitely let you know, but vending machines are so very RNG dependent so I hope more people try it out and give feedback too. In one of my A20 saves, out of 18 vending machines I checked (yes, I was keeping a list at the time), the only working ones were at the two nearby traders. LOL Some of my other A20 starts have fared a bit better but not by much. That's why I was happy to see your mod - to break up the broken vending monotony a bit. Just a little something extra and new to make things interesting. :D 

Reporting in with my findings! From my limited experience, it seems pretty balanced in terms of numbers of lootable vending machines vs broken & working VMs. In the smallish town I'm currently in, I've located 8 VMs so far (not counting the trader). Of those:

2 working

2 lootable

4 broken

RNG is what it is, so I'd probably have to clear an entire map to find out if your intended spawn rates bear out. LOL 

At first it seemed like the lootables were giving a lot of stuff, but on closer inspection, much of it was common drink items and some canned goods, so if you factor in that I could make most of the drink items myself, I ended up walking away with about 180 - 240 Dukes worth of free canned food, if you use the regular vending prices as a guide. Which is a very nice treat, but not excessive, IMO. I did get one Mega Crush from the second lootable VM  which was an awesome little bonus. (And technically, I found two lootable machines but one of them later ended up being a quest location so it reset and I got to loot it again, so I sampled three loot lots. Free Lunch indeed! :D )

So overall I'm very pleased. There's enough stuff in there to make the lootable VMs feel like a lucky find, but not so much that feels OP. I think that the balance is pretty much on point for the type of players that would be attracted to a mod like this.

9 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

Reporting in with my findings! From my limited experience, it seems pretty balanced in terms of numbers of lootable vending machines vs broken & working VMs. In the smallish town I'm currently in, I've located 8 VMs so far (not counting the trader). Of those:

2 working

2 lootable

4 broken

RNG is what it is, so I'd probably have to clear an entire map to find out if your intended spawn rates bear out. LOL 

At first it seemed like the lootables were giving a lot of stuff, but on closer inspection, much of it was common drink items and some canned goods, so if you factor in that I could make most of the drink items myself, I ended up walking away with about 180 - 240 Dukes worth of free canned food, if you use the regular vending prices as a guide. Which is a very nice treat, but not excessive, IMO. I did get one Mega Crush from the second lootable VM  which was an awesome little bonus. (And technically, I found two lootable machines but one of them later ended up being a quest location so it reset and I got to loot it again, so I sampled three loot lots. Free Lunch indeed! :D )

So overall I'm very pleased. There's enough stuff in there to make the lootable VMs feel like a lucky find, but not so much that feels OP. I think that the balance is pretty much on point for the type of players that would be attracted to a mod like this.

Thank you for your feedback! I see you tested it more thoroughly than I did myself before I released it, so I'm glad to hear it feels balanced to you! :D I'm testing couple of other mods on my current gameplay and as you know this mod, while still working on existing saves, it cannot change the machines that were already spawned before installing and new machines will only show up if you either reset a POI which contains a vending machine or when you discover a new area that has them, so even though my current character is level 90+, I have "found" only one lootable machine in HIGASHI PHARMACEUTICAL and even that was only because I had to reset the POI for quest.

1 hour ago, mr.devolver said:

Thank you for your feedback! I see you tested it more thoroughly than I did myself before I released it, so I'm glad to hear it feels balanced to you! :D I'm testing couple of other mods on my current gameplay and as you know this mod, while still working on existing saves, it cannot change the machines that were already spawned before installing and new machines will only show up if you either reset a POI which contains a vending machine or when you discover a new area that has them, so even though my current character is level 90+, I have "found" only one lootable machine in HIGASHI PHARMACEUTICAL and even that was only because I had to reset the POI for quest.

You're welcome! I start new saves a lot so it was no hardship to start fresh for the mod. I definitely plan to keep Free Lunch Machines in my "permanent collection" - the modlets that I keep from save to save. I like how it adds little "oh yay!" moments to my exploring. :D 

1 hour ago, Mahnogard said:

You're welcome! I start new saves a lot so it was no hardship to start fresh for the mod. I definitely plan to keep Free Lunch Machines in my "permanent collection" - the modlets that I keep from save to save. I like how it adds little "oh yay!" moments to my exploring. :D 

Yeah, I totally understand, I also like those little additions here and there that enhance the gameplay, those are always nice to have. :)

• mr.devolver changed the title to Mr.Devolver's modest modlist (last update: January 10, 2022)
  • mr.devolver changed the title to Mr.Devolver's modest modlist (last update: January 13, 2022)
  • mr.devolver changed the title to Mr.Devolver's modest modlist (last update: January 23, 2022)
  • 1 month later...

Hello - 

I downloaded the Free Lunch mod but don't know/can't tell if this is server side only or needs a client side install? I didn't see that covered anywhere. Can you let me know if this is server side or client side or both? I'm looking for only SERVER side mods so I can install and go...  No player needs to worry about it on their end.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

Hello - 

I downloaded the Free Lunch mod but don't know/can't tell if this is server side only or needs a client side install? I didn't see that covered anywhere. Can you let me know if this is server side or client side or both? I'm looking for only SERVER side mods so I can install and go...  No player needs to worry about it on their end.

Thanks.

There are no custom assets in Free lunch mod .... it changes blocks to change their states so would require server restart on a new save but is a server sided solution.

Generally any mod that adds custom assets ( Resources Folder in the mod directory) would be 'client and server',  most mod authors now are stating the uses more clearly than in the past I find.

Regards

Ragsy !!

• 1 month later...

Just dropping by to say that I'm still using Free Lunch and still loving it! It actually saved my butt the other day. LOL RNG was not being nice with the food situation and then I came across a vending machine with just enough goodies to get me through till I found some chickens to club. 😄

• mr.devolver changed the title to Mr.Devolver's modest modlist (last update: January 10, 2024)