Ideas on new POI's badly needed in random gen.

elle_dejavu

Random gen is beautifully done, but extremely lacking in POI's to explore. I think we should have a mall (think Dawn of the Dead) and an abandoned carnival complete with fun house would be an awesome addition and of course, an insane asylum or hospital. Other ideas, anyone?

Prison, Oil Field, Quarry, Hospital, Mine Shaft, Hunting Stand, Survivalist Bunker, Bombing Range (with unexploded rounds), Swimming Pool, Creepy Dark Culvert, Dam, Ranger Station (in forested areas), Construction Site, and I’m sure I could think of some more. I really enjoy the potential this game has.

Schools, warehouses, train / bus stations, train yards (with lots of defunct train cars), fast food places / restaurants, parks (like the smaller town / city parks, with benches and fountains and such, as well as dirt or gravel walking / jogging paths), zoos, museums, aquariums (now that we have deep water, and could lead to some additional food sources, or undead salt water horrors), and various theme parks (carnival is typically small, what about Six Flags?). That should get things started.

All awesome ideas. @lazerblade A theme park would be much bigger, true. I was just thinking of something along the lines of the one in the horror classic, Funhouse. It was so creepy, but I'm sure a theme park could be made creepy as well. Picturing a fallen ferris wheel with mangled bodies scattered around it as if that's where those unfortunate souls were when then zombies came and rocked the wheel over. >;)

[QUOTE=elle_dejavu;128750]Ladies need entertainment too. =P[/QUOTE] 1. Seriously debatable :p 2. While I can imagine it would be a good place to find lots of oil, this POI can't exist until old lady zombies are implemented... As it would need to be packed with them.

What? That deserved a three-ché. Anyway thought of another couple of POIs: Mass graves. Should be militarized like they were killing people off before they turned. Mobile research labs (like the kind in outbreak) - would be great for finding beakers.

Yes yes yes. Airports yes. Hospitals yes. Bars, Military Bases, Theme Parks, Oil Fields Yes. I think the list is virtually endless and all of them are possible and do-able. Ultimately, I think a large majority of them will be player driven content. Imagine a custom prefab.xml that gives a different poi for each city block in a city.. one that is filled with so many templates that the odds of a double generation within a biome are nil. The immersion of a non generic randomly generated world isn't too far away!

I know it's not a POI but I'd like to see steel retention barriers added to the game as a pickup. You see them in lines for playstations, you'd think they'd have them during a major outbreak such as this. POI's: Hospitals, Firehouses, A creepy mansion(think Scooby Doo), Easter Eggs like Santa's Workshop, Restaurants especially in the city, Convenience stores, and more broken POIs that can be salvaged. It's hard to believe that not a building in the city survived(except the new apartments) and yet log cabins remain 100% intact.

Archived