CCTV camera station

Tristan

I've been playing 7 days to die ever since it came out and I was in like 3rd grade, so I kinda grew up with the game and saw how much it's improved and all. Anyways I'm not here to talk about how old I was or whatever I wanted to talk about some sort of cctv camera station mechanic implemented in the game. Players would be able to use the station to view cameras hooked up to it. Also I feel like In order to keep that 7 days to die feel to it you should make it kinda like the player vending machine. Nothing to fancy and high-tech just like a wooden or metal desk with a chair and a bunch of little monitors. Also you wouldn't teleport into the monitor, you would do a cool short animation of getting into the chair then you would go into a menu thing that shows you camera one camera two etc. Also limit the amount of cameras that can be hooked up to a cctv station at once. The cctv station wouldn't be this super big thing or a bunch of monitors on a wall or some crazy high-tech super thin monitors like you see in a marvel movie or something. It would just be something the size of the workbench. To make things more multiplayer friendly just make the player sit in a chair that's apart of the cctv station, without a chair the player would just sit there awkwardly and that would look really weird in multiplayer. Also when the cctv station isn't powered all the monitors would just be black but when turned on it would do some sort of static animation every once in a while nothing too complicated. OooooOo and make it so the durability of the camera effects what your seeing like if the camera was 20/50 the video would be glitchy or blurry or cracked whatever looks best maybe make it so it gets worse the lower the durability is. Idk if this is obvious or not but cameras would be numbered by which order they were connected like the first camera would be named camera 1 and the second camera connected would be named camera 2 so on so on. 

I'm not suggesting anything too crazy I don't think it's really that too complex. The reason I'm suggesting this is for the people that build bases that you go into and kinda just lock yourself up for blood moon and if your underground or your base has no windows there's really no way to see where the heck the zombies are or going. I don't think this is really all that much of a problem, but I think adding a cctv station where you could hook up your motion sensor cameras to it and just go through different cameras and zoom in, turn on night vision, would be and epic fun way to tackle this problem. Some people like just seeing what's going on outside of your base while still being in the comfort of your base. This would be really fun in multiplayer especially during blood moon, like I can just imagine one guy flipping through the different cameras and telling them they've entered the base or there's a whole bunch of them coming from the east and he flips to camera 1 and sees them trying to break through the door tells the other players to go to the main entrance or something lol. Would be really interesting to see something like this and I hope it becomes a reality. 

Yeah I was a big fan of the CCTV mod in A19. I didn't find the lag bad at all in singleplayer on my rig. To be fair there's a lot of variation in people's performance results with this game and it doesn't seem wholly related to system specs a lot of times oddly. But yeah, I loved having the ability to easily see where the threat was coming from or when the walls were getting beaten down. Its not always easy to hear it happening and if you have a larger base you definitely will not notice it in time. There's definitely room for a feature like that in the base game. They have all of the basics already with things like motion detectors and the turret cam view etc. Hell, with the new drone it'd be great if you could see from its perspective and fly it to scout a place out ahead of time too. Makes sense since they don't want to give it offensive capabilities. Its pretty useless as it is now even as a flashlight.