Deverezieaux's POIs now as a modlet!

Deverezieaux

For anyone interested here is the undamaged/zombie-free version of the tractor supply and a folder with it's parts: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12MT6fyLhMb0f45VZyV4Nj8ipvvmPG2oW/view?usp=sharing

You'll need to unzip it and put the parts in the appropriate folder for them to work correctly.

The final dungeonized version and parts will all be included in my modlet when it releases for easier installation, this is intended for folks who may want an undamaged version, this is also not optimized. The modlet is almost ready, just verifying some POI spawns as large POIs are fairly rare.

Slightly updated version uploaded.

Edited by Deverezieaux (see edit history)

• Deverezieaux changed the title to Deverezieaux's POIs now as a modlet!

Hi all, just in case you missed it the first post in this thread now includes the promo for the co-release of my new modlet, and ZZTong's latest modlet release. Going forward all new releases will be included in the updated modlet link in the very first post!

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26551-deverezieauxs-pois-now-as-a-modlet/

It's been a minute since I've talked about the Duplex Neighborhood tile, but this is coming along so well I wanted to share a couple of images. I need 14 total unique Duplex POIs, of which I now have 9 totally finished and 1 that needs to be dungeonized, but is otherwise done. This will be the next major release of my modlet. I am going to try and somewhat randomize the Duplex spawns so the tile is unique every time. I'll have to play with this a bit.

duplextile1.thumb.jpg.68bd19a1cbf9fb8497ad7c89a50e6432.jpgduplextile2.thumb.jpg.c2d502878dbe75748f50883b599a9c00.jpg

2 hours ago, Deverezieaux said:

It's been a minute since I've talked about the Duplex Neighborhood tile, but this is coming along so well I wanted to share a couple of images. I need 14 total unique Duplex POIs, of which I now have 9 totally finished and 1 that needs to be dungeonized, but is otherwise done. This will be the next major release of my modlet. I am going to try and somewhat randomize the Duplex spawns so the tile is unique every time. I'll have to play with this a bit.

duplextile1.thumb.jpg.68bd19a1cbf9fb8497ad7c89a50e6432.jpgduplextile2.thumb.jpg.c2d502878dbe75748f50883b599a9c00.jpg

In the tile poi spawns place 1 word like duplex in the tag box.

Then on the poi itself in the tags place duplex.

Then you will get a random place each time as you are after.

This is very cool 😎 btw

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

I'll have to make sure the rules that prevent duplicate spawns in a certain range don't make no POI spawn, I had this issue when working on the crater tile. I also want to make sure that one of each duplex spawns on the tile, just that they are in different positions. I don't want multiples of the same duplex, just a different layout each time.

24 minutes ago, Deverezieaux said:

I'll have to make sure the rules that prevent duplicate spawns in a certain range don't make no POI spawn, I had this issue when working on the crater tile. I also want to make sure that one of each duplex spawns on the tile, just that they are in different positions. I don't want multiples of the same duplex, just a different layout each time.

If your duplexs are all different named then that should be fine. With the same tag for all poi markers and in each poi tag you should get a random duplex on each of those spots on your tile . If not it be a bug as long as the simple rules you mention also are followed to

Hi Lemon, pardon the delayed reply, I believe since this is your first message it took a while to appear in my notifications. I'd be okay with that as long as it's included as-is with proper accreditation as you've indicated.

Just to be clear there are currently 20 active POIs in the modlet and 4 tiles, along with some assorted parts. If you want the arcade POI included then it needs Cranberry Monster's arcade props, if they're not included the modlet will still work, the arcade POI will just not spawn. It may be helpful to include a link to the first post in this thread which explains the modlet use, though there is also a readme file in the modlet which explains it. Also, the current release contains several unused POIs which won't appear as long as you don't modify the modlet, and I'd prefer it stay that way until the next release which will include these unused POIs.

There has been a small update to the Modinfo.xml in the modlet to correct Linux compatibility. Thanks to @Lemon Pie for noting that for Linux Modinfo.xml needs to be typed "ModInfo.xml" with a capital "I" to be recognized. The new version contains this edit, but if you are using the previous version on Linux you can change the filename to correct this issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I know a lot of you have been  waiting for an Alpha 21 update of my work. Unfortunately my busy summer has turned into a rather difficult September. I’m having some hard personal times, and I appreciate your patience. I’m hoping when I come back I’ll do some cool stuff.

Edited by Deverezieaux (see edit history)

On 9/10/2023 at 10:36 PM, Deverezieaux said:

Hi everyone. I know a lot of you have been  waiting for an Alpha 21 update of my work. Unfortunately my busy summer has turned into a rather difficult September. I’m having some hard personal times, and I appreciate your patience. I’m hoping when I come back I’ll do some cool stuff.

Wishing you well.  Take your time.  So you are aware, most of your POI only need anywhere from 1-10 blocks fixed after running the automatic update commands.  It's just your bigger ones that will take a lot of time.  Of course, that's just to update the blocks and not to make updates to make use of the new art assets.

• 1 month later...