Deverezieaux's POIs now as a modlet!

Deverezieaux

I've not tried to use XSLT to add to the Tags in a Vanilla POI's XML file, as is commonly done with other configuration files. I've just assumed that whatever code runs the XSLT wouldn't be turned loose on a POI's XML. But maybe that works...?

You could copy the TFP's rubble POIs that you want to be in your pool of possible POIs, then tag them as you wish. I assume you'd rename them if you did. I could see also making them a slightly different size so that your copies don't end up in places where the originals land. I've not found that option to be desirable for me, but maybe you'd find that okay.

I've been frustrated by a similar issue in reverse. The vanilla Gateway Tile has a place where a couple of different bits of content spawn across the street from the Trader. I can make a POI for that spot, tag it appropriately, but there's no way to add my Part to the Gateway Tile's list of Parts, unless perhaps editing the Tile's XML file via XSLT is an option. I've not wanted it so badly as to be motivated to try it. I'd rather wait for the ability to make custom Gateway Tiles.

53 minutes ago, zztong said:

I've not tried to use XSLT to add to the Tags in a Vanilla POI's XML file, as is commonly done with other configuration files. I've just assumed that whatever code runs the XSLT wouldn't be turned loose on a POI's XML. But maybe that works...?

You could copy the TFP's rubble POIs that you want to be in your pool of possible POIs, then tag them as you wish. I assume you'd rename them if you did. I could see also making them a slightly different size so that your copies don't end up in places where the originals land. I've not found that option to be desirable for me, but maybe you'd find that okay.

I've been frustrated by a similar issue in reverse. The vanilla Gateway Tile has a place where a couple of different bits of content spawn across the street from the Trader. I can make a POI for that spot, tag it appropriately, but there's no way to add my Part to the Gateway Tile's list of Parts, unless perhaps editing the Tile's XML file via XSLT is an option. I've not wanted it so badly as to be motivated to try it. I'd rather wait for the ability to make custom Gateway Tiles.

Well I'll be dipped in s**t, apparently you can just set a PartSpawn with a POIMarkerPartToSpawn with the value of any POI. Using this XML:

<property name="POIMarkerType" value="PartSpawn" />
  <property name="POIMarkerPartToSpawn" value="rubble_downtown_filler_01" />

I got the result below. I have yet to generate a world with this tile, but this looks promising.

poispawnaspart.thumb.jpg.6cdc68a72e82c82618b3b0b54397cb91.jpg

1 hour ago, zztong said:

The vanilla Gateway Tile has a place where a couple of different bits of content spawn across the street from the Trader. I can make a POI for that spot, tag it appropriately

It occurred to me that I do have another option. When you use XSLT to add another Gateway to the mix, it replaces the TFP one. I could copy TFP one, add any custom Parts to it, and in that way extend it. The trouble would be if all modlets did that, only one would "win."

13 minutes ago, Deverezieaux said:

Well I'll be dipped in s**t, apparently you can just

Glad you found an option for your Tile; sorry that figuring that out cost you a trip to the showers.

I saw earlier in the thread you were working on making older prefabs compatible with Alpha 20. There are a couple in particular that I like and tried to get working, but found out how they having missing blocks and the like. If you are still working on incompatible prefabs, would you mind taking a look at these two?

(I couldn't find a thread for this on the forum, however it is available on the 7DTD Mods website) https://7daystodiemods.com/the-vault-prefab/

Below is one of Pille's prefabs, a bunker, which also has missing blocks. He's not too active in the prefabbing scene as of recent, so I don't expect to see him working on this anytime soon-

1 hour ago, Arma Rex said:

Below is one of Pille's prefabs, a bunker, which also has missing blocks. He's not too active in the prefabbing scene as of recent, so I don't expect to see him working on this anytime soon

Pille is still around, but happy to take a look. Are you using Infinity? If it’s not in there and functional @stallionsden  & @Pille may have found issues and decided not to include it. I’ll take a look tomorrow though.

Hi gang, the crater tile is in a state where I feel it's shareable, though I may not be done with it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZAr00L8b8zM9omvktCz-_xeyvELrWUs/view?usp=sharing

Take a look and let me know if you think it could use anything else like more debris. Keep in mind it uses POIs as parts using the XML I posted previously, which hasn't caused me any issues in game, for example Sleeper volumes in the POIs still work just fine. If you notice anything with this though, let me know. It does skip the non-repeating POI within a certain distance rule, but in my RWG tests this hasn't been an issue.

You'll need XML like this at the bottom of your RWG mixer to use:

<streettile name="rwg_tile_downtown_intersection_crater">
        <property name="maxtiles" value="1"/>
        <property name="mintiles" value="1"/>
        <property name="maxdensity" value="1000"/>
        <property name="spawn_custom_size_prefabs" value="true"/>
    </streettile>

Here are some pics.

crater1.thumb.jpg.47209940de8de8c17c26fe0596c116ee.jpg

crater2.thumb.jpg.74454b124c29688da4c3870a933128a2.jpg

crater3.thumb.jpg.dfa6849fa4dff9537914b5130543c205.jpg

I like the storm sewer tube and ladder. I kind of wish TFP would have put a storm sewer under all of the urban roads on their tiles so they would interconnect. I used a different shape and you've got me wondering if I should redo to match.

3 hours ago, zztong said:

put a storm sewer under all of the urban roads

When I was looking for examples of storm sewers/drains from existing tiles I was surprised how many tiles had sewers that I hadn't found when I've been exploring A20 RWG maps in game. I actually think it would be fairly simple (I don't want to say easy because it'd be time consuming) for TFP to make interconnected sewers or subways between tiles. The problem would be where the tiles don't meet up or the edges of a city/town they would just abruptly end. Currently they make them end by making them collapsed or having big steel gates. I wonder if there's a way to make an optional part like a gate or debris that would show up only when there's no tile for the sewers/subways to link to. I have noticed sewer parts in the vanilla prefabs, so I'm wondering if they're planning to implement some procedurally generated sewers already?

Edited by Deverezieaux (see edit history)

To make storm sewers line up between Tiles, you have to make sure they are under the roads that exit the Tiles. they can go anywhere on the interior of the Tile, but the road connections are the "interface", so to speak.

Yes, they would just abruptly end at the edge of town. It will be a dirt/stone wall. There are no "conditional parts", though I know Stallion and I have talked about how cool "conditional parts" would be. That is, the part is placed not by random chance, but instead if there was a neighboring tile, or not. Or, even if the neighboring tile were of the same District, or not. In that way, we could make Cities and/or Districts within cities have features that connected across Tiles, or terminate appropriately.

Just an FYI all, the crater tile was slightly updated due to a depth issue, 37 instead of 35 blocks deep which meant two layers were getting cut off. It wasn't a big deal visually, but I wanted to ensure it was corrected. The existing link has the current version. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZAr00L8b8zM9omvktCz-_xeyvELrWUs/view?usp=sharing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took a break from the steel mill to do a collaborative effort with @Cranberry Monster to showcase his awesome new arcade game props. Here is an non-dungeonized version of "Cran's Arcade" https://drive.google.com/file/d/19vzLJvK_cGMp0fVf83AChq_8TZFYNA_z/view?usp=sharing

This is a clean, undamaged, un-optimized version strictly for showcasing the props. The dungeonized/optimized version will be out later this week. Cran is also working on pinball machine props which will be added to the upper level of the arcade when they're done, replacing the tables which are essentially placeholders. Enjoy!

Almost forgot, here's a direct link to Cran's arcade game props post in mods, drop these in your mods folder:

arc_ext1.thumb.jpg.8cf1c631f519c5ab9a2813db9e752aea.jpgarc_int1.thumb.jpg.00784260545f0b7dd56b3f98edd87c54.jpg

Edited by Deverezieaux
Added mod link (see edit history)

Hey all, here's the dungeonized version of the arcade: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ujRWQgejXjNpvv54mcKA_fx9t6uodjh0/view?usp=sharing

I renamed the undamaged version to "store_arcade_undamaged_01" at the original link so just be sure if you want both to pay attention to the names.

As a reminder these will be updated with pinball machines when Cran is satisfied they're done.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/19/2022 at 12:13 AM, Cranberry Monster said:

Just wanted to let you know a friend and I have run the Restore Power quest in this baby twice in our current play through and enjoyed it immensely. Keep up the good work!

That's great! Sorry I'm just hearing this, I had to step away for a while to work on some real world projects. You'll appreciate this one @Cranberry Monster: 

IMG_3405.thumb.jpg.d08c4a1e9ef4d28333cd25da7f2425d6.jpg

Built the whole thing from the ground up (including all the woodwork) to donate to charity.

1 hour ago, Deverezieaux said:

That's great! Sorry I'm just hearing this, I had to step away for a while to work on some real world projects. You'll appreciate this one @Cranberry Monster: 

Built the whole thing from the ground up (including all the woodwork) to donate to charity.

Man Kids these days won't know the fun we all had at arcades back in the day. 

Such a kind hearted thing you doing for charity 

On 11/18/2022 at 9:46 AM, Deverezieaux said:

Good job on that cab, and for a good cause! Gotta share that old skool love!

Better late than never; here is the condemned Navezgane Steel Mill POI: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rd49FuPhIpgjhbsmOS56WuIhMsK01_8z/view?usp=sharing

I'm forgoing providing an undamaged version of this POI since it was an abandoned/condemned facility it started out damaged anyway. It's only a tier 4, and has fetch/clear/hidden stash quests. I've playtested it a bit but like all POIs it can always use more playtesting. Hit me up with any issues. The dungeon path may be a bit confusing given the type of facility and the fact there are a few branches off the dungeon path. Enjoy.

EDITS: I didn't want to create a separate entry, but just FYI to anyone interested, the Undamaged Version of Cran's Arcade has been updated with the pinball machines at the existing link.

Also new version of factory uploaded 11/30/2022. Minor edits.

steelmill_ext1.thumb.jpg.03dbfa7350a6359e3f10845bac8db83e.jpgsteelmill_ext3.thumb.jpg.27bb5a8106397b58c048a4cffb44733f.jpgsteelmill_int1.thumb.jpg.d8e62cc4d36c0ebd1a9445409a2f56ef.jpgsteelmill_int2.thumb.jpg.17198f65646f1fcc4251ef43dbf316a7.jpg

Edited by Deverezieaux (see edit history)

I've been working on another to fill the rural 60x60 prefab slot which doesn't have a lot of vanilla options. If you have my Cidery POI installed you may have noticed it pops up a lot as there aren't many prefabs that fill this role. I didn't want to do another farm (or farm-like) POI, but wanted something that fits the rural theme so I went with a tractor dealership. This is going to be a part-heavy POI that I've been making a lot of tractor and heavy equipment parts for with lots of variants. The way I have the parts set you should never see the same layout of equipment any time this spawns in a new world. Problem is, as much as I've worked on the parts, I am just not thrilled with the results and wanted to see if I'm just being too critical. Using blocks for vehicles rarely works well, and I know there are mods out there that include some of these as buildable/drivable vehicles I don't want to force anyone to use a vehicle mod to get a POI to work correctly. Take a look at the pics and let me know your thoughts.

NOTE, MODLET INCOMING: Also, just a heads up everyone. I will also be posting a modlet with all of my POIs tiles and parts to the top of this thread in the coming days. This will save you all from having to download them from the individual links, and will make updating way easier for me going forward.

tractor_ext1.thumb.jpg.8e0411a663054a7dc99c7060b7fed81b.jpgtractor_ext2.thumb.jpg.0011e725d73036de530ab88ee8c8640b.jpgtractor_ext3.thumb.jpg.20d335946e3483bccc8a65ed3acafab9.jpgtractor_ext4.thumb.jpg.8c76cb40991712bfc681a32e7bada52e.jpgtractor_ext5.thumb.jpg.eed805685d40691a31647f5b104a1686.jpgtractor_int1.thumb.jpg.c70ddd640af3623a0f0e08efffe2ac72.jpg

2 hours ago, Deverezieaux said:

I've been working on another to fill the rural 60x60 prefab slot which doesn't have a lot of vanilla options. If you have my Cidery POI installed you may have noticed it pops up a lot as there aren't many prefabs that fill this role. I didn't want to do another farm (or farm-like) POI, but wanted something that fits the rural theme so I went with a tractor dealership. This is going to be a part-heavy POI that I've been making a lot of tractor and heavy equipment parts for with lots of variants. The way I have the parts set you should never see the same layout of equipment any time this spawns in a new world. Problem is, as much as I've worked on the parts, I am just not thrilled with the results and wanted to see if I'm just being too critical. Using blocks for vehicles rarely works well, and I know there are mods out there that include some of these as buildable/drivable vehicles I don't want to force anyone to use a vehicle mod to get a POI to work correctly. Take a look at the pics and let me know your thoughts.

NOTE, MODLET INCOMING: Also, just a heads up everyone. I will also be posting a modlet with all of my POIs tiles and parts to the top of this thread in the coming days. This will save you all from having to download them from the individual links, and will make updating way easier for me going forward.

tractor_ext1.thumb.jpg.8e0411a663054a7dc99c7060b7fed81b.jpgtractor_ext2.thumb.jpg.0011e725d73036de530ab88ee8c8640b.jpgtractor_ext3.thumb.jpg.20d335946e3483bccc8a65ed3acafab9.jpgtractor_ext4.thumb.jpg.8c76cb40991712bfc681a32e7bada52e.jpgtractor_ext5.thumb.jpg.eed805685d40691a31647f5b104a1686.jpgtractor_int1.thumb.jpg.c70ddd640af3623a0f0e08efffe2ac72.jpg

Oh love the detail on your farm machinery . Looks amazing . 

Don't see any issue here with what you did. Alot of creativity gone into it. 

• Deverezieaux changed the title to Deverezieaux's POIs now as a modlet!