Lockpicking doors

Viktoriusiii

I know that when lockpicking was first announced in like... A15 (when mines came to the wasteland with the excuse that you'd be able to pick them someday)
And when it was first introduced, they said that they were holding off on being able to lockpick doors... (and all other forms of openables like hatches and stuff)

Anyone know why they are still holding out?

With how bad sneak is nowadays (not even talking about A20 changes, but the wallsleepers and silent weapons waking them up), this would give at leastsome interesting gameplay options.

I suppose they are scared that players would skip even more of their precious POIs? Or even worse, take a path they aren't supposed to?
I can't see another reason why this should not be implemented. It doesnt even take any more devtime. Just add the wallsafe code to doors ( with difficulties based on doortype)

and viola... Some interesting new mechanic.

Does anyone have a more recent statement on this issue? (last I heard about it was... I think A16, maybe A17)

Personally, with some of those T5 POIs, even with the path crafted out by them already, it can be really hard sometimes to clear ENOUGH that the final "yellow" dots show up showing you your last couple sleeper volumes.  There are enough minor dead end side paths with one sleeper volume in them that missing a couple means backtracking and painstakingly searching each area.  I still don't think I've ever completed a clear quest in Dishong (I have FINALLY figured out the side rooms in all of the other POIs at least, but it was a LONG process).

With the ability to more easily go through doors that exist for common sense reasons in the POI, but are locked for pathing reasons, the way forwards gets a lot murkier.  

Furthermore, with the addition of the buttons and key holders that now open specific locked doors to allow you to exit a long, maze-like POI's treasure room, they've kinda bypassed the NEED for lockpicking of doors.  The only reasons left to allow door picking would be pvp (thanks but no thanks) or bypassing routes in POIs....and they've already shown they want to DISCOURAGE that.