A20 Stable Release

Hated

Need to know of a way to disable EOS when running dedicated server on Linux.  It is crashing on AMD Phenom II CPU platform.  Have tried both ubuntu 18.04 and 20.  Runs fine from AWS but not on older hardware for whatever reason.

A19.4 runs fine on the AMD Phenom II platform.  I did not test the non-stable experimental builds on the AMD Phenom II platform.

Also could not find the bug reporting thread.

Edited by Strykhar (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, Strykhar said:

Need to know of a way to disable EOS when running dedicated server on Linux.  It is crashing on AMD Phenom II CPU platform.  Have tried both ubuntu 18.04 and 20.  Runs fine from AWS but not on older hardware for whatever reason.

A19.4 runs fine on the AMD Phenom II platform.  I did not test the non-stable experimental builds on the AMD Phenom II platform.

Also could not find the bug reporting thread.

Okay - the solution was presented to me from another steam post.  Thanks to CancelMyFuneral on 7dtd Discord.

Edit the config file platform.cfg in the dedicated server install root directory for A20.

Change this:

platform=Steam
crossplatform=EOS
serverplatforms=Steam,

To this:

platform=Steam
crossplatform=
serverplatforms=Steam,

Only question I have is, are you still forcing zombies to leap and jump around or are you give server admins the right to pick and choose the zombies behavior.

I hate the idea of athletic zombies and thats why I have not continued playing this game. Just keep holding onto some small hope that either someone finds a way to mod and get rid of intelligent and athletic zombies or the development team decides not everyone like on style of game play.

REALLY! This new stupid update screwed my game erased it so no you cannot continue your old game which I was level 65 now have to start over sucks!

not impressed with this new version 20 at all they did was add Lazy many double triple POI and large city POI with no loot lame loot and 35 same zombies

in onw area I just now was getting decent loot BS! But now my game has been erased THANKS! boring was a good game the updates suck ass just got Lazy and added

huge lame City POIs with more zombies male suck ass loot and game grind drags until well just yesterday I was finally managing getting some decent loot and game stage was 120 dont want to hear it!

12 hours ago, Sinalott said:

REALLY! This new stupid update screwed my game erased it so no you cannot continue your old game which I was level 65 now have to start over sucks!

not impressed with this new version 20 at all they did was add Lazy many double triple POI and large city POI with no loot lame loot and 35 same zombies

in onw area I just now was getting decent loot BS! But now my game has been erased THANKS! boring was a good game the updates suck ass just got Lazy and added

huge lame City POIs with more zombies male suck ass loot and game grind drags until well just yesterday I was finally managing getting some decent loot and game stage was 120 dont want to hear it!

lmao some one is mad  xD chill out dude you can change the setting of the game  plus they did say every patch recommend to start fresh 

let me guess you havent played 7dtd  before right ?

20 hours ago, Sinalott said:

I think we found the salty sailor Sinalott.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:54 PM, Sinalott said:

Wow man, you really need to learn how to form an actual sentence. As to your point tho, you can go back and play an earlier version. So just stick with A19 if that's what you like.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:54 PM, Sinalott said:

Don't play Alpha games if you don't want to start over with most updates.  Just wait til Gold.

for me the game crashes in the current version he says
Fallback handler could not load library E: / Program Files / Steam / steamapps / common / 7 Days To Die / 7daystodie_Data / Mono / XInputInterface32 and have already tried everything aphla 19.6 works but

14 minutes ago, paddydennis said:
for me the game crashes in the current version he says
Fallback handler could not load library E: / Program Files / Steam / steamapps / common / 7 Days To Die / 7daystodie_Data / Mono / XInputInterface32 and have already tried everything aphla 19.6 works but

okay... the fallback handler is not what causes your crash but you didnt offer up the output log so i dont know what did.

i get those same fallback handler statements in every game of 7dtd and have yet to crash.

the version number that shows shows that for me as well and is not causing any issues within game (i have requested it to be removed but world builder devs want it there for now)

and this is in all of my a19, a20 and a21 games (i even get them now and again showing a16.4 and havent did an a16 test in ages. :)

Spoiler

Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/XInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library I:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libXInputInterface32

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, paddydennis said:
what does that mean that there will never be a solution and can never play 7daystodie again

?? what are you referring to.  nvm i see what you are talking about. i stated you didnt offer an output log and it really should go into the general support section so the guys can help you. (because the discussion could be lengthy)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

On 12/23/2021 at 1:27 PM, unholyjoe said:

bug report section is easy to find.  3 clicks (please make sure it is set to go to the bug pool as it may get lost in the shuffle if not).

bandicam 2021-12-23 13-23-39-681.jpg

bandicam 2021-12-23 13-16-48-465.jpg

This is so bad and terrible.  You should be able to BROWSE to find the bug reporting page.  It should be no more than 1 or 2 clicks to find the initial thread to begin your bug reporting adventure with A20.

The best way to get to bug reporting is NOT through finding someone's post with a word "HERE" to get there.

Currently, the best way is through the "Before you report a bug! >" red banner.  The link to the root page of the A20 Bug Database should be at the top of Hated's post within that Banner link, but it is not.

If you are not paying attention, and most users are not, they will miss that the bread crumbs change when you click the "Before you report a bug! >" banner link and follow the linked entry.  You can get to A20 Bug Database using the bread crumbs once you've clicked that link and jumped to Hated's post.

No, this is not easy or intuitive to find.  It is practically hidden.

See attachments for how to get to A20 Bug Database.  I could not find this SylenThunder post as mentioned.

hated_post.PNG

hated_post_link.PNG

On 12/29/2021 at 2:25 PM, Virgil said:

Only question I have is, are you still forcing zombies to leap and jump around or are you give server admins the right to pick and choose the zombies behavior.

I hate the idea of athletic zombies and thats why I have not continued playing this game. Just keep holding onto some small hope that either someone finds a way to mod and get rid of intelligent and athletic zombies or the development team decides not everyone like on style of game play.

I was serious. I really think there should be an option for the server admin to chose if the zombies leap around like lame rabbits or if they can chose to have them the Walking Dead style. I don't see why this can't be an option. In the early stages zombies didn't leap around. I still remember getting my butt kicked when too many zombies surrounded me. I know zome like the.... Not sure what you call them, Zeds? Zombies that have super powers or something. Not sure how a rotting corpse would be able to climb ladders or jump over pits. I thought that was for the Feral Zombies as well as having to deal with those flying creatures, zombie spitters and the spider zombie.

So seeing as how I don't see an option anywhere to turn off ladder climbing and leaping around does someone have a mod or know where to get a mod that would disable normal zombies from being super zombies?

• Roland locked this topic